Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, the Plaid has perforated bolsters and the LR doesn’t. Does the ventilation come through the bolsters?

100%. Car is flat-out madness. You're like, wow it accelerates from 0-70 really quickly, it's probably going to taper off the poweroohhhhh no it's not omg it's going 100mph and still accelerating like a maniac omgomgomg!

Seriously, it's insanity. I can't wait for all you guys to experience this. It's worth the wait, and Tesla's less-than-perfect-but-still-very-good build quality.
Anyone know if the Plaid can accommodate 18 inch rims on the back and front?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well just got the email to complete my payment and checked my account and of course I got a VIN for the Plaid I ordered in July with Black interior. So now the decision to pay the extra $10k and pick up this one. I’m debating on just buying this one and selling it when the white interior becomes available. I can just take out an equity loan to pay cash for this one. I would think I would be able to receive MSRP for it in a month or two with less than 1,000 miles. I don’t drive much really. Hmmmm. What to do..
First world woes 😗

There are so many up there...

Easy of driving and instant torque. Have driven through the smokies for days over the last two weeks. Loved just how quick and effortless it does these mountain roads. And the yoke has been flawless. At 6200 miles as of today.

Been on many crappy roads and the 21's have been perfect. The ride gained far outweighs any firm ride. The mountain roads have brought that out.

Have not pumped gas since last week of June.
How does it corner? I recall the old S was pretty boat-like.

Seriously, it's insanity. I can't wait for all you guys to experience this. It's worth the wait, and Tesla's less-than-perfect-but-still-very-good build quality.
This Exactly!
The previous cars would taper off around 50 mph. The extra kick in the rear that feels unnatural seems to be tied to the car continuing to pull to 80 mph as it climbs the traction curve to 1020 hp. I think that portion of the car's performance is the most exciting/enjoyable for me. It makes me giggle every time :)

Tried calling my SA, got routed to a call center. That’s fine. It’s what I wanted. Posting this late so it can get lost. This might anger some people as it comes off as a little aggressive, but rest assured I was polite and so were they. I don’t have a problem with these people, it’s the people above them…

Anyways, enjoy.

Theresa: Hi this is Theresa, thank you for calling Tesla, how can I help?

Me: Hi, I’d like to speak to your manager please.

Theresa: What’s going on? Maybe I can help out.

Me: It’s almost a guarantee that you cannot and most likely your manager will not either.

Theresa: Ok please hold.

Music plays and 3 minutes later…

Jordon: Hi, this is Jordon and I’m a manager here at Tesla, what’s going on? What can I help with?

Me: I’d like to speak to your manager.

Jordon: (sighs) Why don’t you tell me what’s going on and I can see if I can help.

Me: I can tell you right now, that you are going to give me a boiler plate answer and it will be of no help to me. I’ll hang up the phone feeling defeated, I’ll confuse that with satisfaction and call again next week having to re-explain all of this. So, cutting my time short, I’m asking for your manager.

Me talking to the camera: I know once I mention the Model S, they’ll shut down and I won’t get any higher.

Jordon: Please hold. This might be a while.

Me: I’ve got time.

Anthony: Hi, this is Anthony with Tesla. I heard you’re having a problem. Can you explain to me what’s going on?

Me: Are you in the same department as Jordon?

Anthony: Well I deal with more big picture items so you can tell me what’s happening and I can help. I see you have multiple cars attached to your account, which one are you calling in about?

Me: The Tesla. Listen, I’ve been trying to get a resolution done over the last few months and just trying to get solid communication about my Model S order.

Anthony: Oh. Yeah, no. I don’t have any visibility into that and can’t provide you a timeline of when you can expect this car.

Me: Ok great. Let’s get to someone who can.

Anthony: There’s no one above me so the line stops here.

Me: Is your name Elon Musk?

Anthony: No

Me: So there is someone above you.

Anthony: I’m sorry but I can’t transfer you to anyone else.

Me: Can’t or won’t. Big difference…

Anthony: Anyone who I transfer you to is going to tell you the same thing.

Me: Listen. I’m not trying to be difficult. I’m really just trying to get information on a car I ordered 8 months ago.

Anthony: I can have your local sales…

Me: (chuckles) no. Please no.

Anthony: There really isn’t any more I can give you.

Me: (uncomfortable silence)

Anthony: Are you there?

Me: Yeah

Anthony: How do you want to proceed

Me: Sounds like we can’t. So I’ll just need to take what you’re telling me and eat it.

Anthony: Thank you for calling in. Have a great day.
I've mentioned this before but Tesla has developed a whole process for shielding decision makers from customers. There are terms I've heard used by multiple people while trying to navigate the maze you just traversed. "Customer Facing" is a big one. There are people that are allowed to talk to customers and then there are people that manage the company and it seems as though the very bright and capable people at Tesla have put time and effort into keeping customer's and their silly problems from distracting management from the mission.

It's a conscious decision. I'm older and slow to learn but I've been spending a lot of time lately learning to live with things I strongly disagree with. This is one of those situations. However, that will not stop me from using clear eyed vision to correctly see what is happening.

Anyone know if the Plaid can accommodate 18 inch rims on the back and front?
From what I have seen of the brake caliper clearance I would say easily.
Here is a test fit of my previous car's 20" rims. There is a ton of room between the caliper OD and the rim ID along with distance to the disk face. More than an inch for sure.
20s on Plaid.JPG

I think it's safe to say that there will be 19" deliveries sometime this month or next. I think originally though, like @IamGaryGnu speculated, there was an issue with these wheels.
I'll report if[when] it happens, but as of last night[8.4.21] I now have a VIN, MVPA, request for payment, and an Aug 16-22 delivery date estimate, all at once!

My SA is adding my code to my order. 🙌
I tried to do that and my SA said I couldn’t. Of course, my SA has been ignoring me for a week now, and my trade-in has been in evaluation stage for weeks after the original one expired, so maybe I have simply displeased Elon for having impure thoughts about the time remaining / elapsed for Bluetooth sources.

Your order has 19’s? When did you order?
Yes, 19s (see signature info). I ordered a Plaid+ right after it was available last year. Then in May of this year I got a call from a 'loyalty advisor' at Tesla telling me that if I wanted to convert it to a Plaid order I'd have priority and would likely get one in June. I did this around May 22. The way it was done cancelled my original order, and I ended up with a RN in the 1150 range rather than the earlier one. He said that a note about my earlier one was placed in the file, and I'd keep the 8k FSD price I had. I happened to order MSM 19" Cream with wood, so I got part of the lottery right(no white or CF), but missed part of it (the 19s). No delivery date estimate or vin until just now. I've had some interactions via email with the loyalty advisor, and he has been saying I should still have the original RN priority, but that the 19s have been the delay. I'd feel better about this narrative being of some use if I had the car, but until I do, take it as a work in progress.

Will delete if not allowed, but if anyones interested in trading codes so we get 2k miles each i'd be open to that, (DM and we can trade!)

Last time I used my Dads code for my Y, but this time i want 2k miles since I burned through those 1k real quick (sorry Dad!)
I started putting my code in my signature. If you want to use it cool, if not no biggie. I tested the add with the first guy that posted. So I could not reciprocate.

Tried calling my SA, got routed to a call center. That’s fine. It’s what I wanted. Posting this late so it can get lost. This might anger some people as it comes off as a little aggressive, but rest assured I was polite and so were they. I don’t have a problem with these people, it’s the people above them…

Anyways, enjoy.

Theresa: Hi this is Theresa, thank you for calling Tesla, how can I help?

Me: Hi, I’d like to speak to your manager please.

Theresa: What’s going on? Maybe I can help out.

Me: It’s almost a guarantee that you cannot and most likely your manager will not either.

Theresa: Ok please hold.

Music plays and 3 minutes later…

Jordon: Hi, this is Jordon and I’m a manager here at Tesla, what’s going on? What can I help with?

Me: I’d like to speak to your manager.

Jordon: (sighs) Why don’t you tell me what’s going on and I can see if I can help.

Me: I can tell you right now, that you are going to give me a boiler plate answer and it will be of no help to me. I’ll hang up the phone feeling defeated, I’ll confuse that with satisfaction and call again next week having to re-explain all of this. So, cutting my time short, I’m asking for your manager.

Me talking to the camera: I know once I mention the Model S, they’ll shut down and I won’t get any higher.

Jordon: Please hold. This might be a while.

Me: I’ve got time.

Anthony: Hi, this is Anthony with Tesla. I heard you’re having a problem. Can you explain to me what’s going on?

Me: Are you in the same department as Jordon?

Anthony: Well I deal with more big picture items so you can tell me what’s happening and I can help. I see you have multiple cars attached to your account, which one are you calling in about?

Me: The Tesla. Listen, I’ve been trying to get a resolution done over the last few months and just trying to get solid communication about my Model S order.

Anthony: Oh. Yeah, no. I don’t have any visibility into that and can’t provide you a timeline of when you can expect this car.

Me: Ok great. Let’s get to someone who can.

Anthony: There’s no one above me so the line stops here.

Me: Is your name Elon Musk?

Anthony: No

Me: So there is someone above you.

Anthony: I’m sorry but I can’t transfer you to anyone else.

Me: Can’t or won’t. Big difference…

Anthony: Anyone who I transfer you to is going to tell you the same thing.

Me: Listen. I’m not trying to be difficult. I’m really just trying to get information on a car I ordered 8 months ago.

Anthony: I can have your local sales…

Me: (chuckles) no. Please no.

Anthony: There really isn’t any more I can give you.

Me: (uncomfortable silence)

Anthony: Are you there?

Me: Yeah

Anthony: How do you want to proceed

Me: Sounds like we can’t. So I’ll just need to take what you’re telling me and eat it.

Anthony: Thank you for calling in. Have a great day.
Thank you for sharing this. Must not have been fun to do but at least it alleviates anyone else’s urge to call a SA. I got halfway through this yesterday before I gave up; good to know there’s no pot of gold (or Tesla) at the end of the rainbow.

How does it corner? I recall the old S was pretty boat-like.

Keep in mind my perspective - I am not a track driver and do not expect or push this car to be that car. Also, it is an LR so it is not tuned same as the Plaid.

With that being said, it corners great - especially for a 4500lb door door hatchback.

The 21's lower profile helps out considerably and the tires themselves do their part remarkably.

There were no issues pushing it at speed through winding roads in the six Smoky States that I drove through.