Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reeeeeallly wish we could somehow gofund you a Model S. Your activity and positivity blows my mind considering you're not waiting like the rest of us! Maybe that's how you've remained so positive bahahahahahaha

Bots generally have no sense of time but it is still impressive he has waited with us this long. And kept so positive.

Last edited:
A true breakthrough. Now it's continuous power, with no shifting, and really high efficiency, so it puts down nearly the entire motor shaft power output to the wheels. No car has ever used 1,020 hp in this way before.
Some people seem to think there's actually more HP/TQ in the MS Plaid; I mean 1,020 HP / 1,050 ft-lb TQ "to the wheels" on an ICE car would mean like ~ 1,200+ HP/TQ "to the crank" on an ICE car with a transmission. Brooks @ DragTimes couldn't dyno the car and he thinks there's already more power than advertised.

I just had my nephew over an hour ago to measure for the lighter blue wrap. We still have to finalize which brand to use. It seems the color I like best isn't the brand HE likes best LOL. We'll work it out... I do not like the dark blue, sorry! (Well, I "like" it, but I don't "love" it, and I want to LOVE the color...)
Just picked up my Blue Plaid and didn't realize it looks quite dark in person. Was going to ppf, but might look into a wrap instead. I got spoiled by my BMW's San Marino Blue 😍
c3220615-453d-42fe-9205-36d95f91f905.jpg

I successfully charged my 2020 USB-C Macbook Pro 13" while supercharging. I'm not sure how fast per se, but the laptop did take on a charge.
When you next charge it, could you check the wattage?

Apple Menu --> About this Mac --> System Report button --> Power menu at the left -->
AC Charger Information section on the main panel --> Wattage

Posing a question that might have already been asked but, if I were to change my configuration to a black interior from a cream interior, could that have a positive effect on my delivery timeline?

So many black interior Model S long ranges have been delivered but I'm yet to see a cream anywhere. Ordered in December, white/cream/FSD/19s. I'm obviously asking you all because of trust issues with my SA

I can't get over how sexy the refresh S is. It looks incredible just sitting in the parking lot next to my office. The 21's just complete the look and add to the intimidation factor IMHO.
I really regret not getting the 21s initially and then thinking I had time to switch until the price increase hit and made switching to 21s a bit ridiculous. If I want them now, I guess I can buy them and get the Service Center to put them on ($6500? is better than $14,500)

Another OT …is there any harm in leaving the temp control/AC off when in a hot garage, if temp gets above 95? Or should we always keep inside temp below a certain level? I noticed yesterday when I kept it on, I had condensation all over the garage. For that matter, should we keep a max temp when it’s outside? TiA.

Another OT …is there any harm in leaving the temp control/AC off when in a hot garage, if temp gets above 95? Or should we always keep inside temp below a certain level? I noticed yesterday when I kept it on, I had condensation all over the garage. For that matter, should we keep a max temp when it’s outside? TiA.
It should be absolutely fine. Cabin overheat protection if turned on will prevent it from going above 105 degrees if it gets too hot.

I don't use the cabin overheat function, seems like a waste of energy to me. And makes the car charge more slowly. I work in hell, well the Inland Empire anyway, and I often see 140 degrees+ interior temp on my app (as I write this it says 137). I have a hard time believing that Tesla interior components are more sensitive than an ICE's interior components that does not have the interior monitored, and so far have had no issues. I do cool the cabin about 15 minutes before I leave each day.

I don't use the cabin overheat function, seems like a waste of energy to me. And makes the car charge more slowly. I work in hell, well the Inland Empire anyway, and I often see 140 degrees+ interior temp on my app (as I write this it says 137). I have a hard time believing that Tesla interior components are more sensitive than an ICE's interior components that does not have the interior monitored, and so far have had no issues. I do cool the cabin about 15 minutes before I leave each day.
Thanks, @uthatcher and @2021plaid for the great input!

Can outlook calendar on android be synced?
Yes - I have my outlook (work) and google calendar (personal) synced. One caveat is that I sync the work and personal calendars together, so I dunno if it's only reading one of them.

On the app, go to your profile and turn on calendar sync in settings. Make sure the Tesla app has calendar permissions under the main Android settings, too.

Did you ever get those caps and lug covers to see if you wanted to go that route on the arachnids?

Just picked up my Blue Plaid and didn't realize it looks quite dark in person. Was going to ppf, but might look into a wrap instead. I got spoiled by my BMW's San Marino Blue 😍View attachment 709365
That's a nice blue, somewhere in-between Tesla blue and the even lighter blue I prefer.

Reactions: Melteye
That is my FAVORITE part of Plaid! OMG when I saw that power curve, I was so in love. And I was one of the few that actually noticed the "maintains peak power up to top speed" on the Tesla page in January. I mean it doesn't even make peak till 80 mph, and has a miniscule loss of ~2% at 163, and only ~4% at 200 mph! You won't even feel that at 200. AMAZING!!!!!!

9wtpn44wbk471.jpg
Where is the power curve for the LR? I find it odd that they would omit this from the comparisons. I know a lot of you will say it is because the LR is not the performance model. We all agree that the LR pulls harder than the P100D at higher speeds correct? So where is the power curve?

Part of me wonders if this was done to avoid direct comparisons to carbon sleeved vs. non carbon sleeved results for this generation of battery packs and motors.

At any rate, I would love to see where the LR falls in this power curve comparison.