Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the lighter wheels, obviously that helps with acceleration. I asked the Signature guys what the tradeoff is on range with the more open air design vs. the stock 21" rims. I assume you didn't do any before/after tests with the stock rims, yes?
Don't know for sure but I'm guessing it's very minimal. On my Jag I-Pace HSE EV, I had upgraded the wheels to the oem Jag 22" wheels...not exactly 'aerodynamic' although they had cf inserts on them but those were just for the cosmetic looks, no weight reduction as I'm sure they were super heavy wheels and certainly no aerodynamic advantage. Anyhow, the Jag I-Pace got the range as advertised...about 250 mi. max battery range for all city / about 210-230 mi. mix of city/hwy. The wheels made no difference.
sflgator I-Pace.JPG

Last edited:
Took delivery of mf439 today from atlanta DC. Car checked out perfect. Until drive home showed tpms fault. Drove maybe 30 miles more went off. Got home open passenger door. U know the side the wife was checking out. Door glass index’s when open fine but slaps the glass against the black pillar when closing. It needs about a 1/8 movement towards the front. Was hoping i could adjust myself.

Also on 19’s this car will never see the times at the track or street the 21’s are seeing. When u stab the car from a stop or even a roll the tires spin leaving black marks and traction control is struggling to keep the car straight. I come from having many high performace cars (R8, corvettes, vipers, turbo S, McLaren 570) this car’s acceleration is like non other. But traction is a major problem on the 19’s. Calling up them signature boys monday and getting some cup 2’s on this ride asap.
@Lawdogg149 Just curious, did you check the tire pressure at delivery? Could be way over inflated as some are.

@Lawdogg149 Just curious, did you check the tire pressure at delivery? Could be way over inflated as some are.
Yea 41 psi all the way around. Going to wash off the tire shinny sugar they put on the tires try again tomm. Was hoping to hit the 1/8 mile tomm. But with this traction wont be that even 6 sec pass I wanted to see.

Guessed it right! except they are brushed bronze tinted finish.
Nice. Interesting that their tinted finishing looks similar to black depending on the angle and how the light hits them BUT they can also look different depending on the angle as well. I ordered mine in the brushed black triple tinted, so perhaps they'll be a bit darker then. They look phenomenal on your car. Enjoy!!! :cool:

Last edited:
Nice. Interesting that their tinted finishing looks similar to black depending on the angle and how the light hits them BUT they can also look different depednign on the angle as well. I ordered mine in the brushed black triple tinted, so perhaps they'll be a bit darker then. They look phenomenal on your car. Enjoy!!! :cool:
Thank you 😊
You are right. They look drastically different in different light and angles. They are quite an eye candy and i have got a few compliments already and so will you, when you get them!

It's so bad.

His exact txt back to me just now:

"Hi Marcus, If we convert your order to an inventory model we can not do any price adjustments and those models are at the current price book. so the 5k price increase would apply."
Thats odd, on Monday they matched us with a vehicle outside of our spec. Cream interior instead of white. They offered my original 80 K price. Once I drove over to Eatonville saw the car in person i decided to keep my current order.
Moderator note: Moved about 20 posts arguing politics to the Politics Quarantine thread. There might be more coming. Political argument is off-topic for this thread, and in general not allowed on TMC. A few other posts came along as collatoral damage.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation,

Bruce.
thank you!!!

Went to pick up my Plaid. I have to say its a big no and I will be going back to Porsche for now, and it seems like late appearances of the inventory cars are rejects, so if you get the VIN: 5YJSA1E62MF431455, be warned its not pretty:

Big paint chip on the rear fender by the window trim, paint chip on the rear bumper, trim by the drivers mirror sticking out, misaligned drivers rocker panel, as well as misaligned rear bumper. The response from the service center, "they are all like that".

Went to pick up my Plaid. I have to say its a big no and I will be going back to Porsche for now, and it seems like late appearances of the inventory cars are rejects, so if you get the VIN: 5YJSA1E62MF431455, be warned its not pretty:

Big paint chip on the rear fender by the window trim, paint chip on the rear bumper, trim by the drivers mirror sticking out, misaligned drivers rocker panel, as well as misaligned rear bumper. The response from the service center, "they are all like that".
Which service center? Your SA sounds like an idiot. Mine was flawless.

@Kyle [CK] Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations. Hope you find something better at the Porsche dealer.

Not much activity, outside of politics, today….

View attachment 702742

I think model s production is slowing. I drive by my local SC every day and I've seen one plaid in over 10 days now. This is a popular area for Tesla.

Yikes, that's what they said? Tesla needs to up it's SA game. Can't blame you on that. I saw a Taycan up close today. Way overpriced for what it is (like the rest of their cars) but no doubt the FF is 10x better on average

Even if they are ALL like that, the service center should document and send back to HQ. They'll still need to rectify the problems in the long run, so expecting a customer to accept it as is just isn't going to happen.