Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least you guys get a response. Not sure what’s going with the Tesla people in South Florida but nobody replies to a simply email. Sad and pathetic. 😒

Yeah, you have to call or go in person and pester them. I'm not 100% sure what they are doing though, given many locations sold all of their test vehicles, all of their showroom cars and, apparently, no inventory is available on any model for two more months. I guess, working on repair issues? I thought about just going with a Model 3/Y and maybe a Plaid+ next year and was told it would be end of May/early June before it would arrive and that there is zero inventory in all of Texas/Oklahoma/Louisiana.

• Helpful
Reactions: sflgator
Ok. I'll correct myself. For my particular situation, I am getting the same timeline from their lame text messages and by calling. ;)

I get texts saying they need my registration information and insurance, but they give me no response at all on delivery update. Three Teslas, and the service gets worse every time.
First Tesla - shame on them.

Second Tesla - They did it to me again - I don't want to become the poster child for "shame on me.'

Third Tesla - I'm tired playing the fool. Hello Mach E - ID 4 - Ariya - E-Tron etc

I'm still on the "First Tesla" stage. I'm moving quickly to Stage 3...

Reactions: sam3194
Ok. I'll correct myself. For my particular situation, I am getting the same timeline from their lame text messages and by calling. ;)
Just got this from my SA: “Given this info, I anticipate a June release. Though this is speculation based on this press release.”

Attachments

• D35DA979-E8F7-47E7-8313-67F8ADDAA02C.png
    D35DA979-E8F7-47E7-8313-67F8ADDAA02C.png
    582.9 KB · Views: 133
Delivery update. My Feb 5th LR order still says March.

I think it's time to accept that SA's have no more information than we do. They're obviously going off what the website says since every answer is inconsistent and we are all in different locations.

I'd like to repeat and credit doubleshot's findings on the Freemont center permits. Both have been issued.
Anchors for CNC 40 bender Submitted Feb 8th, 2021 | Permit Issued March 2nd | Waiting on inspection since
S/X tool install Submitted March 8th, 2021 | Permit Issued April 1st | Waiting on inspection since

An April 3rd flyover revealed little to no cars are ready to go for Q2.

It isn't clear if they can begin work now that these permits have been issued while they are still waiting for an inspection. The 40 bender has been waiting for almost two months now. Since next week will get us halfway through April, it is very possible now West Coast folks will get into late April or it is true, May is our delivery month and will continue into June. However, Tesla "claims" the new equipment was installed and tested in Q1 and they're in the early stages of ramping up. Could that mean if production officially starts today or next week, Vin's could be assigned between April 19th-20th? I'm keeping a hopeful watch.

Either way, we're close. SO CLOSE. Just hang on a bit longer!

Tesla "claims" the new equipment was installed and tested in Q1 and they're in the early stages of ramping up. Could that mean if production officially starts today or next week, Vin's could be assigned between April 19th-20th? I'm keeping a hopeful watch.

Tesla also “claimed” that things were “in production” end of January. I don’t think their claims mean anything. If the line isn’t running, the line isn’t running. I don’t think we’ll see a customer delivery in April.

At least this forum is more reasonable, but the defenders need to be more realistic. The “lack of communication” has become “lying”. I’m not cancelling and I’ll be happy when I get my car, but Tesla is not ready for the time when they’re no longer the only real game in town.

Yeah, you have to call or go in person and pester them. I'm not 100% sure what they are doing though, given many locations sold all of their test vehicles, all of their showroom cars and, apparently, no inventory is available on any model for two more months. I guess, working on repair issues? I thought about just going with a Model 3/Y and maybe a Plaid+ next year and was told it would be end of May/early June before it would arrive and that there is zero inventory in all of Texas/Oklahoma/Louisiana.
I have had pretty good response in Southwest Florida but they don't know anything. My SA replies anytime I send an email, even 11pm

Thought this was relevant. I'm watching the documentary "Revenge of the Electric Car", and heard this fantastic quote from Musk:
"We're facing... a crisis of confidence [from] the customers... You can only tell them 'delayed' so many times, and then they start to think, man... is this company ever gonna get me a car?"
Man... is this company ever gonna get me a car?

[Context]: re: quality issues on early Roadsters that were preventing them from shipping
Aha, this must be why they're not TELLING us "delayed" so many times!

Delivery update. My Feb 5th LR order still says March.

I think it's time to accept that SA's have no more information than we do. They're obviously going off what the website says since every answer is inconsistent and we are all in different locations.

I'd like to repeat and credit doubleshot's findings on the Freemont center permits. Both have been issued.
Anchors for CNC 40 bender Submitted Feb 8th, 2021 | Permit Issued March 2nd | Waiting on inspection since
S/X tool install Submitted March 8th, 2021 | Permit Issued April 1st | Waiting on inspection since

An April 3rd flyover revealed little to no cars are ready to go for Q2.

It isn't clear if they can begin work now that these permits have been issued while they are still waiting for an inspection. The 40 bender has been waiting for almost two months now. Since next week will get us halfway through April, it is very possible now West Coast folks will get into late April or it is true, May is our delivery month and will continue into June. However, Tesla "claims" the new equipment was installed and tested in Q1 and they're in the early stages of ramping up. Could that mean if production officially starts today or next week, Vin's could be assigned between April 19th-20th? I'm keeping a hopeful watch.

Delays happen, but management needs to be more transparent. In the meantime, some videos 'from Tesla' would be great. Sorry, not excited watching a plaid testing in the snow. Edit: I'm pretty sure that's the only video Tesla released of a plaid.

Last edited:
I ordered my MS LR Jan 27 2021 as soon as I saw it was available on the configurator. Confirmation said “March 1-31 delivery”, subsequently changed to just “March”.
As it still says that, should I assume March 2022? I hon think it’s safe to say it should arrive by then. But you never know...

Hi, I’m new to the forum but just wanted to add after six years owning a 2015 MS with 148,000 trouble free miles I ordered my new MS LR Jan 27 as soon as the configurator allowed orders for the refreshed car. Original delivery window was March 1-31, now says March. It’s April 5. So, March 2022? Probably a safe bet I’ll get it by then but with Tesla you never know.

Hi, I’m new to the forum but just wanted to add after six years owning a 2015 MS with 148,000 trouble free miles I ordered my new MS LR Jan 27 as soon as the configurator allowed orders for the refreshed car. Original delivery window was March 1-31, now says March. It’s April 5. So, March 2022? Probably a safe bet I’ll get it by then but with Tesla you never know.

Wait - trouble free for real? Not enough people get on here and talk about things that don't go wrong. Give us more details on how its holdin up. No repairs at all?