Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally :) did your date change yet?

Yes! My delivery window changed to a specific date range (July 25 - Aug 8) this morning, as opposed to the generic "Late July - Aug" message it had before.

Then I called my DS to ask if that means blah blah blah. And he mentioned that he saw in his system my car was complete and already out of the factory. (MyTesla still showed "in production" earlier today.)

Then after business hours tonight the message on MyTesla switched to "in transit from the factory", proving my DS was right, and presumably that "in transit" is the trigger in Tesla's systems to switch from a generic delivery window to specific date delivery window.

Reactions: Nish
Our cars must be on the same train. Mine also updated within the last hour.

Doubtful. Mine will be on a train to Chicago, then truck to Toronto, Ontario.

That would be a circuitous route to get a car to Louisville. ;-)

My DS told me today that just because it's out of the factory doesn't mean it's leaving Cali imminently. It's just in the hands of the shipping people now, who will organize a train.

So "in transit" has a loose definition. ;-)

Doubtful. Mine will be on a train to Chicago, then truck to Toronto, Ontario.

That would be a circuitous route to get a car to Louisville. ;-)

My DS told me today that just because it's out of the factory doesn't mean it's leaving Cali imminently. It's just in the hands of the shipping people now, who will organize a train.

So "in transit" has a loose definition. ;-)

From what I've heard, the trains are usually routed to Chicago or somewhere in Alabama. Depending on where in Alabama, Chicago could actually be much closer to Louisville.

:DAs of 15 minutes ago via MyTesla - "Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery." Apparently it's arrived in Decatur. DS says confirmed for Friday afternoon. I wanna sneak over there and have a look while they're closed. :rolleyes: One thing I do know is it's been rained on if it's there. We had lots of storms today - so it's likely been christened.

eSigned the loan ppwk this afternoon with Alliant. They will wire Tesla the funds tomorrow. Making my 'payment' through the Tesla site in the morning. Insurance is done.

Return the Volt to Chevy on Friday, 2 hrs before we take delivery - Hope I see the guy I leased it from. I told him I only wanted a 3 year lease on the Volt because my next car was a more afforable Tesla. He laughed. We have a year left on the Leaf lease - hoping we can get a Model 3 by then. That's looking doubtful though. :confused:

Realized last night that I don't need to be scanning my KrogerPlus card for the gasoline discount points when buying groceries anymore. After Friday I won't have to purchase gasoline again since the Volt will be returned. :cool: Well - maybe for the riding mower...LOL.

Now I just need to settle on the name...o_O

:DAs of 15 minutes ago via MyTesla - "Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery." Apparently it's arrived in Decatur. DS says confirmed for Friday afternoon. I wanna sneak over there and have a look while they're closed. :rolleyes: One thing I do know is it's been rained on if it's there. We had lots of storms today - so it's likely been christened.

eSigned the loan ppwk this afternoon with Alliant. They will wire Tesla the funds tomorrow. Making my 'payment' through the Tesla site in the morning. Insurance is done.

Return the Volt to Chevy on Friday, 2 hrs before we take delivery - Hope I see the guy I leased it from. I told him I only wanted a 3 year lease on the Volt because my next car was a more afforable Tesla. He laughed. We have a year left on the Leaf lease - hoping we can get a Model 3 by then. That's looking doubtful though. :confused:

Realized last night that I don't need to be scanning my KrogerPlus card for the gasoline discount points when buying groceries anymore. After Friday I won't have to purchase gasoline again since the Volt will be returned. :cool: Well - maybe for the riding mower...LOL.

Did yours come via a train to Alabama? or truck direct

Love little stories and background like this.

After a 45 minute talk with the wife, triple confirming what we talked about after our test drive for configuration, price, etc I will OFFICIALLY be clicking purchase tonight!!!!!

Got first DS delivery expectation this afternoon. Expected into ATL by the 18th with a tentative delivery on the 20th. May slide a bit either way...and I need to check my availability. But getting closer.

Man Ploon94's confirm-to-delivery was FAST! I don't know if mine is rail or truck but I'm guessing rail by timeline.

Love little stories and background like this.

After a 45 minute talk with the wife, triple confirming what we talked about after our test drive for configuration, price, etc I will OFFICIALLY be clicking purchase tonight!!!!!

Thanks! I like reading the individual stories too. I didn't go to see it on the lot - it was raining again when I finally got around to it. :oops:

Congrats on your purchase. What did you both settle on? Tell us.