Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the San Francisco service center earlier today, and took the opportunity to go snoop around the sales floor and ask questions (using my Plaid+ reservation as an excuse to start the conversation).

Here are the relevant tidbits I walked away with that might be new information:

1. There are already a few customer deliveries happening, but only to Tesla employees and “VIPs” (whatever that means)

2. Showrooms will not get any refreshed models until there is significant production, likely not until May or June

3. I could have chosen to move my Plaid+ reservation on the spot to “regular” Plaid or LR, but it’s effectively like making a new reservation (thereby losing my advantage of lower FSD price, and going to the back of the current line)

Last edited:
I was at the San Francisco service center earlier today, and took the opportunity to go snoop around the sales floor and ask questions (using my Plaid+ reservation as an excuse to start the conversation).

Here are the relevant tidbits I walked away with that might be new information:

1. There are already a few customer deliveries happening, but only to Tesla employees and “VIPs” (whatever that means)

2. Showrooms will not get any refreshed models until there is significant production, likely not until May or June

3. I could have chosen to move my Plaid+ reservation to “regular” Plaid or LR, but its effectively like making a new reservation (thereby losing my advantage of lower FSD price, and going to the back of the current line)
Well that makes sense! Hoping this is true. I like "significant production" could be in May!

LR MS still says July.

Screenshot_20210408-205649_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210408-205745_Twitter.jpg

I think people are using this to get twitter followers. The Doc in the earlier screenshot retweeted by Gary Black has since deleted his own tweet which showed a made up VIN. Gary Black citing "more than one" when at least one of them was a fabrication does not give this credibility. But I have to think we're close nonetheless.

My order status for my MS LR White/Cream 19" FSD still shows 4-11 weeks from Order date, which was 3/12/21 RN1146248xx

I think people are using this to get twitter followers. The Doc in the earlier screenshot retweeted by Gary Black has since deleted his own tweet which showed a made up VIN. Gary Black citing "more than one" when at least one of them was a fabrication does not give this credibility. But I have to think we're close nonetheless.

My order status for my MS LR White/Cream 19" FSD still shows 4-11 weeks from Order date, which was 3/12/21 RN1146248xx
Could be who knows. But both those accounts are well known and respected in the community also having a good amount of followers already but never know. Just hoping for some good news soon!

If there were VINs we would know without a shadow of a doubt. Just like what happened when the delivery date changed from March to July. Lots of people posting on here around the same time. Tesla can pump thousands of these things out per week, I get that demand is supposed to be high, but there are plenty of people with various order dates and configs on here, whether they were just getting ramped or not. It's not like they are going to build 50 a week or something.

I'm not sure if this is new info, but I just noticed that building a new default build MS shows a delivery of 10-14 weeks.
1617931364661.png

Building a new default MX results in a delivery of May-June

1617931415112.png

I'm speculating that there is a lot more pre-order interest in the MS than the MX given the interest in this tracking thread. So the longer wait for a new order may be just because of more backlog to clear for the MS. But that still points to deliveries a lot sooner than July for existing orders.🤞