Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was in this thread just after the white interior and CF changed to August. Someone posted they heard (going from my memory) “orders placed before the date change will be fulfilled in June).

Edit: Heard from the SA. See post above for same reasoning.

🤣 😂
With your same reasoning all LR are delayed to Sep-Oct. source? I just checked the website and it says Sep-Oct for MS LR deliveries. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unlike some of you rollercoaster riders, my dates rarely change.

LR - RN1145xxxx Placed March 1 - Delivery date has been rock solid at “August” since the date chaos started at the beginning of May
Plaid - RN1150xxxx Placed May 25 - Delivery date started at June for a day or so, and has been blank since then

This AM, my LR date has also gone blank. This is only the second date change my LR has seen since I ordered.

Reactions: T-Racer
Don’t know how you guys who have been in this since January are still here lol.

Ordered early April - Blue plaid Black interior carbon fiber

Went from blank to dash to june 1-30 to blank to June 23-30 for a week

Now August

This company sucks lol
Some of us ordered late 2020. I'm December. There are people with October orders in here.

New data points from my 3 orders.

• Both Plaid orders are still blank. (Both orders placed in the last 2 weeks with carbon fiber interior)
  • I added the FSD package to my LR order last week
Now my previously August LR order is showing a late June 22-30 delivery for the first time! If you are on the west coast, I strongly believe the FSD package is your ticket to an early delivery. Of course, these dates could also be meaningless.

1870416E-B992-46E5-9499-A7103C33D62F.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a mid-January (pre-refresh) order, and my date has been blank the whole time (except for about 12 hours a few weeks ago where it said June 1-30).

For those who've taken delivery of Teslas before, I'm wondering how much notice you can normally expect regarding your delivery date, and also how much ability the consumer has to delay acceptance of delivery if you're otherwise unable to make it on the appointed day of delivery? Am a bit concerned that they'll spring delivery dates on us with very little notice and that I may not be able to make it there on the assigned day.

The 1/4 mile is where the bigger performance motors shine. Take the P100D versus 100D or the Performance VS Long Range Plus and the 0-40 MPH aren’t that much different, it’s after 40 that the bigger motors show their stuff. I doubt the new LR will hit 10’s, I bet more like 11.2-11.3 times.
Which is exactly why after having a Raven Ludicrous for 2 years I am switching back to a LR. Unless you plan on track days, which I don't, the only people super excited about explosive power from 40mph+ are the police. (just kidding and sarcastic humor) (well mostly)

Maybe being on the west coast helps?
Probably not. I was told by my SA if I don’t get my car in June it will be September at the earliest. Said CA production is for Mar Jun Sept Dec deliveries. Other months go out of state. Could not explain why, the only explanation I can see is to maximize deliveries each quarter. Takes a day or two to ship in CA, so late quarter production can be delivered here. Earlier quarterly production can be shipped out of state and still be delivered. My “estimated delivery” was originally March, then June, now blank. SAs don’t seem to know anymore than we do but he said that’s when he’s seen deliveries in the past, so at least he is basing it on prior experience.

Reactions: HumanInput