Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woot! Got a delivery appointment for tomorrow @5pm!
Congrats man, you waited longer than me. I pciked mine up this morning, awesome experience. I'ts quick enough (I test drove a p90 so I was concerned it wouldn't be as quick as my CTS but it's a tiny biy quicker. I got only an umbrella and coffee mug for swag though :(
I will post pics but I am having some issues with home link and auto parking/summoning into my very narrow garage

51 days since ordering and still haven't started production. I just got off the phone with Tesla and I'm told I am moving through the process perfectly normal. I explained the average days before beginning production is about 20 and I was assured I'm moving along correctly.

If I begin production tonight or tomorrow then no big deal, but how much longer do I wait? I just want to know the reason why mine is taking double the time as the average consumer... why most people who ordered days/weeks after me have already taken delivery. If I don't begin production within 60 days after ordering I guarantee I'll still be told I'm moving right along on schedule.

I know I'm not alone and at least one member on this forum has been waiting within a day as long as I have.

*This is a vent. If anyone has waited this long without knowing why please let me know.

**i did ask for earliest delivery. Also checkout my order on the spreadsheet.

51 days since ordering and still haven't started production. I just got off the phone with Tesla and I'm told I am moving through the process perfectly normal. I explained the average days before beginning production is about 20 and I was assured I'm moving along correctly.

If I begin production tonight or tomorrow then no big deal, but how much longer do I wait? I just want to know the reason why mine is taking double the time as the average consumer... why most people who ordered days/weeks after me have already taken delivery. If I don't begin production within 60 days after ordering I guarantee I'll still be told I'm moving right along on schedule.

I know I'm not alone and at least one member on this forum has been waiting within a day as long as I have.

*This is a vent. If anyone has waited this long without knowing why please let me know.

**i did ask for earliest delivery. Also checkout my order on the spreadsheet.
What was your estimated delivery timeframe when you ordered? Has it changed since ordering?

What was your estimated delivery timeframe when you ordered? Has it changed since ordering?

Late August/ September. I said earlier if it weren't for the spreadsheet I'd be ignorant and happy. Unfortunately I am aware of my timeline compared to others. If all the other others have been completed early and I'm on schedule then that's fine, but I just want to know why.

*For example NexioLaw has almost the exact same car as me and from the same delivery center as me (different trim). I ordered one day before NexioLaw but his car went into production August 15th and expected to be delivered Sept 2nd. I thought it might be the trim keeping me out of production but many with my trim option have begun production.

*see spreadsheet.

Late August/ September. I said earlier if it weren't for the spreadsheet I'd be ignorant and happy. Unfortunately I am aware of my timeline compared to others. If all the other others have been completed early and I'm on schedule then that's fine, but I just want to know why.

*For example NexioLaw has almost the exact same car as me and from the same delivery center as me (different trim). I ordered one day before NexioLaw but his car went into production August 15th and expected to be delivered Sept 2nd. I thought it might be the trim keeping me out of production but many with my trim option have begun production.

*see spreadsheet.
I've seen the spreadsheet. I know it's frustrating and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, but they run the lines, so they know best. As frustrating as it is (I've been through it myself but got lucky), there's really nothing you can do as long as they're still meeting the promised window.

I agree. It's for sure a "why me" attitude I'm having. It's my curiosity that's causing frustration.

Hang in there Buddy! 2 weeks ago, I was feeling the exact same way as you... and it all worked out, I am picking up my car tomorrow. (ordered 10 days before you). one thing I did notice in your spreadsheet.... it says you ordered on 7/3 and confirmed 7/10, but you didn't get your VIN until 7/17 that is not normal... normally you would get your vin same day as the confirmation... was there an issue maybe you should be calculating from vin date instead of confirmed?

Mine tool 36 days from VIN to Production Start and you are currently at that same number...

Anyway, hang in there, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Hang in there Buddy! 2 weeks ago, I was feeling the exact same way as you... and it all worked out, I am picking up my car tomorrow. (ordered 10 days before you). one thing I did notice in your spreadsheet.... it says you ordered on 7/3 and confirmed 7/10, but you didn't get your VIN until 7/17 that is not normal... normally you would get your vin same day as the confirmation... was there an issue maybe you should be calculating from vin date instead of confirmed?

Mine tool 36 days from VIN to Production Start and you are currently at that same number...

Anyway, hang in there, it's always darkest before the dawn.

That was the beginning of the oddity. I spoke with My DS and the Tesla main number and both told me that it's completely normal. I (again) referenced the spreadsheet saying it wasn't common and they assured me it isn't an indication of my vehicle being delayed and I am "right on track".

Interestinngly enough @cplaw had his VIN issued the same day and we are both expecting to begin production at the same time.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: K Hall
@Carnage so they took it off for you at the Devon SC? My DS at Devon said they've been instructed by their lawyers to not remove it.

Nope, that is me, in my suit, on the floor taking it off. I couldn't get the part underneath the plate off yet, I wasn't able to melt the glue, still looks better than before. Getting the rest off is on my list of things to do, right behind finding a way to over ride the auto abort on the auot park in my garage because the opening is too narrow, ughhhh

• Funny
Reactions: fallen888