Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three pages in a delivery thread discussing PPF… Geeeezzzzz.
That was my fault lol. I made a thread in the proper forum but it was born without a heartbeat. Folks in this thread are on point, smart and don’t let minor details distract them from the bigger picture.

All in all, this thread covers all the bases. Humor. Insight. Frustration. Impatience.

And toes.

Hi Guys,
I called my SA on 9/29 and told them about my situation and he immediately start searching for a car for me and was able to secure a color matching except the interior color were different. So I took the delivery 9/30 in the night time and everything was great. However this morning while the car is parked in the garage, it send me a message about ABS is disabled. Why would ABS be disabled while the car is parked in the garage? The current date for the earliest schedule is 10/28, what can I do to get my service schedule sooner?

For people who already took delivery of the vehicle, is the trunk creases on two sides normal? (See attached pictures), also the doors requires more force to get it closed and wasn't sure if that's normal?

Sorry for being a newbie as this is my very first Tesla and kind of bumped about the ABS issue already and it's not even 50 miles yet.
I'm cautiously optimistic... Your car only threw that one code. Without getting all techno-nerdy on you with a long explanation, that's actually a good thing.

There is a very good chance that re-booting your car will fix it. Start out with the scroll wheel reboot. If that doesn't clear it, try the "Power Off" menu item.

If that doesn't do it, take the car on a bit of a drive. Like five miles or so. Then do the re-boots again.

I would honestly have lot of trouble deciding between white w/ CF or cream w/ CF. The white has a really exotic and happy feel to it, so I'd probably do that, but the cream is super classy, and probably more practical for daily use.
Friend of mine picked up his MY last week. White/White. I was very disappointed about my order when I sat in his. I justified it with my dog. But still, white/white was pure naked toe on the floor board.

Re ABS try a system reset (press brake while depressing both scroll wheels) and hold all until Tesla logo appears on black main screen. Maybe it will help. This is the Windows equivalent of ctrl + alt + del
You can press the brake or not, it makes no difference on the 2 button scroll wheel reset.

That’s almost 20mm poke! What was your offset and wheel size?
I figure you must be talking about my pants and short bat syndrome.

That would be more than 3/4" of tire sticking out... Uh nah. Here is an unedited picture, as close to straight behind as I could eyeball. It is just outside of flush versus the top of the fender.

Wheel width is 11 inches. I don't have the offset from the top of my head.

Attachments

• 20211002_065000.jpg
    20211002_065000.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 75
Hi Guys,
I called my SA on 9/29 and told them about my situation and he immediately start searching for a car for me and was able to secure a color matching except the interior color were different. So I took the delivery 9/30 in the night time and everything was great. However this morning while the car is parked in the garage, it send me a message about ABS is disabled. Why would ABS be disabled while the car is parked in the garage? The current date for the earliest schedule is 10/28, what can I do to get my service schedule sooner?

For people who already took delivery of the vehicle, is the trunk creases on two sides normal? (See attached pictures), also the doors requires more force to get it closed and wasn't sure if that's normal?

Sorry for being a newbie as this is my very first Tesla and kind of bumped about the ABS issue already and it's not even 50 miles yet.
@NaughtyGarfiel As others have said, a simple reboot may resolve that error code. I'm be more concerned with the creases as that might be an indication of body work.... look closely to see if you can spot any signs of body work - overspray, slight differences in paint color/texture, etc.

@NaughtyGarfiel As others have said, a simple reboot may resolve that error code. I'm be more concerned with the creases as that might be an indication of body work.... look closely to see if you can spot any signs of body work - overspray, slight differences in paint color/texture, etc.
Now I am scared as multiple people have said the crease is not normal and I was worried about body work as well.. Now would I be able to return the vehicle now that's more than 24 hours, but less than 100 miles?

Can you or someone take a photo for the rear trunk so I can compare the welded area? Thanks in advance!
You don’t have to wait for your scheduled appointment if you have a safety concern. Drive up to the service center and they’ll check in your car the same day. They usually start working on it the same day or the next.
That's great to hear, was thinking of taking the car for service.. but I think I am going to find out about my rear trunk crease first and see if I can possibly return the vehicle.
Creases not normal, but a non issue. However the bigger issue I see is the gaps that will allow water through in heavy rain.
I am afraid some type of bodywork, however the crease are on both sides.. If it's bodywork then it might mean something big has happened that both sides are creased.

Now my concern is, am I able to return the vehicle if it's less than 100 miles and more than 24 hours.

Three pages in a delivery thread discussing PPF… Geeeezzzzz.
One more question about PPF—did someone already post photos of their freshly applied replacement PPF product on the rear door/wheel after mileage? This is my car at 1500 miles and recently detailed. Honestly, for me, the sandblasted/rock chipped OEM PPF looks crappier than the chips on the paint. Is it just because it’s black and shows up more? Btw the highest rock chip is about 8” from my door handle. Need mudflaps.

Attachments

• C39689DF-4FC6-496F-90F8-7FDC4A2BA8D2.jpeg
    C39689DF-4FC6-496F-90F8-7FDC4A2BA8D2.jpeg
    632.4 KB · Views: 64
One more question about PPF—did someone already post photos of their freshly applied replacement PPF product on the rear door/wheel after mileage? This is my car at 1500 miles and recently detailed. Honestly, for me, the sandblasted/rock chipped OEM PPF looks crappier than the chips on the paint. Is it just because it’s black and shows up more? Btw the highest rock chip is about 8” from my door handle. Need mudflaps.
Are your tires flush or is there a poke? I couldn’t see properly in the second pic!

Now I am scared as multiple people have said the crease is not normal and I was worried about body work as well.. Now would I be able to return the vehicle now that's more than 24 hours, but less than 100 miles?

Can you or someone take a photo for the rear trunk so I can compare the welded area? Thanks in advance!

That's great to hear, was thinking of taking the car for service.. but I think I am going to find out about my rear trunk crease first and see if I can possibly return the vehicle.

I am afraid some type of bodywork, however the crease are on both sides.. If it's bodywork then it might mean something big has happened that both sides are creased.

Now my concern is, am I able to return the vehicle if it's less than 100 miles and more than 24 hours.
24 hours/100 miles has nothing to do with returning the car. That’s just a internal guideline for reporting defects at delivery. There is no return for the car less there was some type of fraud or undisclosed major damage.

I can't tell if it has been worked on, because Tesla's work all looked like someone worked on before. 😅 I took more pics this morning on the crease and also it does have a blob of paint at the very end of the panel.

Attachments

• 20211002_082237.jpg
    20211002_082237.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20211002_082210.jpg
    20211002_082210.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20211002_082140.jpg
    20211002_082140.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 55