Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I am picking up my blue Model S Plaid on Wednesday and I am both excited and nervous. I have a Model 3 Performance and will be trading it in for the new whip but I am wondering, aside from having a small payment again, what I will miss about my old car. I am guessing the nimbleness and tossability may be it. But for those that have had both or have driven both, let me know what you think. Thanks. :) BTW first post here and have been lurking for a while. :)
Did they mention anything to you about how long it will take them to do a firmware update?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What happens to those of us who don’t make the current EOQ cut? Do we automatically default to EOQ3 and a September delivery?

Since MSes are not yet shipping out of NA, am I correct to assume deliveries could potentially continue through July and August ?
I think they will keep going and try and work off the backlog as quickly as possible.

It reminds me of when the Model X door buttons didn't line up on the exterior. Does it really hurt anything? No, but it looks like a manufacturing process issue where they need to realign the components on the door panel. I don't think this is something they can fix without removing and replacing the entire door with the modular design that it has. Could also be the body trim, really hard to tell.

One of the few kinks they will need to iron out but luckily it is cosmetic and if you can live with that then no worries.

@TrevTremaine @Aplus2005 they are missing parts
I get it. The Logistics Officer in me is just sad that this problem is taking so long to solve.

Just ordered a Model S LR 30 min ago. Delivery states in October. White on white with tempest rims. Trading in a 21 Model 3 LR. Hope they come close to a decent trade in. I know Tesla hates doing so LOL.

Whats the word on LR deliverys lately?
We think Sep/October is possible but there are too many unknowns to be sure.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Reminder for folks to update the tracking sheet as you get details and even deliveries

Did they mention anything to you about how long it will take them to do a firmware update?
No. But I imagine it may be coming in earlier cause they are prepping it before Tuesday. I am going to have it PPFd ASAP. I have been in contact with Tesla out of Las Vegas for a while and my order date was in January. Originally I was going with the white cf but that was not going to be delivered until August at the earliest and I actually like the black with dark wood.

Reminder for folks to update the tracking sheet as you get details and even deliveries

Link doesn’t seem to work

You beautiful sons of bastards, I got a VIN on my Plaid Blue / Black / Wood in the best damned flyover state in the union!!!

June 20 - June 24​

Lotioning up my thighs and getting the scented candles ready as we speak. I'm going to make the most of this.

And thanks to all the people that said VINs were coming at page 2000! I'm so excited!
That's great news - gives me hope, as another CO delivery, of Plaid Blue/Cream/Wood/FSD (but still Blank...) Are you picking up at Denver or Superior?

Anybody think some SCs can get priority over others?

Hi All,
We ordered Plaid on Jan 29th RN 1443 Blue White CF. Requested last week to change CF to wood and was told configuration changes would be subject to price increases. I asked about people who were able to change with out penality, and was told the only changes approved were Plaid+ to Plaid. We had this same SA for our last Model S in 2018. He was just as bad back then. A far cry from our order in 2015.

Attachments

• F8ADB9AA-B822-45D2-B321-5B4E6F4C071E.jpeg
    F8ADB9AA-B822-45D2-B321-5B4E6F4C071E.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Are the windows laminated glass? That would surprise me. I assumed they were now dual pane and maybe “dissimilar” panes (a common sound dampening technique).
Laminated is two panes glued together with something, normally plastic, between them. Dual Pane is two panes with air, or a gas, between them.