Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the off topic thing, but is there even a topic anymore? :)

I've been sharing logs and helping test updates to various Tesla apps for mobile devices and things are looking very good. Tes*Lax in particular has a Plaid (and refresh S) profile that is coming along really well. Pending accuracy validation and whatnot, they're even testing a drag timer function! Also, I only recently discovered CANserver CANserver - but it is a solid device, and the devs are friendly + quick to add features. Highly recommend CANserver over every cheap Amazon OBDII bluetooth/wifi thing. (i get nothing for recommending these products, i just seriously like them)

That said, I want to give folks a heads up that this stuff is great (and imo worth doing), but right now you have to DIY your own cable to do this. I shared some info here Diagnostic Port Index, but I want to encourage folks who want this to be easier to reach out to Maxwell Automotive Technologies and express interest in a cable that works with the new cars.

Their existing S/X cables have the proper connectors, but the wiring puts the bus with the data you want on the wrong obd-ii pins for most common devices, so you should not purchase these cables unless you know what you're doing with modification! There is info in the above thread on which pins you want to get at the data.

I'll avoid posting more about this on the delivery thread, but since you're all waiting, please go email maxwellautotech.com and ask for a refresh-compatible cable!
Thanks for posting about this. I just submitted my request here:

My reason for 19s: ride comfort and 42 miles of range. And yes, I need both.
Hope the wheels are not as ugly in person as they are on the screen.
I'll add to your reasons that living in Northern California and being a skier I want a car I can drive in to Tahoe for skiing. All the cars I've owned for the past 18 years have been all wheel drive. I'm not someone that would change wheels and will (probably) never go to the track.

The MS in general is such a versatile car it's really amazing. The same car with only a minor difference in options (Plaid v LR) goes from a pedestrian commuter car that you can drive in the snow to the quickest production car on the planet. So obviously we're buying it for a wide variety of reasons. Some are going from a Leaf or Prius and some are going from a McLaren or Ferrari and we're all ending up with the MS. Amazing car from an amazing company!

As a member of the December Long Range Orders Crew, one may think that I've spent the last 8 months thinking about a name for my Tesla. Alas... I haven't put much thought into this. Living the continued state of optimism that I endure for some reason, I am hopeful that before August 15th I will be sitting in my Long Range at a charging station doing what I'm meant to in the car: Playing the Witcher 3. All that said, what's everyone naming their cars? I can't seem to land on anything I absolutely LOVE and I'm sure one of you is far more creative than I!
Funny you should mention Witcher 3, I name all my Teslas Roach.

As a member of the December Long Range Orders Crew, one may think that I've spent the last 8 months thinking about a name for my Tesla. Alas... I haven't put much thought into this. Living the continued state of optimism that I endure for some reason, I am hopeful that before August 15th I will be sitting in my Long Range at a charging station doing what I'm meant to in the car: Playing the Witcher 3. All that said, what's everyone naming their cars? I can't seem to land on anything I absolutely LOVE and I'm sure one of you is far more creative than I!
We're naming ours "Asta" after the fox terrier in The Thin Man movies.

I had to "poke" at my local contact about my order. His response was priceless. "I am hopeful that your order will be fulfilled in advance of or on the front end of that time frame".

HOPEFUL....YOU THINK!!!!!!!! 🤦‍♂️

...and then the "If I do see them start popping up locally, I will let you know". Well if you do it would be mine with a 1/1/21 order buddy. SMH

View attachment 686635
So because I had nothing better to do, I decided to physically set foot in the new Tesla "dealership" (don't think that word applies much any more), at the North Shore Mall near Boston, for the first time. That's where I'll be taking delivery (insert preferred delay-related joke of choice here). I figured it was time to actually meet my SA and begin asserting myself (and yes, I know that has something in common with assuming).

Anyway, my actual SA was not in yesterday but another guy sat down with me and looked up my account, and told me nothing of any value to anyone here, but at least nothing in the least bit offensive either. The gist was "We have no idea what's going on." So kudos for honesty...

NDD.

Last edited:
I'd like to say it was the profit monster, but I doubt it. I truly think there was a problem - and a lot more than just a color - that caused (is causing) the 19" delays. Purely speculating, but I know the EOQ push was a real thing.
It appears that the 19" rims have gone from a silver to a dark color and the tires appear to be wider based on what I am reading. It could indicate that the originals as mentioned were not meeting the specs otherwise why would they originally show the refresh a few months ago with silver color and now darker color and wider.....

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It appears that the 19" rims have gone from a silver to a dark color and the tires appear to be wider based on what I am reading. It could indicate that the originals as mentioned were not meeting the specs otherwise why would they originally show the refresh a few months ago with silver color and now darker color and wider.....
How wide are the new 19s? The previous silver 19s on the refresh (pre-dark) were 255s in the front, and 285s out back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew-MS
How wide are the new 19s? The previous silver 19s were 255/45/R19s in the front, and 285/40/R19s out back.
EE963A14-87CE-4C71-9A1A-BAF6A66D9329.jpeg

done : SPARKY

In terms of acceleration to the 1/4mile

List of fast cars the LR should beat:
C6 Zr1
C7 Zr1
Ferrari 458
Porsche 991 GT3/GT3RS/turbo
Nissan GTR
Dodge/SRT Viper
McLaren F1

List of cars the Plaid should beat:
Every production car ever made
Every production sport bike ever made
Even a Formula 1

The LR isn't slow. The Plaid is just the quickest production car ever.
Based on the impressive 1/4 mile trap speed of the LR, it's obvious Tesla is electronically limiting the launch or maybe 0-30mph of the LR. That being said, I have a feeling the LR is even faster than a Model S Performance from 30-100 + 50-120 etc. LR is probably faster at any speed except from 0mph.