Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm keeping my guesses for around 220k to be pleasantly surprised. But yes, I expect a beat of expectations as has been this year.
Details should come out tomorrow morning, and Sawyer Merritt (a very reliable news provider), just tweeted this out:

I think good news may be in order.

Stock wise, today looked like profit taking, sell on the news...

Looking forward...

XPel finished today.
Plaid badge.jpg

True, but thermodynamics and Florida sun...

ON ANOTHER NOTE,

I've decided to go with PPF on the car. I will not drop 8500k on it. I'd rather paint it in 4 years if need be. Does anybody have a good shop in Central Florida that costs less than an entire paint job?
I have found that asking for a cash price saves a significant amount of money. If that is an option for you I highly recommend it.

I called my wrap installer and questioned about Tracwrap, automotive tape, etc.

For anybody doing what I'm doing by protecting the wheel arches, be sure to slowly and carefully remove Tracwrap or anything else you stick onto your car. Otherwise you risk pulling the clearcoat off. Don't rip it off like a bandaid. And don't leave it on more than a week especially if it's out in the sun. Right now I'm reapplying the stuff every 5 days until my appointment later this month.

I'm also really wishing I went all the way down with my Tracwrap. I stopped at the rocker panels and they're also getting obliterated. I can't believe the damage in just 400 miles. I'm the type to not care and I'm alarmed.
You already know we use the same shop but I'm posting this for the group. Gabe worked on my rocker panels this week and declared them too far gone for PPF. They now need to be re-painted.

I strongly recommend to all - protect your rocker panels asap.

Hi Guys,
I called my SA on 9/29 and told them about my situation and he immediately start searching for a car for me and was able to secure a color matching except the interior color were different. So I took the delivery 9/30 in the night time and everything was great. However this morning while the car is parked in the garage, it send me a message about ABS is disabled. Why would ABS be disabled while the car is parked in the garage? The current date for the earliest schedule is 10/28, what can I do to get my service schedule sooner?

For people who already took delivery of the vehicle, is the trunk creases on two sides normal? (See attached pictures), also the doors requires more force to get it closed and wasn't sure if that's normal?

Sorry for being a newbie as this is my very first Tesla and kind of bumped about the ABS issue already and it's not even 50 miles yet.

Attachments

• 20211001_230343.jpg
    20211001_230343.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20211001_212917.jpg
    20211001_212917.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20211001_230259.jpg
    20211001_230259.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 75
Here are two unedited pictures. (got my wife's feet in there too) It is just a tiny bit outside of the fender, basically at the bulge. This was the look I was going for, so they nailed it.
Those wheels are eye candy. What motivated you to go with the larger rubber? Definitely going to want PPF to protect that beauty.

ps. The room prefers that photos bombs of women’s toes be sans socks

Hi Guys,
I called my SA on 9/29 and told them about my situation and he immediately start searching for a car for me and was able to secure a color matching except the interior color were different. So I took the delivery 9/30 in the night time and everything was great. However this morning while the car is parked in the garage, it send me a message about ABS is disabled. Why would ABS be disabled while the car is parked in the garage? The current date for the earliest schedule is 10/28, what can I do to get my service schedule sooner?

For people who already took delivery of the vehicle, is the trunk creases on two sides normal? (See attached pictures), also the doors requires more force to get it closed and wasn't sure if that's normal?

Sorry for being a newbie as this is my very first Tesla and kind of bumped about the ABS issue already and it's not even 50 miles yet.
You don’t have to wait for your scheduled appointment if you have a safety concern. Drive up to the service center and they’ll check in your car the same day. They usually start working on it the same day or the next.

Hi Guys,

Re ABS try a system reset (press brake while depressing both scroll wheels) and hold all until Tesla logo appears on black main screen. Maybe it will help. This is the Windows equivalent of ctrl + alt + del

Wrapped in stealth with a few color highlights. Did the calipers too in blue but need to get a better pic. The “plaid” badge will also be blue but needed to order a new one as the shop couldn’t use the one they removed.

Attachments

• CE7B3521-6C89-4371-B4BB-4B95C777BBA1.jpeg
    CE7B3521-6C89-4371-B4BB-4B95C777BBA1.jpeg
    903.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 0EA442BE-BAAC-4137-94C7-7E0485424973.jpeg
    0EA442BE-BAAC-4137-94C7-7E0485424973.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 0036DB63-32C1-4B42-BABB-686C67A87D49.jpeg
    0036DB63-32C1-4B42-BABB-686C67A87D49.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 70
Hi Guys,

Creases not normal, but a non issue. However the bigger issue I see is the gaps that will allow water through in heavy rain.

Hi Guys,

I had a similar phantom ABS fault that was resolved with firmware update. Since you just picked up car it may not be running latest FW version. I would try that first. It may not be a problem.

edit: I didn’t self diagnose that the FW update resolved the problem. I had it in for an unrelated service issue and the service center reported that it had been resolved by FW update.

Last edited: