Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried higher loads on the USB-C sockets? Specifically, USB-PD has multiple voltage modes including 12V and 20V, which may be a quick way to get a regulated 12V from the car electronics, assuming it can negotiate it and has the needed DC/DC blocks. Otherwise, I assume a healthy aftermarket of 16->12V DC/DCs will show up (I may just make one myself)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Has anyone tried higher loads on the USB-C sockets? Specifically, USB-PD has multiple voltage modes including 12V and 20V, which may be a quick way to get a regulated 12V from the car electronics, assuming it can negotiate it and has the needed DC/DC blocks. Otherwise, I assume a healthy aftermarket of 16->12V DC/DCs will show up (I may just make one myself)
I successfully charged my 2020 USB-C Macbook Pro 13" while supercharging. I'm not sure how fast per se, but the laptop did take on a charge.

Scroll the categories to the right to get to the Subscription heading.
Tried that but don’t see a category for subscription

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The conversion from prized possession to chattel :). It is nice when you can just drive the stuff and enjoy it.

Gotten used to that 40-80 mph pull yet? I've not. It makes me smile every flippin time.
About 60mph seems to be the plaid's sweet spot for the most impressive pull (besides launch.) The 2 second pull from 60-100mph is so impressive..
In my P100D, the sweet spot was just under 50mph.

About 60mph seems to be the plaid's sweet spot for the most impressive pull (besides launch.) The 2 second pull from 60-100mph is so impressive..
In my P100D, the sweet spot was just under 50mph.
That is my FAVORITE part of Plaid! OMG when I saw that power curve, I was so in love. And I was one of the few that actually noticed the "maintains peak power up to top speed" on the Tesla page in January. I mean it doesn't even make peak till 80 mph, and has a miniscule loss of ~2% at 163, and only ~4% at 200 mph! You won't even feel that at 200. AMAZING!!!!!!

9wtpn44wbk471.jpg

Last edited:
That is my FAVORITE part of Plaid! OMG when I saw that power curve, I was so in love. And I was one of the few that actually noticed the "maintains peak power up to top speed" on the Tesla page in February. I mean it doesn't even make peak till 80 mph, and has a miniscule loss of 4% at 163, and only ~7% at 200 mph! You won't even feel that at 200. AMAZING!!!!!!

9wtpn44wbk471.jpg

Super impressive... Now it makes sense why I feel the strongest pull at about 60mph lol... It looks like 55mph might be the sweet spot..

I reeeeeallly wish we could somehow gofund you a Model S. Your activity and positivity blows my mind considering you're not waiting like the rest of us! Maybe that's how you've remained so positive bahahahahahaha
Nah man you're all good! I love being positive on this thread! And I would be positive if I was waiting too; I would look it as is it comes when it comes, and the later it comes, the better and more dialed in it will be, along with features that are likely not on the current car. :)

The conversion from prized possession to chattel :). It is nice when you can just drive the stuff and enjoy it.

Gotten used to that 40-80 mph pull yet? I've not. It makes me smile every flippin time.
LOL, superbike syndrome is what we used to call it with fast bikes...yeah I'm used to it. Absolutely, 100%, thoroughly and completely respect what the car is capable of though, including the danger it can pose. I'm older now, I don't want to get hurt or hurt anyone. Not that I ever did, but it's very real.

That is my FAVORITE part of Plaid! OMG when I saw that power curve, I was so in love. And I was one of the few that actually noticed the "maintains peak power up to top speed" on the Tesla page in January. I mean it doesn't even make peak till 80 mph, and has a miniscule loss of ~2% at 163, and only ~4% at 200 mph! You won't even feel that at 200. AMAZING!!!!!!

9wtpn44wbk471.jpg
That’s exactly what sold me the car 🐑🤣