Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, BUT, they are not doing that now and have not done it up to date so what will make it any different next quarter?
I was referring to your comment that a car every ten minutes seemed to be a difficult thing to do. It’s the parts shortage that is the constraint, not a manufacturing issue.

I'm curious what the production line looks like right now. And even more curious what the limiting factor is. 25/week is basically a hand assembly rate.

Where are you getting 25/week from? (Because that is how many they delivered at the big event?) Elon said that they would be delivering hundreds per week now, shifting to 1,000/week next quarter.

IMG_0900.jpg

Now that I think about it, the fact that switching an option ups your purchase price almost makes me think you're "writing a new order". I wonder if this has any effect on pushing you to the back of the line. If this line exists anyway. I think we found Omar ordered his Plaid car pretty briefly before getting a VIN.
There doesn’t seem to be much of a waiting list for Plaid, unless you config one that has a parts issue like CF. It’s a whole different story for LR. Very possible changing something puts you to the back of the line. My original order was 1/27 but I switched interior color 4/7 thru my SA, who assured me it wouldn’t be considered a new order and lose my place in line. But who knows? It’s not like they are a font of knowledge.

There doesn’t seem to be much of a waiting list for Plaid, unless you config one that has a parts issue like CF. It’s a whole different story for LR. Very possible changing something puts you to the back of the line. My original order was 1/27 but I switched interior color 4/7 thru my SA, who assured me it wouldn’t be considered a new order and lose my place in line. But who knows? It’s not like they are a font of knowledge.

I found the schematic Tesla is using to create the order line:
1623694371776.png

Hey I was only asking for a friend, @elonmusk, who said robotaxis and FSD would be here in 3 months maybe....6 months definitely!!!
Still waiting for the FSD I paid for back when Obama was president...in November, 2016.

Did get my free FSD computer upgrade, though!

Hey, weren't we supposed to get the "Download FSD Beta" in our [Service] menus a few weeks ago?

Don't be surprised if the LR gets a price increase as well, once the VIN's start churning out. It's currently much closer to the M3P than the MSP
Good thing is that we have locked in our price :)
I am not so sure about a price increase for the LR though. With the federal EV incentives for vehicles under 80k, Tesla will have to maintain current price point.

Over the weekend, I got desperate and reached out to my OLA regarding Plaid+ conversions and a July ESD with my Order Agreement showing a date of 6/7/2021. He replied today with:

When you convert your order it also changes your “order date” effectively as well!

Rest assured that we do have you on a high priority delivery list and look forward to helping you take delivery as soon as possible.

We should have a vin match for you in the next couple weeks.

Maybe that will give others who converted hope too!

For people that have a VIN but didn’t take delivery, does the vin show up at the main account page, before you hit manage?
Earlier in this thread, folks said they got an email from Tesla when the VIN was assigned. If that’s all you want to know, the email will tell you.

If you want to play the whack-a-delivery-date game, then the Manage button is the way to go 🛑💥

Drone flyover is definitely more than 25/week, just saying
Not denying that. I have seen a hundred of them or more with my own eyes almost 3 weeks ago and as of yesterday, they were still sitting there.
My feeling is that they readied 25 cars to "kick-start" deliveries and showcase to the world that they have begin deliveries, while the real deliveries are around 2 weeks away.
At this point, I will be happy if mine doesn't show up until August as long as its not one of the cars sitting in the lot for weeks.