Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from vacation and my date is still July. I was hopeful for no logical reason.

View attachment 659777

Not only can we see that giant side camera but I noticed once again the rubber trim in the crack of the door. This has me really excited for interior noise levels on this car...
Whenever I get my MS LR Red, it will be my first one. Is that huge panel gap typical?

This was a fantastic video. Thank you for posting this!

Since the maximum force with which a car can push against the road is limited by the friction coefficient of the tire multiplied by the normal force, it is clear that Tesla is now approaching the maximum acceleration possible within the confines of the laws of physics. The only way to improve acceleration would be with racing slicks or thrusters.

If you do an apples to apples comparison you quickly realize that the standard LR Model S will do 0-60 in approximately 2.85 seconds with 1 ft of rollout. The acceleration benefits of the plaid are definitely restricted by traction at lower speeds. It makes one question the value proposition of paying 40K more for the plaid to gain 8/10th of a second to 60. The clear benefits will be achieved with passing power at higher freeway speeds.
The real gain for me is the 8s car. If they produce an 8s car for road use...... Mind blown.
1620263166154.png

Reactions: Arpe and pacnwplaid
From my SA in Mt Kisko, NY.
Providing you with an estimate on delivery would be foolish because I have yet to see one Model S or Model X be delivered yet. Apparently, we will be receiving the first Model S to Mt. Kisco in the middle of June.
Also ordered at Mt Kisco. 2/5 LR MSM black interior arachnids, RN 1144. My SA has been straight up from day 1. Called me when delivery date was pushed back. Last communication was a straight up ‘hopefully sometime this summer’. No ‘sugar’ from my SA either. ETA still shows July and has done since early April.

Reactions: Laddcruzer
Gray/cream LR, North Carolina, Jan 24. Text attached. The SA has been super nice but info not overly reliable.
Sadly, she used the word “vehicles” when describing what was arriving. Technically, Y and 3s are arriving daily. I’d think we’d hear if VINs were out and refreshed Ss arriving.

There are people literally parked outside the logistics lot (or flying their drones over it!) waiting to see trailers pull out with refreshed cars. Nothing yet on the interweb with evidence. The Fremont factory has more eyes on it than a North Korean missile site. Pics or it didn’t happen. Sorry.

From my SA in Mt Kisko, NY.
Providing you with an estimate on delivery would be foolish because I have yet to see one Model S or Model X be delivered yet. Apparently, we will be receiving the first Model S to Mt. Kisco in the middle of June.
Cool, given the 2 week transit time to the East cast, we should start seeing cars on carriers in late May, early June.

Curious, I see a lot of message that say "ordered from [specific store]", why would you want to do that rather than just order on the web?
Can you get the 10% discount online? (I was so tempted to post with just that, and get some chatter going this morning, but I'd rather just wait for VINs. No discount anywhere just to be clear. I think it is just a matter of whether you wanted to look at colors and place an order with cars in front of you.)

Reactions: MattCharleston
Curious, I see a lot of message that say "ordered from [specific store]", why would you want to do that rather than just order on the web?
I have never owned a Tesla. I set up a test drive in Pennsylvania. They were busy that day. My SA set up a time to walk through order and answered a lot of questions. I am in NY and was told I had to take delivery in NY.

Does anyone else do this everyday?
RN 1140 Plaid
Order Date 10/2020
Confirmed Refresh w/in 48 Hours
East Coast
VIN-None
Original Estimated Delivery Date 2/15 to 3/15
Estimated Delivery Now-Blank space
Order Agreement-No 2K credit for pre refresh
Model S Support Videos-Pre Refresh
NHTSB 10 Most Recent Tests-No Tesla Models
SA Contact-Weekly
New SA Information-None
Tesla App Last E Mail- 9/2020
First Confirmed VIN-None
Last Refresh Spotted-5/1 Drone Fremont
Building Permits-No Change
Updated to 5/21

Does anyone else do this everyday?
RN 1140 Plaid
Order Date 10/2020
Confirmed Refresh w/in 48 Hours
East Coast
VIN-None
Original Estimated Delivery Date 2/15 to 3/15
Estimated Delivery Now-Blank space
Order Agreement-No 2K credit for pre refresh
Model S Support Videos-Pre Refresh
NHTSB 10 Most Recent Tests-No Tesla Models
SA Contact-Weekly
New SA Information-None
Tesla App Last E Mail- 9/2020
First Confirmed VIN-None
Last Refresh Spotted-5/1 Drone Fremont
Building Permits-No Change
Updated to 5/21
**** you just "tricked" me into doing it now, thanks pal...