Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it. It's hard to imagine the City of Fremont wants to continue interfering with Tesla's work after Elon's move to Texas and threat to move all activities out of California.
Perhaps go easy on the tinfoil--the NHTSA is not stopping Tesla from doing anything and neither is Fremont--permitting and inspections are part of everyday business

Off topic alert but does Freemont really care about Tesla? Honest question.
They do, the Fremont (one "e") factory employs ~10K people so it has significant impact on the local economy

What permits are you talking about? Is it related to s or x lines?
S and X are built on the same line -- look for posts by @doubleshot up-thread regarding changes to the production line

Both the S and the X will be in production as soon as Tesla can get them there. Be it permits or other issues. While communication is horrendous, I am confident Tesla is pushing to get these cars built. If for no other reason then so they can move on to CT, etc.

When they’re ready and able they’ll produce cars. No sooner. But producing cars starts with very, very few and a slow ramp. Patience.

“Estimated Delivery: -“

Last edited:
They do, the Fremont (one "e") factory employs ~10K people so it has significant impact on the local economy

Sorry on the Fremontt misspelling. I assumed they were a major player in the local economy but there are a lot of municipalities across the country with a poor attitude when it comes to truly supporting big businesses. Just wondering if the city would see the importance of deliveries to Tesla and actually help them where they could to facilitate fast delivery.

Sorry on the Fremontt misspelling. I assumed they were a major player in the local economy but there are a lot of municipalities across the country with a poor attitude when it comes to truly supporting big businesses. Just wondering if the city would see the importance of deliveries to Tesla and actually help them where they could to facilitate fast delivery.
TBH, I would think (and hope) they treat inspections at Tesla the same as any other business.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Sorry, what’s the topic of the thread again?
1617577898788.jpeg

What permits are you talking about? Is it related to s or x lines?
Two open permits on the GA lines. Tool install and bus bar. Both labeled MS/MX. Both opened over a month ago. Both are now issued with no final inspections. First inspection for the bus bar was scheduled twice and missed for rough electrical. Meaning that's just the first inspection. Rough vs finished electrical. The tool install one went issued on 4/1. No inspections have been scheduled. But due to the length of plan check, that one seems to be a pretty big install.

Two open permits on the GA lines. Tool install and bus bar. Both labeled MS/MX. Both opened over a month ago. Both are now issued with no final inspections. First inspection for the bus bar was scheduled twice and missed for rough electrical. Meaning that's just the first inspection. Rough vs finished electrical. The tool install one went issued on 4/1. No inspections have been scheduled. But due to the length of plan check, that one seems to be a pretty big install.
I can’t comprehend what any of this means, but it sounds informative!

Where is this? Ft Lauderdale or Miami? If so, I think we all need to g2g next weekend to demand a test drive of that MS Plaid. If there are new refreshed MS Plaids in S FL, then we should be allowed to friggen test drive them before handing over $146k to Tesla to take delivery of our own car! And - btw - don’t understand why it has that front license plate holder since FL doesn’t have front plates. But maybe it just came that way from CA and they never removed it. I hope the Tesla SC will remove the front plate bracket if I ask them before taking delivery if it comes on there as default. That’s not cool in FL and it must be removed (and I would rather they do it than me...I’m likely to accidentally remove the front bumper all together, lol! 😜).

Last edited: