Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the cancelled pre-refresh orders, the February manufacture time moving to March April May June, and the price/rim/range changes, I would say until we see 1000 cars per week, it's safe to assume it will not happen on schedule.
I completely agree. My point is simply that they’re actually making cars now and 4 months is a long time. October doesn’t make any sense. August, September AND October? Sure, but not nothing till October. That’s not realistic even by Tesla standards.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If you are not the lead dog, the view never changes.
Just remember, going into business means you are trading one boss for many. However many clients/customers you have, each one thinks they should be the most important. It’s great
having a business but brings a lot of stress at time(depending on the type of business of course).

So I have a black MS plaid with carbon fiber that was ordered in February. I’ve had every possible delivery date and now it’s blank. I wasn’t aware of the carbon fiber backlog until after they raised the price. Is there any update on this? Are they letting you switch to wood without raising the price? Has anybody gotten a carbon fiber interior in plaid yet??? Sorry if this has been answered already but it’s hard to scroll through pages and pages

So I have a black MS plaid with carbon fiber that was ordered in February. I’ve had every possible delivery date and now it’s blank. I wasn’t aware of the carbon fiber backlog until after they raised the price. Is there any update on this? Are they letting you switch to wood without raising the price? Has anybody gotten a carbon fiber interior in plaid yet??? Sorry if this has been answered already but it’s hard to scroll through pages and pages
The consensus from this thread and others reaching out to SAs is yes - a change to the interior would trigger the price increase.

To your other question, I recall there being one (or two) members who had carbon fiber interiors who got a VIN.

Just received a text from Tesla and not the SA who reached out to me when I first placed my order.

Hi (removed my name), Tesla Delivery here!
Reaching out with good news, we are looking to have your new Model S delivered to you by the end of this month!!
If you are looking to accept delivery this month, please reply "YES" to this text thread and confirm information on file!
We will be offering touch-less home deliveries when the vehicle is available. Please reply back to confirm the delivery address and parking: (removed my address)

I of course replied with a big fat YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS 😂

Can you provide your Order details Especially helpful if you will add it to your profile as well
Course, and I’ll add it to my profile as soon as I have posted enough times (so thanks for the opportunity!).

I have had a few different orders in place over the last several months, including an MX LR order currently noted as a November delivery, which I will cancel.

I placed an MS Plaid order (MSM, black/ebony, FSD, 21”) on June 12 after the launch day excitement. It showed as a June delivery when I ordered and that stuck until last night when the VIN appeared and the site changed to June 18-21 for about 20 min and then settled in at June 21-27. My SA says it’s currently tracking toward a June 24 delivery.

Just received a text from Tesla and not the SA who reached out to me when I first placed my order.

Hi (removed my name), Tesla Delivery here!
Reaching out with good news, we are looking to have your new Model S delivered to you by the end of this month!!
If you are looking to accept delivery this month, please reply "YES" to this text thread and confirm information on file!
We will be offering touch-less home deliveries when the vehicle is available. Please reply back to confirm the delivery address and parking: (removed my address)

I of course replied with a big fat YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS 😂
Nice! Another CF with EOM delivery. And red exterior. So maybe CF and red paint is not the issue, but they are overshooting the design studio due to estimated part shortage / number of orders. Which does not look well for LR orders (cough myself).

The mystery remains about white interior though.

Stupid question - how are you getting to an SA? I've ordered online (2nd time). Last time I got in inside delivery advisor - but not until after the VIN was updated. I'd like to try and get some "inside info" to help navigate planning.
I have test driven several times and the guy who helped me with those stayed in touch via text and email. So I just email and text with him. Very responsive guy.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid