Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gray/cream LR, North Carolina, Jan 24. Text attached. The SA has been super nice but info not overly reliable.
I am Grey(MSM)/Cream LR, Dallas, Jan 21. So ours should be close. No word from my SA since he told me I would get it 2/14 when I first ordered. I just reached out to my SA quoting your SA. The highs and lows of following this board remind me of Christmas as a kid.

Last edited:
I texted my SA. Said as far as she knew there is nothing other than what was said at earnings call. Wouldn’t directly answer question if the text about deliveries was true or not true. Even “a not sure what your asking”.
got an odd sense from our usual exchanges over last 6 months. Usually more interaction. Could have been busy though.
my only other thought is the employee who said deliveries began is going to quit today.

Reactions: MattCharleston
For what it is worth, my SA just texted that they have begun receiving deliveries, expects my MS to be there early June. This was the first time she responded to an inquiry quickly so perhaps she was happy that there was some ligitimate good news.
When giving news/updates about personal orders, please provide first four digits of order number, e.g . #1141 and date of order.

Just got back from vacation and my date is still July. I was hopeful for no logical reason.

3ihvb8awlcx61.jpg

Not only can we see that giant side camera but I noticed once again the rubber trim in the crack of the door. This has me really excited for interior noise levels on this car...

Reactions: TNGuy99 and T-Racer
This tester above is def one of the first ones and has been sighted before - like over a month or so ago. The little things on the yoke have been seen before as well. Let's hope this thing was made in Feb/March - because if anything looking like this gets pumped out of the factory - it means we aint close!

@Tigers. Congrats on your new red S delivery...

If you do an apples to apples comparison you quickly realize that the standard LR Model S will do 0-60 in approximately 2.85 seconds with 1 ft of rollout. The acceleration benefits of the plaid are definitely restricted by traction at lower speeds. It makes one question the value proposition of paying 40K more for the plaid to gain 8/10th of a second to 60. The clear benefits will be achieved with passing power at higher freeway speeds.
LR = Ludicrous Returns ;)

Reactions: T-Racer
This was a fantastic video. Thank you for posting this!

Since the maximum force with which a car can push against the road is limited by the friction coefficient of the tire multiplied by the normal force, it is clear that Tesla is now approaching the maximum acceleration possible within the confines of the laws of physics. The only way to improve acceleration would be with racing slicks or thrusters.

If you do an apples to apples comparison you quickly realize that the standard LR Model S will do 0-60 in approximately 2.85 seconds with 1 ft of rollout. The acceleration benefits of the plaid are definitely restricted by traction at lower speeds. It makes one question the value proposition of paying 40K more for the plaid to gain 8/10th of a second to 60. The clear benefits will be achieved with passing power at higher freeway speeds.

If I had to choose, I'd definitely take the higher end pulling ability, though the extra grunt from down low is always welcome. Tesla has always lacked power compared to many other cars in it's same price range (or even less) at highway speeds. That third motor and carbon sleeved rotors to help maintain peak power through to top speed is worth it's weight in gold. Then when you factor in battery degradation - it's going to be even more appreciated long term. I really look forward to Sandy Munroe doing a breakdown of the new motor and what improvements or clever engineering they've put into the new design.