Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is cheap, I'm 54, house, property, and 7 vehicles insured with company. So $954/year sounds great on this car.
Nice! I'll have 2 vehicles and a house insured with Progressive.

They didn't recognize the VIN and I had to speak to someone on Live Chat to manually enter the details, so maybe there was a glitch of some sort

Finger's crossed ... So were you told to make payment today ? I'd like to go over the car in person and then pay but I don't think that's possible.
The email and the account page just says, 'pay you balance before delivery'. I think I got a similar thing a couple years ago but didn't pay until I went to pick up the car, and did a bank transfer on the spot. that is what I am going to do unless I am told something differently by the loyalty advisor or an SA (even then I may push back a bit and say I'll do it when I arrive). I think that they push like this to make sure someone with a loan has it ready to fund, etc., and if you really do have the cash ready to go, they don't care. Just don't want a hold up at the delivery time. I could be wrong!

Nice! I'll have 2 vehicles and a house insured with Progressive.

They didn't recognize the VIN and I had to speak to someone on Live Chat to manually enter the details, so maybe there was a glitch of some sort

I had the same problem with Progressive this morning - the VIN pulled up nothing. Is your car called "Tesla S" in your policy details now? I lol'ed, but it's in there.

Holy shiteee. That's insane .. Statefarm has been abusing me lol. Time to make a change

Yep, they wrecked my wallet for years until I moved away. I'm saving a veritable fortune with Progressive.

I had the same problem with Progressive this morning - the VIN pulled up nothing. Is your car called "Tesla S" in your policy details now? I lol'ed, but it's in there.

Yep, they wrecked my wallet for years until I moved away. I'm saving a veritable fortune with Progressive.
I didn't add it onto my policy since I dont have a VIN yet, I just used a random plaid VIN to get a quote. It'll be labeled as Tesla S though 🤣

And no batteries yet for the CT, which supposed to start deliveries later this year…. I wonder if those, like me, that placed a CT order at announcement will see what those here are seeing when they placed Plaid orders at announcement (hint, BOHICA).
me too. I placed the order literally minutes after the announcement and am not looking forward to be treated like garbage again. Welp, who am I kidding, by then I'll probably be used to it and might even like it 😂

Talked to a human at Tesla about my weeks-old trade-in hold. He said he believes they’re just holding on those so they don’t expire after 30 days again; that is, they release the quote when a VIN is assigned or something. Right. So, in my case, he said the inspection was completed, so he would push it through so I could see the price “within a day” or so.

For those that have done ppf on an S recently... I'm planning on the full front and lower side package. Any idea on a fair price? I'm getting 2200-2500 quotes. Higher than I've seen for other cars including 3

Quotes I got in Orange County area ranged from $1495 to $2195 for full front, did not ask about lower side. Ended up just doing whole car.

So I'm trying to update my insurance with Progressive - and the VIN can't be found. Any recent delivery takers had the same problem? A bit scary...

Tried to add car to State Farm 2 days after delivery and they could not find VIN, they said insurance is covered for first 5 days after switching cars. Called back a few days later and they were able to find the VIN, but shows as "2021 Telsa Model S Performance".

I would request to see that specious 100 mile limitation on writing...

Tesla is usually pretty good about fixing defects that were there from delivery under warranty, and doesn't give you a hard time about it.

Has anyone who had a totally blank date gotten a VIN without first getting an EDD, or does having an EDD always precede getting a VIN? I'm a pre-refresh order, with the trifecta of CF/White interior/19s but Tesla told me 3+ weeks ago that my car would be built in 3-4 weeks and I still have no EDD. Just wondering if I'll see an EDD before I see a VIN, or whether that's not necessarily the case.
Nope! It seems like a date range is a trend. There are people who randomly received a VIN but they're few and far between. Mostly a date range is a good sign

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have a question for the forum folks. If I buy an orphan MS that was refused, do I pay the current higher price? If so, do they print out a new window sticker? It would be nicer to pay the price when whenever the car was produced.

A SA told me that I’d have to pay the current price.

My orders both have blank delivery dates.

If the configuration matches what you ordered, they should honor the original price, since they are just matching you to a car they have. My window sticker showed the $129,990 price, but I paid the pre-increase price of $119,990 (and that is what shows up on the MVPA. Now if it is a different configuration, then I suspect they will say that you changed your configuration, which updates to the new price.

I have a question for the forum folks. If I buy an orphan MS that was refused, do I pay the current higher price? If so, do they print out a new window sticker? It would be nicer to pay the price when whenever the car was produced.

A SA told me that I’d have to pay the current price.

My orders both have blank delivery dates.
Wouldn't they match the orphan MS to one of your existing orders at those price points? @Mandarin might be able to shed some light on this.

Maybe someone has posted this, but I just met with my SA and asked about the four MS sitting in the back lot for the last week. He said there was a hold on them. That information we already knew (that Tesla was putting holds on cars).
What I didn’t know is WHY they are putting holds on cars. Turns out there are airbag issues and seat issues. He didn’t seem to know the extent of the problem. But it appears to be pretty wide spread.

Rumor is that it's because the car hasn't been crash-tested without the front plate, so they're legally prohibited from removing it. Contrast that with the 3, which was crash-tested without hte front plate and it is regularly delivered without the front plate holde
They won’t remove it in California because state law requires it.
Any local body shop will remove it for you if you're not comfortable doing it yourself

In the CHARACTERISTICS
Specifications shown in US values

Plaid's stated top speed requires appropriate wheels and tires which will be available in the fall of 2021.
- Any relation to the delivery of the 19"?

- At this time, the 21" tires currently fitted have a load rating ( 102 ) and speed rating ( Y )
(Y) does not allow for speeds above 300 km/h (186.411 mph).