Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure - $60k, which is pretty good for 7k miles. I’m not selling her to them until I pickup the S though
@Venom FWIW, when I sold my 2021 LR+ I got quotes from everyone. The CarBuyerUSA offer was significantly better than Carvana. I ended up selling to CarBuyerUSA. The process was pretty painless. Except for saying bye to that car of course.

Last edited:
Totally with you. NOT into strapping boosters to cars. It's like NOS: cheating. Really love to see cars as cars. Especially with these revolutionary powertrains!
I would respectfully disagree here. Every major technological leap could be viewed as cheating. Power Steering, traction control, turbos, fuel injectors, Engine Control Units, removing the combustion engine....

We are approaching friction limits. Just like traction control helped overcome some of that limit, propulsion that is not restricted by friction coefficients is the next logical leap.

I would respectfully disagree here. Every major technological leap could be viewed as cheating. Power Steering, traction control, turbos, fuel injectors, Engine Control Units, removing the combustion engine....

We are approaching friction limits. Just like traction control helped overcome some of that limit, propulsion that is not restricted by friction coefficients is the next logical leap.

Thinking a step ahead, then: you're saying humanity should live in deep space, as opposed to living on planets which have bothersome surfaces and atmospheres?

I'm in.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Yeah but this is dangerous. Like people have no idea how brutal this force will be, and even if it can be cutoff, picture this: 0-100 mph will be in the high 2 second range. So some idiot hits the button, and 3 seconds later he's doing exponential speed. Not only that, but what happens if the person hits the brake when these boosters are firing to stop from hitting something? Even if they cutoff immediately after that, it still is wayyy more momentum to stop.
And by cheating, I meant like where it cannot be used frequently. Not only that, but MotorMatchup has a SpaceX Roadster visualizer (https://www.motormatchup.com/simulation?id=67f655965624b0008ba947f), and once the boost is done, the car falls FLAT on its face. The acceleration after is not proportional to the acceleration just prior, so it looks like it's extremely slow. It may do 8.1 second 1/4 mile, but it's a fake 1/4 mile without the trap speed to match. It's not real. This in turns makes the car look like it's trying to be something it is not. Boosters are for rockets, NOT cars please. I personally really like cars that demonstrate their powertrain and technological developments, not relying on some entirely different industry to give them a hand. :)

True but I feel like batteries to rocket propulsion is a huge leap and kinda does feel like cheating. What’s next, nuclear fusion engines?

True but I feel like batteries to rocket propulsion is a huge leap and kinda does feel like cheating. What’s next, nuclear fusion engines?
EXACTLY! It's really dumb IMO, and is something that MUST be SW locked, or I could see some idiot rocket boosting himself into a minivan full of kids, and the boosters getting themselves banned VERY quickly.

Reactions: impastu and Venom
Yeah but this is dangerous. Like people have no idea how brutal this force will be, and even if it can be cutoff, picture this: 0-100 mph will be in the high 2 second range. So some idiot hits the button, and 3 seconds later he's doing exponential speed. Not only that, but what happens if the person hits the brake when these boosters are firing to stop from hitting something? Even if they cutoff immediately after that, it still is wayyy more momentum to stop.
And by cheating, I meant like where it cannot be used frequently. Not only that, but MotorMatchup has a SpaceX Roadster visualizer (https://www.motormatchup.com/simulation?id=607f655965624b0008ba947f), and once the boost is done, the car falls FLAT on its face. The acceleration after is not proportional to the acceleration just prior, so it looks like it's extremely slow. This in turns makes the car look like it's trying to be something it is not. Boosters are for rockets, NOT cars please. I like cars that have non piggybacked speed :)
This argument could be applied to a 2 second family sedan. It could also be applied to why that sedan needs to reach 200MPH. You are also blinded by current limitations and technologies. If a thruster can accelerate you, why can't a forward thruster slow you? I mean, aren't the tires responsible for getting you to 200 MPH also responsible for getting you back to zero currently? You're complaining about getting to 100 in 2 seconds, but celebrating getting to 60 in the same time? That 's a rate of acceleration that would allow me to reach highway speeds before the end of my driveway.

Also, you can't embrace a fully electric vehicle and then say you think some other technological leap would be cheating.