Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After lot of back and forth changed my order from plaid to LR blue/white/21ā€
I was told shouldnā€™t effect delivery date by much at all. I guess because they havenā€™t produced anything lol

Gotta change that user name bro. Welcome to the peasant club of 0-60 in 3.1s. it's a hard life to live, but someone has to do it.

I'd bet money on the following:
- We wont hear anything about the Model S Refresh until the next earnings call.
- We wont get the 2k discount for pre-refresh orders. Tesla will act like it was never mentioned. I can hear them now saying..."Well, it was never official."
- We will get an awesome car.
Wow, I was being a bit aggressive with the earnings call thing. Honestly I am surprised we made it here and it was actually that bad. Iā€™m almost sure we wonā€™t get a 2k discount now.

1/10, msm/white, LR

At this point - why is everyone so Antsy? The earnings call is a week from today and it will be addressed in some form there. @Hayseed_MS was told to expect June (8 weeks) for his, and 10-12 weeks for those who ordered later, hence the "July" timeline many of us have.

It's extremely unlikely that at, 60+ days past the original announcement, anyone on here actually has a source that's going to tell them anything more specific than that. I've just come to accept that July is "probably" right, and that's long time off.

Last edited:
I have seriously changed color combinations like 20 times. šŸ˜‚- Now I am settled for Black with creme interior for the LR, and Red with black interior for the Plaid. I cannot believe how much timeI have spent on this forum (and others), for a car that will get here in November (give or take 9 months). Pathetic, yet fun. šŸ•ŗ
changed mine to that on Friday.

Reactions: fakerlind
I'd be surprised if we get any kind of satisfying answer next week. It'll be more like "building cars is hard...mumble...mumble...mumble...expect to start deliveries in Q2." The S/X are not material is the company's financial health, so I don't expect anyone to push too hard.

Disagree - S/X could account for 10-15% of units and 20-25% of revenue. That's not what's called "immaterial", I'm sure they will either bring it up or someone will ask, especially given the recent EQS unveiling.

I have a source thatā€™s telling me even WE are running out of things to guess about. No real sightings recently, no leaked info, tired of guessing, earnings coming soon where we can all be angry that Elon doesnā€™t, in fact, provide a worthwhile update. S and X will arrive refreshed. Could be June, but itā€™s most realistic to expect theyā€™ll be delivering prior to year end. So could be December too.

Well the questions are there for investors to upvote in the earnings call "Say".

Delivery: (no update) We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer
I just spoke with my SA, who said they are supposed to be getting an update this week from higher-ups regarding deliveries. I am guessing this update will come just before the earnings call next Monday when Elon will undoubtedly be asked to provide an update. Whether that update will be vague or specific, or even accurate, remains to be seen.
Thanks for the update. Purely speculating here (like most/all of us) but my gut says and hopes for an update with firm details of the release date(s)/timeframe and reason for why delivery dates have been postponed. Hope is not a strategy but at this point...

Disagree - S/X could account for 10-15% of units and 20-25% of revenue. That's not what's called "immaterial", I'm sure they will either bring it up or someone will ask, especially given the recent EQS unveiling.
Don't disagree, but its not what analysts care about, especially if they over-achieve on the 3/Y. There were zero refresh S/X deliveries in Q1 and there was barely a murmur. If that repeats in Q2, maybe some folks might notice, but I would not hold my breath.

Don't disagree, but its not what analysts care about, especially if they over-achieve on the 3/Y. There were zero refresh S/X deliveries in Q1 and there was barely a murmur. If that repeats in Q2, maybe some folks might notice, but I would not hold my breath.

Maybe, but I'll just have to disagree. Again, these analysts love pressing about the competition. Given the recent taycan sales news and the eqs, I have to believe there are going to be concerned investors regarding the luxury segment. They did not know of a delay on the last call, I'm sure they are aware of it now. Hell they might even ask "why is the model s delayed and will the cause of this delay impact 3/y'