Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my model s nonperformance 85 last week. No due items. Car is better than perfect. Never had a car I could say this with before. Too many times we are verbal with issues but its just as important to report experiences like mine too. Thanks tesla to build such a product in first year of build outs is unbelievable.

OK AMP'd - here are some pics. The first is coming off of the truck 2 days ago. Today the wife and I drove up to Devil's Backbone Brewery in Wintergreen, VA for lunch. About an 80 mile round trip.Never would have done a drive like that just for lunch in any other car. Remainder of the pics are in the parking lot of the brewery. Also included is my poor effort at the Tesla "T", complete with Tesla grin!
Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. Added some to the album right here, if that's ok. :)

Just got my delivery today, P66XX in PA, first day of my delivery window, P85 black. The car is great. Got to washers adjusted, but took an whole tank of fluid, very finicky. Bryan, the DS was great. Got the Conti tires, I guess the Michelins are gone :( On the way back at a stoplight I got the window rolldown, " What is that?", "It's a Tesla!", " It's beautiful!", "Thanks!". Took off, and saw him in the rear view mirror, looked like he hadn't started moving yet! Worth the wait.

That's some amazing BLUE you got there Plug!

The car too :)

Thanks! And thanks medved for adding to the album. The delivery was the first time I had seen the blue in person, and I was (am) really pleased. The near black look is only in dark or really low light. I hope it doesn't disappoint anyone that I like to think of this as a quality Duke Blue. I'll be getting the Duke University plates to round it out!

Picked up at Chicago service center yesterday, Vin 6904, Res 5339, 60kwh, SC, Air, Pano, Tech, Stereo, Shelf, Blue/tan/ob matte. Reserved 8/2011, Finalized 11/2012.

By checking in earlier in the week, I moved up delivery by one day. On arrival, I learned the charge chord was stuck and the charge port had to be replaced. Luckily, they had one in stock and I was able to return later. Delivery and orientation was smooth and easy. I met a new P85 owner who needed a new tire due to a puncture wound and gave him a ride home, roughly 25 miles to Northbrook. He repeatedly remarked how quick my 60 felt and that he coukdn't feel the difference between mine and his.

At home, I discovered that the electrician installed a 6-50 outlet instead of the 14-50 I had requested. Its been sitting there since October and until I had the chord in hand, I had no idea. So, I'm charging at 2mi/hr while I wait to see how quickly the outlet can be swapped.

The car is awesome. Beautiful, Comfortable, mind boggling, and WICKED fast.