Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are actually (Y) rated, which according to the manual from page 213, means:

Speed rating. When stated, indicates the maximum speed (in mph) at which the tire can be used for extended periods. Q=99 mph (160 km/h), R=106 mph (170 km/h), S=112 mph (180 km/h), T=118 mph (190 km/h), U=124 mph (200 km/h), H=130 mph (210 km/h), V=149 mph (240 km/h), W=168 mph (270 km/h), Y=186 mph (300 km/h), (Y)=vehicle's top speed (exceeds the "Y" rating).
YEs thats what I thought so they are only rated for 186 mph.. So guessing the new wheel and package which will be offered in fall should be able to do 200mph. SO I would definately be getting those.

Also the 19 inch are also Y rated.. I think.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
YEs thats what I thought so they are only rated for 186 mph.. So guessing the new wheel and package which will be offered in fall should be able to do 200mph. SO I would definately be getting those.

Also the 19 inch are also Y rated.. I think.
I think the Arachnids may very well be capable of 200mph also, as MotorTrend mentioned numerous times that these are indeed the wheels, and that the SW update is the only thing keeping the car at 163mph. They also mentioned that these wheels have been validated at 200mph. Additionally, I believe that even The Wall Street Journal said something about the Arachnids being capable of 200. :)

They are actually (Y) rated, which according to the manual from page 213, means:

Speed rating. When stated, indicates the maximum speed (in mph) at which the tire can be used for extended periods. Q=99 mph (160 km/h), R=106 mph (170 km/h), S=112 mph (180 km/h), T=118 mph (190 km/h), U=124 mph (200 km/h), H=130 mph (210 km/h), V=149 mph (240 km/h), W=168 mph (270 km/h), Y=186 mph (300 km/h), (Y)=vehicle's top speed (exceeds the "Y" rating).
So we are good here. What is the big difference between the ZeroG and Arachnids (wrt Plaid)?

So we are good here. What is the big difference between the ZeroG and Arachnids (wrt Plaid)?
The main difference I suppose is that they would be forged, and therefore much lighter. Also, being 20" wheels and being lighter,(although wider), they may actually have slightly better range than the 21s.

I think the Arachnids may very well be capable of 200mph also, as MotorTrend mentioned numerous times that these are indeed the wheels, and that the SW update is the only thing keeping the car at 163mph. They also mentioned that these wheels have been validated at 200mph. Additionally, I believe that even The Wall Street Journal said something about the Arachnids being capable of 200. :)
Yes Did not Realize it was actually (Y) vs Y sorry for the confusion now with that said.. You got me thinking just get the 21inch and may get delivery even sooner lol But dont wanna change anything and get hit by a 10k bump now..

Maybe wait now until fall and see what kind of wheel will they offer then..

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
can't wait to see the price on those ZeroG's......lol
If you will be able to spec them separately from the Track Pack, my guess is $6,500 to $8,500. If not........ well it might be like $15-$20k, with the carbon-ceramic brakes, high-performance brake lines, track mode, suspension tuning, and likely that active wing, with the modified rear glass and tailgate.