Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as I was about to call my DS I noticed that my status changed from "In Production" to "In Transit". It's on a train and headed to the east coast!

That puts me at:
Ordered: 6/28
Confirmed: 7/6
VIN: 7/6
Production start: 7/19
Production end: 7/22

Ha. Now you are just rubbing it in. I am going to assume MyTesla is slower to update for me and you didn't actually get to completely jump me in the production queue :). The only other thing I could think of is if they held the S60s until they completed a batch of S60Ds

Ha. Now you are just rubbing it in. I am going to assume MyTesla is slower to update for me and you didn't actually get to completely jump me in the production queue :). The only other thing I could think of is if they held the S60s until they completed a batch of S60Ds
I was wondering that also but the spreadsheet says otherwise.... Have you called your DS? Mine is Shannon and he was able to confirm everything and even is going to contact Alliant to get the final paperwork ready.

Picked my car up in Cincinnati today. I was late for my appointment because they literally closed I-71/75 northbound to clear a wreck. I was at a stand still for over an hour. Luckily, Cincy wasn't doing any other deliveries today, so they were waiting on me. I had half the employees on the ground staring at the front of a facelift Model S trying to show me where the tow hook attachment was. I thought it was a simple question, but nobody seemed to remember. The only problem I had with the car were two missing rubber feet on the under side of the frunk lid. They ended up taking the bumpers off a white Model S sitting next to mine and installing them. Hopefully whoever picks up the white one tomorrow gets their feet too...

Tesla.jpeg

Took delivery of my MS this morning and the DS said that they weren't offering license plate frames anymore since the glare off the chrome can negatively effect autopilot. Not sure I believe that at all...I'm ticked I didn't get a cool chrome license plate frame.

Are people still getting frames?

Also, he said that charging to 100% routinely can negatively impact the life of the battery even though I have a new 60D. I didn't want to push him too much on that since I'm sure he probably doesn't know all the nuances.

Took delivery of my MS this morning and the DS said that they weren't offering license plate frames anymore since the glare off the chrome can negatively effect autopilot. Not sure I believe that at all...I'm ticked I didn't get a cool chrome license plate frame.

Are people still getting frames?

Also, he said that charging to 100% routinely can negatively impact the life of the battery even though I have a new 60D. I didn't want to push him too much on that since I'm sure he probably doesn't know all the nuances.
I got mine yesterday. It did have the frame. While anything is possible that sounds lame.

From the spreadsheet, seeing a lot of June orders still in Confirmed status. Not sure if this is an actual production issue or the spreadsheet just didn't get updated.

I got my Confirmation/VIN on 7/1 but production hasn't started yet... A few people have jumped in front of me as well; I looked at the spreadsheet and the only differences I could see were that the cars that moved ahead didn't have these options:
  • Obeche Wood Matte Trim
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Air Susp
Maybe a supply issue with one or more of them?

Last edited: