Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? I thought it said July for some Plaid configs now
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 2.31.29 PM.png

In the right configuration, you can get it June! Maybe. Most definitely not. But maybe.

For reference, that is a black/black/21s no FSD.

So I’m pondering switching my order from Plaid to LR… I’m very on the fence but overall it seems the LR is an incredible value. Any thoughts? How do I do the switch if I do it?
You might not be able to at this point. May be place a new order. I do think LR is better value than Plaid at this point especially considering how people on LR forums are raving about the acceleration. It tells me that the difference in Plaid and LR is not as much as we all think. After all LR does have the drag strip mode lol. As always Tesla shitting on customers buying the most expensive variant of their production vehicle.

Damn, my car has been dropped off at my house and I'm stuck at work a few more hours!! o_O
Tell them you have a fever (which you do, for a car) and you need to head home. You won't be much use to them in your state of mind, anyhow!

If it is your first Tesla, I can relate how excited I was when I first got mine. Transformational, in every sense of the word.

Not understanding the "Pay Before You Inspect the Vehicle and Accept Delivery" thing; I'm bringing a Bank Cashier's Check to the delivery...not planning to pay online beforehand...thought that's an option? If so, how does one "receive a VIN, accept delivery"but not pay until after seeing the vehicle, inspecting it and then sign all the PA docs? @omarsultan @Atomadam @bmt00 And @ anyone else who's already taken delivery and not paid upfront for a $100k+ vehicle they haven't seen yet?
I've handed them a personal check every time so far and I intend on doing the same for these next two.

Does anyone know how long prior to delivery the app for the car activates? I am taking delivery in less than 2 hours and App doesn’t show the car yet.
It will not show up until after you take delivery and accept the car, typically within a couple of hours, but, with EoQ everything gets backed up. I had to fully log out of the app and and go back in before the the new car showed up after I took delivery.

Well they have now escalated my car issue to the leadership team (whoever they might be). I just want a firm date and delivery. I am still showing it in my account for 2:01 today. Lol. But the car hasn’t left freemont yet. Could not believe the communication could get any worst than the past 6 months, but Tesla managed to surpass it.

I posted this on LR thread. Does anyone here know who or what the Leadership Team is?
There is a "Leadership Team" on the sales side at Tesla???????