Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I swear, do they even pay attention in the ev journalism world? That text has been there for months.
I can see the reviews tomorrow. "Accelerates faster than my brain can process, Ride is amazing. Car is gorgeous. Could only hit 187 MPH on I-95 during rush hour. 3/5 stars.

I swear, do they even pay attention in the ev journalism world? That text has been there for months.
This is the problem I have with journalists sometimes. That info was available on the evening of January 27, and they just now noticed it! It's like they don't even go to the Model S webpage! It's the same thing with their carbon-sleeved motor rotors. If you scroll down, you can see that these will enable the motors to make peak power all the way up to top speed. THIS IS HUGE! But all except one or two people actually noticed this! It just goes to show that if you going to do something, it's usually done better yourself.

This is the problem I have with journalists sometimes. That info was available on the evening of January 27, and they just now noticed it! It's like they don't even go to the Model S webpage! It's the same thing with their carbon-sleeved motor rotors. If you scroll down, you can see that these will enable the motors to make peak power all the way up to top speed. THIS IS HUGE! But all except one or two people actually noticed this! It just goes to show that if you going to do something, it's usually done better yourself.
Freddy said he is a blogger not a journalist, due diligence not required

I have an irrational hatred of Microsoft that goes all the way back to when Windows 95 auto deleted Netscape Navigator and replaced it with Explorer. I'm an avid gamer that has pretty much owned everything back to the Atari 2600, with the exception of any Xbox. Enough of that. This rant is definitely for a different forum. :cool:

This is the perfect form for that. This is kind of the open topic thread 🤣

That would surely be a nice surprise ... and would explain the price increase ... but unless they have kept it a big secret, they haven't even duplicated their development line to make more cells yet, still tweaking the machine, etc ...

My own view is that Tesla secretly plans to put the 4680 cells on the Plaid even though they marketed the "Long Range" as having higher range and even though they said the 4680 cells were a year away. It makes total sense when you connect the dots, the dots being that Tesla raised the price of the Plaid and cancelled the Plaid+.

Do you think our delivery estimates will update tonight during the event? For those that have been around the block before with this, how does that typically work?
Why would tonight be any different? Most Delivery Estimates are constantly updated. The date moves forward and back and for some of us... It just disappears. I haven't had a delivery estimate for over a month.

To answer your question: It is apparent that Tesla is putting all Plaid orders a priority. So you should get a delivery date soon.

But what about us LR buyers? Would be nice that Tesla would show us some love.

It is apparent that Tesla is putting all Plaid orders a priority. So you should get a delivery date soon.

But what about us LR buyers? Would be nice that Tesla would show us some love.
There are plenty of Plaid reservation holders with blank dates. My Plaid orders had a June delivery date for the first 24 hours after order placement. Since that time they have been completely BLANK!

Besides two forum members, Tesla isn’t really showing any of us some love!

Dish is too big, Elon said it a million time
Capture.JPG

You can hardly notice it.