Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please everyone IGNORE his request. I do not want to see those who have dates while I still have a big blank on my prefresh LR order...

ETA: This just populated on my account page - not sure what this means..
View attachment 670530
I think it means you are number 1 on the list for delivery in your region. 😀

7 months in...and like alot of others with LR, this is what i have
I ordered a white/white LR with 21" wheels and FSD in early March. First delivery was 4-11 weeks, then nothing, then June 1-30, then August and now it's been nothing for a couple of weeks. RN1146. I live about 20 miles from Fremont. I hope SOMEONE starts taking deliveries soon!

I don't know man, I haven't been around long, but if this "barely registers" for you then you must have experienced some epic screw ups. People waiting for cars, that they may need, for months beyond promised dates? Then watching newbies come along and order only to see them get potential delivery, albeit possibly false, within 45 days while you still sit with no end in sight since before Christmas? Launch events planned then scrubbed? Cars planned, then ordered then scrubbed? And an astonishingly absurd mountain of false information, intentional or otherwise, flowing from SAs to people just wanting to get some hint of when they might receive their car.

Best EVs ever made, hands down? Probably! But to say "best cars ever made, hands down" is highly subjective. There are some smart people in this forum and I imagine if another company had EVs with the looks, performance, range and ecosystem (Software development, charging network, etc...) of Tesla, we'd see an exodus from the brand, simply because of the sheer lack of customer service, information flow and missed promises. I for one am very excited to get my car, am a huge fan of the products and tech I have seen thus far, and I will wait as long as my circumstances allow me to wait!

Elon is absolutely an eccentric genius who also might benefit from having a left-brained COO handling some of the public facing logistics. Sorry to drone on, I don't normally get in the middle of stuff like this. I'm a fan as well and I want my car, but I also understand the frustration being expressed in this forum and the detective work being done around here.
The stories of how long the wait has been in the past here are epic. At this point, as the S/X are now more like "boutique" products rather than Tesla's bread & butter, the impact on the company of this situation is not going to be that big. So in the scheme of things, this is small potatoes. Even though this is impacting me directly, all that really happens as a result is that I learn to be more patient, which is a good thing.

New Gabe video available to everyone. He has fun taking there drone around the resurfaced track. Most interesting bit for me was the chassis @3:40 looks it's painted sig red. Also another one dropping tomorrow from the storage lot--lots of detail.

Those covered appear to be this color...

First thing first, congrats to those that have finally received the word they are going to get their car, I thought the day would never come.

Second, surprise but not surprised by the Plaid+. I agree with some others on here that maybe they figured out the plaid and plaid+ would overlap too much. Instead, I’m sure they “tweaked” the plaid to try and make it somewhat in between the original plaid and plaid+.

lastly, can’t believe the website still shows June delivery if you order a plaid today, I doubt that would be the case - but who knows. And also, seems like the webmaster must be on vacation because it’s still showing the plaid+ coming in 2022. I would of expected a company like this to at least update their website to reflect the public announcement it’s CEO just made. But I guess like everyone keeps saying, it’s Tesla and Elon. I get it is an awesome car, and I am super excited to get mine coming from a German ICE. But come on!!

I’m still showing blank. Kind of disappointed since some people have dates and getting more updates, it gets frustrating. Hoping the 10th we will find out more and at least get a delivery date again that they will honor.

Reactions: T-Racer
Reactions: epotter and webshot
I still have no date, its been gone for a couple weeks now. Crazy as I ordered back in November.
I ordered 10/2020. Mine went back to blank not even Estimated Delivery. Though I thought it was a great idea to go to Fremont. My family wasn’t big on the idea of a 3 week trip from California to New York. That’s factoring all the time I will spend getting “lost” along the way.

Same here... I still have a blank plaid order. It’s great that some will take delivery on Thursday but it’s super disappointing not having a delivery date.
Me too. January order, Blank estimated delivery. Really disappointing. Been trying to get in touch with SA or local Tesla for weeks for an update, with no replies. Finally waited on hold a half hour today, and they had nothing to share. I've been patient throughout, and would rather wait to have a car that's 100% ready to go than something quickly that's rushed, but now that we're into June, it's getting a bit irritating.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Racer and webshot
Me too. January order, Blank estimated delivery. Really disappointing. Been trying to get in touch with SA or local Tesla for weeks for an update, with no replies. Finally waited on hold a half hour today, and they had nothing to share. I've been patient throughout, and would rather wait to have a car that's 100% ready to go than something quickly that's rushed, but now that we're into June, it's getting a bit irritating.

I ordered about same day and my order history has been the same as what is your signature. Blue/black LR on 21"

Reactions: gpnyc
I'm guessing that Tesla will be coming out with an equivalent to Plaid + in the next year or so. It will just be branded differently (maybe just rolled in with regular Plaid 2023?, or will get a new name?). With the 500+ mile range (new 4680 battery), maybe some exterior/interior differences?

So hang tight - folks who wanted the Plaid+ in mid/late 2022 - they can anyways the car then. It will just be branded differently!

There were two differentiators between Plaid+ and Plaid: (1) a 4680 battery offering longer range; and (2) a bong that shoots pressurized gas out a hole behind the license plate when you need to accelerate to 60mph in less than two seconds. If the 4680 battery is so good, Tesla will use it in all its cars, or at least not just the Plaid+. Thus, the battery is not really a trim differentiator. So the only trim differentiator was the bong. I think most Plaid+ buyers would have canceled their purchases upon learning that.

First thing first, congrats to those that have finally received the word they are going to get their car, I thought the day would never come.

Second, surprise but not surprised by the Plaid+. I agree with some others on here that maybe they figured out the plaid and plaid+ would overlap too much. Instead, I’m sure they “tweaked” the plaid to try and make it somewhat in between the original plaid and plaid+.

lastly, can’t believe the website still shows June delivery if you order a plaid today, I doubt that would be the case - but who knows. And also, seems like the webmaster must be on vacation because it’s still showing the plaid+ coming in 2022. I would of expected a company like this to at least update their website to reflect the public announcement it’s CEO just made. But I guess like everyone keeps saying, it’s Tesla and Elon. I get it is an awesome car, and I am super excited to get mine coming from a German ICE. But come on!!

I’m still showing blank. Kind of disappointed since some people have dates and getting more updates, it gets frustrating. Hoping the 10th we will find out more and at least get a delivery date again that they will honor.
Just to remind the group, the original "Plaid" was the Plaid+. The current Plaid is what they put in place when they couldn't get the 4680 batteries online in time.

IT HAS 1100 HP AND DOES 0-60 MPH IN UNDER 2 SECONDS​

Musk announced during Tesla's "Battery Day" event in September 2020 the Model S Plaid will have a top speed of over 200 mph, run 0-60 mph in under 2 seconds, and will have a driving range of over 520 miles. The range-topping electric sedan will also be capable of running the quarter-mile in under nine seconds.

There were two differentiators between Plaid+ and Plaid: (1) a 4680 battery offering longer range; and (2) a bong that shoots pressurized gas out a hole behind the license plate when you need to accelerate to 60mph in less than two seconds. If the 4680 battery is so good, Tesla will use it in all its cars, or at least not just the Plaid+. Thus, the battery is not really a trim differentiator. So the only trim differentiator was the bong. I think most Plaid+ buyers would have canceled their purchases upon learning that.
I think you may have it confused with the roadster w/ spacex package.