Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...latest monkey tales:
  • For Plaid: EDD 10/7-10/27. For me to replace '17 S75. Gone last Saturday.
  • For MY P: EDD 10/31-11/20. For wife to replace '17 X75D. Will be gone 10/8. New buyer was kind enough to let us hold it for 2 extra weeks.
Might have sold too early...

Booked a rental car from 10/11-11/1 as we will be down to 1 vehicle on 10/8. Wondering what my odds are of getting the Plaid before 11/1. Part of me wants to push out for 2022 VIN/new lights. Part of me says, "idiot, get it now".
Yup it’s super annoying. I sold my P100D back in March which turned out to be 5 months too early.

Beautiful! Two thumbs up from me as well! Do the 315s stick out? Could you post a picture directly down the side?
Here are two unedited pictures. (got my wife's feet in there too) It is just a tiny bit outside of the fender, basically at the bulge. This was the look I was going for, so they nailed it.

Attachments

• 20211001_163711.jpg
    20211001_163711.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20211001_163658.jpg
    20211001_163658.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 78
I would honestly have lot of trouble deciding between white w/ CF or cream w/ CF. The white has a really exotic and happy feel to it, so I'd probably do that, but the cream is super classy, and probably more practical for daily use.
This old man loves his Cream/CF. Of course age is relative as is my theory.

Attachments

• B64A3B01-196D-4C0D-BDF0-8517993A556F.jpeg
    B64A3B01-196D-4C0D-BDF0-8517993A556F.jpeg
    567.6 KB · Views: 67
Nowwwwww I see what you all were talking about. I have had the worst customer experience throughout this whole process. I was ready to move on to Mercedes or Audi or something, any car company with a tiny bit of customer-centric motivation.

I just picked up my Plaid today. Tesla is the most amazing company on the planet! O M G this Sweet-A$$ ride I got myself into! Worth the long wait. Worth the drama. Worth the money. Worth dealing with Tesla.

Anyone trying to decide between a new M3P and a new Plaid. There is no comparison. It’s not even the same league. Tesla needs to do what Toyota did with Lexus. What Nissan did with Infinity. Tesla would sell more S’s if they differentiated them from the 3’s (and I’m guessing more X’s than Y’s). I wasn’t sure it would be worth spending twice the price for the Plaid vs the 3P. Having owned the 3P for two months now, and the Plaid for half a day……it’s worth every penny.

The Tesla website does not do justice to the interior design of the S. It is far more luxurious, albeit with a techy-minimalistic flair, than the website portrays. The CF is so subtle that it’s not daunting and in your face. The screen behind the yoke is HUGE! It looks so tiny on the website. I could go on and on, but you all who have had your delivery already know where I‘m coming from. For those contemplating cancelling their order. Do Not. Please. Wait it out.

I
LOVE
THIS
CAR

And now this... SV104 Gloss Black, 285/35/R20 front and 315/30/R20 rear, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

When I look at the back of the car I feel like she is having sex with my eyes. Need black lugs. Did not realize the grandson photobombed until cropping the picture for sharing. :cool:🤣

Big thanks to Signature!!! F@CK!NG BEAUTIFUL!!!
Beastmode indeed 🔥🔥

Nowwwwww I see what you all were talking about. I have had the worst customer experience throughout this whole process. I was ready to move on to Mercedes or Audi or something, any car company with a tiny bit of customer-centric motivation.

I just picked up my Plaid today. Tesla is the most amazing company on the planet! O M G this Sweet-A$$ ride I got myself into! Worth the long wait. Worth the drama. Worth the money. Worth dealing with Tesla.

Anyone trying to decide between a new M3P and a new Plaid. There is no comparison. It’s not even the same league. Tesla needs to do what Toyota did with Lexus. What Nissan did with Infinity. Tesla would sell more S’s if they differentiated them from the 3’s (and I’m guessing more X’s than Y’s). I wasn’t sure it would be worth spending twice the price for the Plaid vs the 3P. Having owned the 3P for two months now, and the Plaid for half a day……it’s worth every penny.

The Tesla website does not do justice to the interior design of the S. It is far more luxurious, albeit with a techy-minimalistic flair, than the website portrays. The CF is so subtle that it’s not daunting and in your face. The screen behind the yoke is HUGE! It looks so tiny on the website. I could go on and on, but you all who have had your delivery already know where I‘m coming from. For those contemplating cancelling their order. Do Not. Please. Wait it out.

I
LOVE
THIS
CAR
BOOM. ANOTHER ONE! Happens every time. Glad you love the car!!!!!😁😁

And now this... SV104 Gloss Black, 285/35/R20 front and 315/30/R20 rear, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

When I look at the back of the car I feel like she is having sex with my eyes. Need black lugs. Did not realize the grandson photobombed until cropping the picture for sharing. :cool:🤣

Big thanks to Signature!!! F@CK!NG BEAUTIFUL!!!
Cutest driver! And beautiful ride! What else do you want?

It's been a slow news day.

How 'bout them deliveries? Think the actual numbers will blow out the estimates? I gonna guess, 230k for the third quarter..
I'm keeping my guesses for around 220k to be pleasantly surprised. But yes, I expect a beat of expectations as has been this year.
Details should come out tomorrow morning, and Sawyer Merritt (a very reliable news provider in my experience), just tweeted this out:

I think good news may be in order.😄

Reactions: Phlier and impastu