Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To summarize:
9.2 @ 152+ mph 1/4 mile
0-60: 2.07 s
0-100: 4.3 s

Absolutely giddy. The 0-100 is what my current S does 0-60.

I'm one of the latter group of people, I just don't think I'll take advantage of the extra stuff and would rather keep the $50k in my bank account :)

With the price increases to the Plaid (10k) and now the LR (5k). That bankable difference is now 35k for me. I’m all in on the Plaid!

Wai

Wait, I have been worried about this too. No front camera or top view. What is this magic you speak of? Is there a parking mode that tells you when to stop?
So you have the front end bumper sensors that tell you visually (orange and red lines) and with numerical values how "close" you are to the object in front of you.

The only thing I think others might be referring to is taking the splitter on an incline and scrapping the bottom of it? Although I am not sure how a camera or other solution would solve that. The air suspension (and geo-saving the suspension and location) sounds like a better solution.

As always, greatly appreciate it! Enjoy your weekend yourself.
Thanks! I'm meeting up with @omarsultan tomorrow to test out the yoke - thanks again Omar :)

#1 and #2 especially are great to hear - thanks
Indeed! And most welcome.

This is wonderful, as it gives hope for an end-July delivery possibly for me, but almost definitely in August. Woohoo!
I was also told to expect good news for late-July.

This is great news as I’ve been assuming my CF build would slip from the quoted July to September at least. Fingers crossed.
Crossing my fingers as well - keep us posted on getting your VIN.

Wai

Wait, I have been worried about this too. No front camera or top view. What is this magic you speak of? Is there a parking mode that tells you when to stop?
You'll get a distance readout in the IC. It is useful most times but will not pick up low object like parking stops. BTW, wiht the original air suspension, the advice about raising the car was a no-no. Once the car was off, the air suspension would settle and many an owner found themselves scraping their nose as the pulled back out of a spot. I am not sure if the new suspension maintains height when the car is off.
IMG_1083.jpeg
IMG_1085.jpeg

Wutt, there is no front camera ? I'm confused
I think people are asking for a front camera view on the screen. Which I guess was a mod back in 2015 / 2016 that people did. There are forward facing cameras (three in fact), but none of them are you able to bring up on the display while driving, like you can the rear camera, to help with forward parking..

He has an insanely short fuse and a huge chip on his shoulder tibook. I put him on ignore after about the 5th time he flipped out over something I said that went against his preferences/values/opinions. I'm used to people like him, but usually they are in their young 20's and drunk at a bar.
I've never used the ignore feature on any forum - I don't want to be a snowflake and be willing to accept others who I disagree with, but this is obnoxious. Maybe I'll try it out in this case.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My 2016 MS raises high enough to clear parking blocks on 'very high', and has never settled down while parked. I do know the software update warns it can cause that. Unfortunately 'very high' on the 2021 still is too low for a lot of parking blocks so I've been very conservative, trying the passenger mirror bottom alignment trick with mixed success, and often pull up the rear camera to just make sure I'm far enough into the spot and call it good.

You'll get a distance readout in the IC. It is useful most times but will not pick up low object like parking stops. BTW, wiht the original air suspension, the advice about raising the car was a no-no. Once the car was off, the air suspension would settle and many an owner found themselves scraping their nose as the pulled back out of a spot. I am not sure if the new suspension maintains height when the car is off.
Cool, but not great if it does not see parking blocks. My RS7 had a front view with a line which was nice. 6 years and not a single scrape on the carbon fiber lip spoiler. Saved me numerous times.

1625856571996.png

Good to hear from another former GTR owner. Had a tone of fun with that car. Sounds like this one will be just as fun. Might miss the sound and shifting but time for a change. Wish they had done more rework of the exterior and gave up waiting for the roadster.
You won’t miss the GT-R, lol. You’ll soon forget about the loud drone rattling your brain and the harsh bumpy ride. You’ll soon be all-in with the silky smooth ride with 1,020HP/1,050 ft/lb TQ (instantaneous at any speed btw). The GT-R will feel like a dinosaur compared with the Tesla MS Plaid and you’ll enjoy all the technology and 1-pedal driving! Here’s to hoping we all get our MS Plaids soon. Cheers!!! 🙏🏻👍🏻😎

Happy Friday everyone!

Ok I have finally have updates from my contact at Tesla, post-production planning meeting yesterday. Here's the deal:

1. Carbon fiber trim is no longer in supply issue - woohoo!!

2. 19" wheels with dark caps have finally entered production - woohoo! though caution here, it's still very low volumes, will be ramping through the quarter

3. Red paint is still low percentage of output, so I'm thinking I may go for white should a white Plaid pop up with CF and 19" wheels, then I'll just wrap it with an unusual color (this would be my 3rd red Tesla..)

4. As always, the estimated months really don't mean much until you get a VIN assigned

That's all for now folks. Have a great weekend!
Yes! You were the one to mention the “production planning” meeting. My local SC Mgr just emailed me saying my car was now in “production planning” so do you and/or your inside Tesla source know approx how long from “production planning” to actual production/VIN assignment? 🤔🙏🏻 After that, I know I’m looking at approx 2-3 weeks for actual delivery. But my account is still blank ans I don’t have a VIN yet (but I’m on some sort of priority list). Thank you!