Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One factor affecting deliveries possibly, is both the round and yoke wheel are stalk less.

Maybe, it is just a regulatory matter, and when resolved, the wheels/yokes are easily changed at the SvC.

My guess is the cars with round wheels will be the first cars delivered.

I just left Tesla service for a small issue and was talking to one of the service guys and they said they literally just got a Red refreshed S in yesterday, in a crate.. They were instructed to park it in a public parking garage and move it every few days.. Basically to get "hype" out there.. Isnt that crazy??

Lol are you serious? Do you think this is the way to keep people baited for 6 months until the refresh actually comes out?

I renewed last weekend. Am totally expecting for that $800 to be wasted by a Model S delivery in the next 7 days!
It will be $800 well spent. That’s how usually it happens with me. In fact one of my friends recently told me that while he was leasing he never got a decent job offer. The minute he bought a home, he got an out of state offer that blew him away but was too late 😀

This makes me wonder... Is this really for testing or for hype? Tesla is known to do stuff like this... What on Earth are they testing in Charlotte? Lol
My guess, both...

IMO, everything but the round wheel and plaid plus features such as new cells are good to go. You would not retool a factory and supply chain unless you were 99.99% certain that things would work as planned.

Swapping a steering wheel is trivial.

The yoke will take a while. Main purpose is to create buzz and a short seller trap when it comes out and folks rave about it.

If I felt I could time a dip in the share price I would do it. Meanwhile, HODL.

My guess, both...

IMO, everything but the round wheel and plaid plus features such as new cells are good to go. You would not retool a factory and supply chain unless you were 99.99% certain that things would work as planned.

Swapping a steering wheel is trivial.

The yoke will take a while. Main purpose is to create buzz and a short seller trap when it comes out and folks rave about it.

If I felt I could time a dip in the share price I would do it. Meanwhile, HODL.

But wouldn't people getting behind the wheel and seeing and posting all the new features create more "buzz" than a few spotted videos? Idk this all seems odd to me

But wouldn't people getting behind the wheel and seeing and posting all the new features create more "buzz" than a few spotted videos? Idk this all seems odd to me
Pure speculation follows.

The Elon minders were not able to mute his desire for no steering wheel. Compromise was a yoke.

Someone dropped the ball on getting full regulatory approval, causing a delay in shipping to customers.

Now, the plan will be a big announcement just before the missed earnings and deliveries showing an approved yoke and thousands of cars hidden through out the country, ready for delivery, with a 10k car order backlog.

End of speculation.