Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I occasionally get loaners with 85s or 60 pre-AP and pre-parking sensors. That's where I learned how amazing yacht floors could be and how little Tesla has modified the IC for those cars (and how quickly you can be abandoned by Tesla but how that might not be a bad thing).

For all the pre-2014 owners, I wish Tesla left the OS at v7. V8 was the best OS GUI for me. v9 was the beginning of the end for the vertical screen....
Yeah, I still think the V8 GUI was the best!

Reactions: croman
So, curious for those who have taken delivery - were there any promises or comments about the things that are not working, including:
1. the Active Noise Cancellation;
2. the tilt screen (Still don't know how it will work unless it also extends it out from the dash);
3. the key cards (reports are they don't work); and
4. SIRIUS XM?
1/ No
2/No
3/think mine work, could be wrong
4/No

but I was happy to get my car so didn’t ask 🤣

so that wasn’t helpful at all was it , sorry

People always complain about lack of bass, in the case of the fresher model S, its the higher end of range as well. B&O is a good audio engineering company but they are what Bose used to be. They spend more on marketing then they do on R & D. There are some smaller lesser known company‘s that blow them away. With regards to pictures, if you‘re looking for idea’s his website shows prior jobs he has done. He is a true artist at what he does, I did a lot of research on this subject. His name is Matt Schaeffer at Musaicdesign.com. I am also going to have him install an Laser/Radar stealth system. Basically decided in my head, because I bought the LR as opposed to the Plaid, I needed to go spend the difference on PPF, Audio and Laser/Radar stuff.
Yup, Matt is exactly who I thought you were alluding to in your initial post. He rocks. My question about the subwoofer has to do with whether I will hunt for a simple swap out while still fitting in the stock enclosure. But I can figure that out later on my own - no biggie.

Yup it’s making me nervous lol
Honestly, I'm waiting for the first Plaid fatality. For when, not if, it happens, there will be far too many discussions about how reckless Tesla is being with this technology. None of that talk will have much merit, but it will be great clicks for all the websites who feed off of it.

Where the hell is @Hayseed_MS ?!!!

I have been out in the garage with it plugged in charging w/AC, watching netflix, and playing with all the settings.

Delivery had issues but the SC pushed it through and it took longer than normal. Tired so not posting much today.

1) Car is amazing
2) LR was right choice for me.
3) Smooth and quiet - will be eerie with the ANC
4) No Sirius yet
5) Turn signal farts made my wife realize how childish I really am
6) Yoke is a nothingburger. Suck it up. It is easy to acclimate and a big non-issue. Did I mention to use it and get used to it.
7) 21's were another non issue. Smooth, quiet and soaked up bumps/holes just fine with suspension on comfort. Will switch to A/S when available,
8) Fit and finish is on par with other $100k vehicles. A couple things for them to fix after EOQ rush
9) SC detailed it before I picker it up and had microfiber on the walk around and wiped off any water drops and also fingerprints from door handles. All up to date. SC did a great job.
10) No phone as key card on S
11) Car is amazing
12) My wall charger has not stopped giggling since I plugged it in. at 70% charge, it is getting 38mi/hr charge
13) AC and ventilated seats work excellent
14) Phone chargers positioned great and work
15) Just a smooth comfy ride
16) Synced with home wifi and downloaded updates to games tonight
17) Removing front plate took 10 minutes and that included breaks to scratch my butt while I worked

I will do more later.

I have been out in the garage with it plugged in charging w/AC, watching netflix, and playing with all the settings.

Delivery had issues but the SC pushed it through and it took longer than normal. Tired so not posting much today.

1) Car is amazing
4) No Sirius yet
6) Yoke is a nothingburger. Suck it up. It is easy to acclimate and a big non-issue. Did I mention to use it and get used to it.
7) 21's were another non issue. Smooth, quiet and soaked up bumps/holes just fine with suspension on comfort. Will switch to A/S when available,
8) Fit and finish is on par with other $100k vehicles. A couple things for them to fix after EOQ rush
9) SC detailed it before I picker it up and had microfiber on the walk around and wiped off any water drops and also fingerprints from door handles. All up to date. SC did a great job.
11) Car is amazing
12) My wall charger has not stopped giggling since I plugged it in. at 70% charge, it is getting 38mi/hr charge
17) Removing front plate took 10 minutes and that included breaks to scratch my butt while I worked

I will do more later.

So, in other words... you should've bought a Tesla 10 years ago?

1) Car is amazing
4) No Sirius yet
11) Car is amazing

I will do more later.
There he is , woof woof!

1) Car is amazing
4) No Sirius yet
11) Car is amazing

I will do more later.
Congratulations! Enjoy it.

1) Car is amazing
4) No Sirius yet
11) Car is amazing

I will do more later.
Thanks for validating that the ventilated seats are working well, as the previous generation of those had mixed reviews. Looking forward to seeing those again (but I still will miss my open sunroof days when I sell my 90D).

1) Car is amazing
4) No Sirius yet
11) Car is amazing

I will do more later.
What he said! other than last part of point 17, too much dog , maybe it was the Korean bbq you had last night. I think my wall charger actually purred after 4 months of loneliness… a green light with a purpose now

1) Car is amazing
4) No Sirius yet
11) Car is amazing

I will do more later.
congratulations and enjoy!