Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@boonedocks any additional information that can be gleamed from your time with MS? What does frunk look like, how was the rear screen??

The info and pictures came from a trusted Tesla Employee friend He has no affiliation with shipping / delivery etc so couldn’t help with delivery estimates or the like. He just had hands on for a bit today

Exactly! A lot of people lease cars for 2 or 3 year contracts. I have purchased and sold multiple Tesla vehicles since FSD became a feature. FSD at 10k or 14K could never be justified unless you are going to own the car for several years.

Elon is the first guy I have seen that has been successful at selling a software product for several years that doesn’t even exist at this point in time. That is a pretty impressive feat when you think about it, and I wonder how it is even legal. Those of us willing to pay for the FSD package are paying for the promise of something great in the future that we might not ever get to use, since we will no longer own the car once it is fully functional.

I have a problem paying for features that aren’t yet functional and removing features that were previously included with EAP or even the original Mobileye Autopilot 1. Summon and auto lane change were previously available on basic autopilot packages. Now I need to pay 14K for that? Give me a break! Bring back EAP and bring on FSD subscriptions so we don’t need to own our cars indefinitely.

Sorry for the late night rant, but the FSD package is probably the most infuriating aspect of the whole Tesla ecosystem. We have watched it go from $6,000 to $8,000 to $10,000 and now maybe $14,000 over the last couple of years with very little added functionality. Elon is trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy - the lunacy that Tesla vehicles will not be depreciating assets because of the added value of FSD.
In a lease, the residual does apply to FSD. So you are effectively only paying for a percentage of it.

I hate you all.

@Maximus023 - No, ambient lighting is still there, hidden within the features list....

Be honest - you do not hate us all - just some of us...

Has anyone seen the ambient lighting (not just in the web text which could disappear like a delivery date)? And, yes, being able to pick the color would be a nice touch.

Reactions: SoCalrancher
Since we are trotting out our Tesla source, had an exchange with someone I know fairly far up the food chain. She led me to believe the June deliveries for Plaids are a very real thing and is the reason I switched yesterday. I consider her to be 100% reliable.
I wonder if we have the same source. My source said they were going to "make some calls" after I kept bugging about a 6/3 pickup.

Daily JSON diff update. Looks like FSD/EAP changed from $14K to $15K after delivery.

Went from:

Code:
"addAfterDelivery": "$4,000 if added after delivery",

To:

Code:
"addAfterDelivery": "$5,000 if added after delivery",

And went from:

Code:
"removeAutoPilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($14,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",

To:

Code:
"removeAutoPilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($15,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",

Does this mean Enhanced AutoPilot will be offered for $4k? I dont care about FSD, but getting EAP capabilities at $4k is very tempting.

Daily JSON diff update. Looks like FSD/EAP changed from $14K to $15K after delivery.

Went from:

Code:
"addAfterDelivery": "$4,000 if added after delivery",

To:

Code:
"addAfterDelivery": "$5,000 if added after delivery",

And went from:

Code:
"removeAutoPilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($14,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",

To:

Code:
"removeAutoPilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($15,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",
So if I bought FSD after delivery it would be 15k vs 10k that its at right now? planning to buy it after cause it increase taxes but if its a 5k additional cost it wouldn't make sense to do so.

My source said tell @Tigers ambient lighting only comes in blue and definitely not red, but he can use cellophane to make any color he’d like.
Does anyone’s source have any info about LR deliveries? Im super-psyched for all the Plaid soon to be owners, but feeling dry here in the LR information desert. 😀. And excuse my ignorance, but what the H is the ambient lighting for? I’m beyond needing it anymore. 30 years ago I could have used it. 😀

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc
No more tilting display in the descriptions? Ok this really sucks. I wanted a screen that oriented towards me while driving. Part of the reason I wanted a Model S. Been waiting so long for this car and this news is a total let down. It's a good thing Lucids' are not out yet. that's all I have to say.
Keep in mind with a landscape display center screen you may not need as much tilt as you think.

You still have a binnacle display.

Voice commands are your friend as well, to open and close menus.

No more tilting display in the descriptions? Ok this really sucks. I wanted a screen that oriented towards me while driving. Part of the reason I wanted a Model S. Been waiting so long for this car and this news is a total let down. It's a good thing Lucids' are not out yet. that's all I have to say.

To sum it up from last several pages:
- Tilt feature was on website features
- Tilt was shown in test mules
- Tilt feature taken off website features (but no formal announcement or fanfare)
- No more test mules with tilt - in fact test mules show different trim around fixed screen
- Tigers upset for Tesla "lying" to us about this feature.
- Some agree and some do not agree that it is needed

Sooo, with delivery day approaching, I thought, how should those lucky folks prepare?

Turns out, there's a link for that. "Prepare for delivery day". Right on the Tesla support page. How nice.

However, when selected, you get "404"

Just like every other support link, with the exception of "how to order"

I'm thinking the how to vids are going to be late to need...