Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, new to the Tesla club here. After leasing other electric cars for few years, I finally put in a Model S LR RN1151 order last week. Estimated delivery showed September then, and since moved to October and eventually disappeared which seems to be common.
My only issue is, my current Bolt lease ends first week of September, how worried should I be based on the track records?
Until we see the ramp up to full production there’s really no telling how accurate delivery dates that far in the future are.

The good news is most leasing companies will work with you to go month to month for a few months so hopefully any delays won’t be an issue.

Stupid question - how are you getting to an SA? I've ordered online (2nd time). Last time I got in inside delivery advisor - but not until after the VIN was updated. I'd like to try and get some "inside info" to help navigate planning.
Call or chat with the corporate help side and they will get someone to (maybe) call you back.

Mine reached out to me about two hours of placing the LR order months ago with contact info, so quality varies. I heard zilch from the P+ reservation until a day before the event.

My SA reports that my car is at the factory and scheduled to be on a truck soon to head to the east coast. He's projecting 6/24.
My SA said east coast usually comes by train. She indicated from the looks of it the delivery to east coast is 24 and if carriers are immediately available delivery on the 26th. She has always been straight up with telling me there is no information

Awesome - congratulations! I am also picking up from that delivery center for my Red Plaid - hopefully this is a good sign that they are also delivering Plaids for delivery to the west coast!
Talked to Carlsbad Tesla who are also excited as this is their first delivery of a Plaid. They told me my car was just built and they are arranging for the truck to bring it down to Carlsbad.

I hope I dont have to go month to month with the bolt. My wife likes the Bolt too! Its functional but her primary is the Q7. I want to stick to my decision on MS :)
Question: When/if do you choose the Bolt over other cars? when we go to downtown Portland we always take the Bolt. With the 360 camera and smaller size it is so much easier to maneuver and park than my Model S. ALSO , I don’t cry it the Bolt gets a small door ding

Hi guys, new to the Tesla club here. After leasing other electric cars for few years, I finally put in a Model S LR RN1151 order last week. Estimated delivery showed September then, and since moved to October and eventually disappeared which seems to be common.
My only issue is, my current Bolt lease ends first week of September, how worried should I be based on the track records?
I would have some kind of back up plan and assume you may need another vehicle for a few months.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Agree that yes there are some LRs out there, going out for delivery, we've seen too many on the lots sitting.

BUT, they (Elon) said 100 or so a week is a goal for a while, and 1000 a week goal in Q3. I'd take that they get to 1000 a week as a goal by end of Q3. When he said "by" I don't think he necessarily meant it as by/before, but more by/the end of Q3. Companies usually mention a quarter or half of year and hit the very end of that target - the reason they keep it so vague. I don't expect LRs in bulk 1000+ per week until maybe October+ at earliest.
Of course they’re not going to go from 100 a week to 1000 a week in the next two weeks, that’s pure hyperbole. However, a modest ramp up has them hitting that number by mid August which does not move LRs to October. That doesn’t make any sense. Speculation aside, we know they’re making cars, and it’s not going to take another 4 months to start delivering LRs. Bottom line and sentiment of my comment is that we are not FOUR MONTHS from LRs getting delivered.