Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same

Attachments

• Screenshot_16.png
    Screenshot_16.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: TNGuy99
Just built a Taycan for fun. First of all it took me an hour to select all the options. Once that was done, the car was well over $200k for the base model. I could not believe everything you have to add to the car to get what Tesla already comes with. Sure the interior is beautiful, but no thanks, I will stick with my beautiful Tesla MS Plaid!!

Just built a Taycan for fun. First of all it took me an hour to select all the options. Once that was done, the car was well over $200k for the base model. I could not believe everything you have to add to the car to get what Tesla already comes with. Sure the interior is beautiful, but no thanks, I will stick with my beautiful Tesla MS Plaid!!

I've done that a couple of times over the past 6 months. Porsche is a vanity joke - not a real competitor in the EV market.

Yeah, I had "built" a fairly loaded Taycan S (not even the "Turbo" or "Turbo S") a while back and it was > $150k. For Mfgr/EPA 220 mi. max battery range and performance just a tad better than my previous Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV. ☹️ Um, like you said...no thank you. Same issues for the Taycan's brother, the Audi RS E-Tron GT...awesome looks, interior, & tech, but lower power/performance and way less max battery range at a much, much higher cost! MS Plaid soon and we'll see what the future brings...maybe a Lucid Air GT or maybe another Tesla MS or maybe something else. But, I hope to enjoy the new MS Plaid for the next 2-3 years (after actual delivery that is...whenever that may be).

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOx
The newly announced A6 e-tron looks like the first car that would tempt me away from the Model S... Better looks than the EQS, more practical than the Taycan and Audi GT, with similar range (projected) and similarly priced to the Model S. Too bad they are about a year and a half late to the party (assuming we get our cars mid-year).

The newly announced A6 e-tron looks like the first car that would tempt me away from the Model S... Better looks than the EQS, more practical than the Taycan and Audi GT, with similar range (projected) and similarly priced to the Model S. Too bad they are about a year and a half late to the party (assuming we get our cars mid-year).

Nice but I'll believe VW/Porsche/Audi max battery ranges will be competitive (350+ miles EPA) when I see them hitting the US streets. And even if these new EVs come to fruition, at what cost from Porsche/Audi? 🤔 I think it was the CEO of the Porsche Group who recently was quoted saying he believes that future EV's should have even LESS battery range and not more! I'm still unsure why he thinks having less battery range would be a good idea and better for consumers?!?!?!?!? 😒