Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the things I am really pleased about is how low the noise floor is, even without the active noise canceling. The "acoustic" glass helps, but I would guess they did some other things with the chassis. We also have a Model X P90D and agree I wish it were quieter.

Do you have a decibel meter? Maybe on an apple watch? I'd be curious what readings you get. Our 2020 Model X usually registers road noise around 75 mph at about 70 dbs.

Correct. FYI when Tesla/posters say "pano roof" they usually mean the panoramic sunroof, which is the one that opens. Glass roof is the one that does not open but doesn't have the cross bar.

The glass roof originally did not have XM, but later did. Pano roof always had XM.
Yep, edited my original post on that, just some misspeaking on my part for a moment; but yeah, I meant to say that the glass roof, w/o the crossbar, post Raven, was changed so that the SXM antenna was relocated from said crossbar and that it could absolutely do SXM.

Go Eagles!!

Thanks for the window sticker image. That answers a bunch of questions I had. I have a few more for you when you get to post again:

1) Did your car come with the 110V home charging cable and the adapter to use with non-Tesla charging stations plugs? These 2 accessories have saved me quite a few times on long distance trips.
2) Have you tried connecting your car to the mobile hotspot on your phone? If so, does it reconnect automatically when you start the car in drive next time after exiting? I have to manually reconnect to my mobile hotspot every time I put the car in D in my 2019 Model S.
3) Wondering if they made any changes to the dimensions of the glass roof. I had purchased a 3rd party mesh net to reduce the heat from the sun for my Model S, and want to reuse it in my new car if possible.
4) How noisy is the pedestrian warning system? My car did not come with it, so am wondering if you can hear it from inside the vehicle.
5) Have you tried plugging in a USB drive with music files to one of the USB ports and playing them? Any thoughts on how you like the music interface on the new screen?
6) The user manual says that the new car comes with a USB drive in the glovebox for the dashcam? Can you confirm if you got it in your car?

Again, thanks for your replies and congratulations on your Plaid. It looks fantastic!
1) Yes UMC, 110V adaptor and J1772 adpator
6) Yes - same one from the Tesla store

I'll work on the rest

@omarsultan Thanks for the additional photos on smugmug. I find myself refreshing that page just as often as this thread to see what new photos/videos you have posted 😂 I really appreciate the quality and up close shots of the interior.

What's the highest you've charged it at and what was the range estimate after doing so? Also, have you tried the different steering feel options like comfort vs. sport?
I have charged it p 90% which is my daly typical. Based on doing the math from that, the range is ~390, which means either the SW is buggy (maybe using the wrong coefficient for my set-up) to Tesla was sandbagging on range. I plan to go on a long trip towards the end of the week and charge at a 250kW charge to see what the curve looks like.

Seen lots of discussion on here that CF and/or white interior will likely result in delivery delay. Does anyone have thoughts about cream interior? My order is Blue/Cream/Wood/FSD, and delivery stays Blank. I know, lots of others' are blank, too, but maybe the cream is pushing it out, like white does/can?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It'a all good--most of the questions are good questions and make me curious about the answer too. :)

Really curious about that decibel reading, especially if you could do an apples to apples compare between your X and Plaid S on the highway at say 70 to 75.

Those apps are relatively (directionally) accurate, so while the absolute numbers will be off, you should be able to see a trend that matches reality! :D

I have charged it p 90% which is my daly typical. Based on doing the math from that, the range is ~390, which means either the SW is buggy (maybe using the wrong coefficient for my set-up) to Tesla was sandbagging on range. I plan to go on a long trip towards the end of the week and charge at a 250kW charge to see what the curve looks like.
It seems like 390 miles would be accurate with 19” wheels. Is your car set to the 21” arachnids and still showing that number?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Really curious about that decibel reading, especially if you could do an apples to apples compare between your X and Plaid S on the highway at say 70 to 75.

Those apps are relatively (directionally) accurate, so while the absolute numbers will be off, you should be able to see a trend that matches reality! :D

Agreed. That would be a great test to run, and hopefully one that exhibits a noticeable reduction in decibel levels, preferably of at least 5db. (10db would be amazing)

Reactions: HumanInput
Just a thought. Can't you download the XM app on your phone and just play it through bluetooth system?
Defeats the purpose of having satellite radio. TBH I have tried it on a few vehicles and I don't care for it but people driving in the middle of nowhere a lot will want actual satellite streaming if they care about XM.

That. Need to go find a place where I can go play. I know it goes fast, lots of people demonstrated that--it was more important for me to get the car on a twisty road, which is what I did yesterday. :)

If you don't already have one, would be great if you could find someone who has a Dragy device (or similar precise tester) in your area and do some solo actual launch (0-60, 1/8th mile and if possible 1/4 mile) testing to be the first one with accurate results outside of Tesla that you could then post here.

Just a thought. Can't you download the XM app on your phone and just play it through bluetooth system?
You can, but if you travel a lot and go through areas of weak signals, steaming does no good. Streaming is fine in metro areas, but once you are out, XM radio is great. Also, why I like having AM radio too. Signal travels a long ways at night and awesome for keeping same station, when traveling.

There is no XM if you have glass roof.. Only the Model X has XM radio.. I dont know of any mid-2018-now Model S with glass roof that has Sirius/XM.. There is no antenna

I have a glass roof 2020 Raven ... I added XM ... it was just a little box they plugged in up near the frunk ... they didn't install any antennas ... perhaps it's integrated into the little box, dunno 🤷‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS
Defeats the purpose of having satellite radio. TBH I have tried it on a few vehicles and I don't care for it but people driving in the middle of nowhere a lot will want actual satellite streaming if they care about XM.
I'm not sure how many people in Tesla's are driving in the middle of nowhere. They need internet connections. So if you want to listen to a certain station on XM radio, the app with an internet connection should suffice for the vast majority of people.