Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When was that picture taken ? I ask that question because apparently the 'Elect' tires for the refresh were just released which may have been the cause for the 19" delays. If that pic isn't recent, the PZ4 were probably installed on the 19s since the Elect for Tesla weren't out.. I can't say I'm 100% certain, but 90% the tires that come on the 19s will be the P Zero Elect. Is it possible, some parts of the country will receive the 19s with PZero Pz4 ? Sure, it's possible but I'm sticking with the refresh 19s will not come with PZ4s.
I guess we’ll know for sure when more 19s are delivered. I’d prefer to get mine on PZ4 than Elect.

So your test may be true in your situation, but the point is why force people with white interiors to wait 8 months or pay $10k? White interior means February at earliest, any other interior means could have had the car weeks ago. Tesla should have reached out to configurations that are "delayed" and give option to change colors into a nearly matching car without losing $10k.

There is definitely some gamesmanship going on here, it's not malicious because business is business. But it's still not really fair to early reservation holders.

Because I can make a new reservation today, pay an extra $10k, and have the car in a few weeks. Or save $10k and get it by February 2022 "theoretically".
I also believed there was some intentional behavior on Tesla's part to prioritize higher-priced orders. However, in my config, this did not prove to be the case.

Others are welcome to gamble their $100 to prove or disprove this on their own configs.

There are exactly 60 permutations of the Plaid (5 paint colors * 2 wheel sizes * 3 interior colors * 2 trim options) and 30 permutations of the LR (same except no trim options) in the US, so unless we get tons of people trying this, we won't know for sure.

Data and statistics are a tricky thing to nail down if you have small sample sizes..

Last edited:
who's paying 10k to get a white interior? have you seen a white interior be delivered outside of the one niche case @hotsoup ? I haven't seen many white interiors, i highly doubt that 10k bump in price is going to get you a white interior any faster. something's up w/ it for sure.

I don't think 10k will get you a white interior, but it MAY get you one faster. :)

10k will allow you to change to a black or cream interior, however, and you WILL get that faster.

Quit making so much sense man.
DAMMMMMNNNNN YOUR NEW PROFILE PIC!:eek::eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops::oops:

08424c9516d777affa3ce7b1a05c4a01.gif

So do these I saw in Seattle. Says both Elect and has PZ4 stamp
That's interesting... I clearly saw the 'Elect' but I never noticed the little pz4. I'm not sure what to make of the pz4. It's throwing me off a bit.
Are they all season ? Are they summer ? Ughh. The Pzero 'Elect' comes in different versions: summer, winter, and all seasons.

This was from the initial press release: Nov 25, 2020

PIRELLI ELECT: THE TYRE THAT INCREASES AUTONOMY, REDUCES ONBOARD NOISE AND MAXIMISES GRIP

PIRELLI’S RANGE OF TYRES FOR ELECTRIC CARS AND PLUG-IN HYBRIDS GROWS: FOR SUMMER AND WINTER

THE FIRST CAR TO USE ELECT-MARKED TYRES IS THE PORSCHE TAYCAN: NOW WITH A DEDICATED P ZERO FOR EVERY SEASON

@omarsultan @Hayseed_MS @HumanInput

Do any of you notice the issue described in that thread? Sounds not so good.

A few posts down, he said Tesla did a sw update the next day and the vibration was gone .

No one is talking about the model year 2121?
Stupid phone!! 2021 refresh. I live in Utah and have Bear River insurance. I don’t think you can get it in another state. But you should definitely look into it if you have a good driving record and live in Utah because it is so much cheaper than anything else!

don't know that he accomplished much? he took it off but has't actually fully replaced the yoke. Am i missing something?
Yeah the harness wasn’t connected, besides the CAN signals probably need to be translated to be compatible. Also, where will the turn signals and gear selection inputs come from?

I think @rhuber has a good chance of getting his setup working, since he’s using the Model 3 wheel AND stalks.