Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing all those LR MS’ from the drone footage I am holding out hope to see my 1/1/21 ordered LR delivered on June as well.

Have had a “blank” for delivery date for quite a while
Let’s hope that’s what “blank” means. My convo with a SA earlier this week that indicated SoCal deliveries are only EOQ was not good news. What was unsaid was that production earlier in the quarter was shipped out of state in order to maximize quarterly deliveries, saving March, June, September and December production for deliveries for CA. I hope he’s wrong.

So...the short cable charger has been sold out for quite some time now on the Tesla sight. As August is approaching, I'm starting to get a little nervous about actually having the charger installed in time. Think maybe it's time to call an electrician, and have everything else done before the charger becomes available?
I had an electrician swap out my older ChargePoint charger for the new Tesla Wall Connector Charger in March just after I sold my previous EV thinking I was taking delivery of my MS Plaid in March. It's been sitting there with the green light on and connected to my wifi ever since, lol.

I like the Tesla wall connector, but it isn't really necessary for charging a single vehicle. I have two wall connectors that I use to charge multiple EV's concurrently. The Tesla wall connectors I have are great at this because they communicate with each other and adjust the voltage to the maximum I can charge on both cars at the same time.

For a single EV, you should be just fine with a Nema 14-50 dryer receptacle and the charger that comes with the car. The only reason to pay extra for the Tesla wall connector is if you need to charge your car faster. Using a 14-50 receptacle with the mobile connector will allow you to charge at 32 Amps on a 50 amp breaker or approximately 23 miles per hour for the Model S. The Tesla Wall connector will charge at 48 amps on a 60 amp breaker and approx 34 miles per hour.

Nema 14-50 Home Depot

Tesla Mobile Connector
Yes, charging it faster is better for me; quite often, I drive to Miami for customer appointments (150-180 miles round trip)...come back home and then want to go out to dinner with the family or for some craft beers with my buddies, so it's nice to charge it, even for an hour or two to get some extra miles on the battery for later.

Really enjoy reading the thread so far. Glad to see so many MS enthusiasts waiting to take delivery!

Ordered a Plaid/Red/21"/Black interior/FSD on 3/22 (RN1146) and started with 4-10 weeks, then went straight to 6/1-6/30 3 weeks ago. When the site started going through all the maintenance a week or two ago it jumped to August twice so far, but jumped back to 6/1-6/30 within half a day so I'm optimistic those are my dates 🤞 Delivery location is in Marina Del Rey.

On another note, someone mentioned the tilt screen being deleted as a feature. I also recall one of the features being listed was ambient lighting and you can see still see them in the interior photos. Are we no longer getting ambient lighting as well??

Reactions: T-Racer
Yes, charging it faster is better for me; quite often, I drive to Miami for customer appointments (150-180 miles round trip)...come back home and then want to go out to dinner with the family or for some craft beers with my buddies, so it's nice to charge it, even for an hour or two to get some extra miles on the battery for later.
It's definitely well worth the investment in your use case. The extra speed in those types of situations is invaluable, but a lot of people have short commutes of 5-10 miles and then want to go out in the evening and in that type of situation the included Mobile Connector that will charge at 32 Amps is sufficient.

It definitely looks better than the Mobile Connector hanging from a receptacle. So, there is an aesthetic value to having it on your garage wall if you are into that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Really enjoy reading the thread so far. Glad to see so many MS enthusiasts waiting to take delivery!

Ordered a Plaid/Red/21"/Black interior/FSD on 3/22 (RN1146) and started with 4-10 weeks, then went straight to 6/1-6/30 3 weeks ago. When the site started going through all the maintenance a week or two ago it jumped to August twice so far, but jumped back to 6/1-6/30 within half a day so I'm optimistic those are my dates 🤞 Delivery location is in Marina Del Rey.

On another note, someone mentioned the tilt screen being deleted as a feature. I also recall one of the features being listed was ambient lighting and you can see still see them in the interior photos. Are we no longer getting ambient lighting as well??

Noooooooooo. This has been banned from being discussed. @Tigers has been awoken.

Someone told me they aren't going to make red MS anymore. Those orders are being converted to the new hot pink metalllic.

Like this one? This is one Elon is making for one lucky TMC member.

1622059907246.png

Reactions: T-Racer
Daily JSON diff update. Looks like FSD/EAP changed from $14K to $15K after delivery.

Went from:

Code:
"addAfterDelivery": "$4,000 if added after delivery",

To:

Code:
"addAfterDelivery": "$5,000 if added after delivery",

And went from:

Code:
"removeAutoPilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($14,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",

To:

Code:
"removeAutoPilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($15,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",

Daily JSON diff update. Looks like FSD/EAP changed from $14K to $15K after delivery.

Went from:

Code:
"addAfterDelivery": "$4,000 if added after delivery",

To:

Code:
"addAfterDelivery": "$5,000 if added after delivery",

And went from:

Code:
"removeAutoPilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($14,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",

To:

Code:
"removeAutoPilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($15,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",
Wow what value

Reactions: HumanInput