Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Needless to say I'm a little nervous about the likelihood of actually taking delivery by the end of the month, mostly because of the uncertainty about the fate of the 0.99% financing and what it will do to my interest rate (currently locked in at 0.99% until the end of the month) if they have to re-run my application if that offer expires.

If you are worried about the keeping the rate, just use Alliant instead. They are offering 0.99 and will hold the rate for 45 days from when you apply.

I wouldn't worry about it to much, my car came out of production today for delivery next Thursday, however the Tesla page still shows it in production. My DS said the Tesla page can be 2-4 days behind sometimes more..

I guess I'm just worried because even after they get it on a truck (which it didn't sound like it was yesterday), that's only 6 days to get it to Columbus. Any number of things could happen to delay a truck full of cars from CA. There will be no delaying delivery if there is anything wrong with the car (I'm fine taking an IOU for any defects that need to be corrected at a later date).

But in any case, nothing I can do about it but vent here :)

If anyone cares, specs still read APH2.

That's something I might look into, but I'm not sure what ramifications there would be to my credit if they run it again for an approval after already getting it run by Tesla (Well's Fargo technically).

I originally went through tesla financing and then ran it through alliant and don't think it hurt my credit. But the one thing you have to check first is that alliant is not offering the 0.99 rate in any state that tesla can offer financing. Alliant is the option if tesla cannot offer their own options(chase or td etc). As it seems you qualify for tesla financing you may not be able to get the alliant rate. I would ask your tesla loan person for the details.

But the one thing you have to check first is that alliant is not offering the 0.99 rate in any state that tesla can offer financing. Alliant is the option if tesla cannot offer their own options(chase or td etc). As it seems you qualify for tesla financing you may not be able to get the alliant rate.

I'm not sure that's completely right. I originally applied for financing for through Tesla and they set me up with Chase. I then decided to go with Alliant because they would hold the rate lock past the Sept. 30th. I do have an Alliant savings account, so maybe that has something to do with it but I definitely had both options.

1MoreUsername: Alliant doesn't offer the 0.99% rate in Ohio. You have to go through Tesla.

My car has finished production a week ago: last Saturday, departed Fremont on Monday and has arrived in Cleveland last night. Delivery scheduled for Monday!

Tesla is interested in delivering the car to you this month, as much as you are and will do everything possible to make it happen!

Reactions: JMR124
That's something I might look into, but I'm not sure what ramifications there would be to my credit if they run it again for an approval after already getting it run by Tesla (Well's Fargo technically).

multiple car loan inquiries in a one month period count as only one hard pull in terms of effect on your credit score, just like shopping for a mortgage.

ive seen flights between BTR and IAH around $70 i would jump on one of those and pick up ur car in houston instead ;)

I hear ya... Here are the troubles.. because of delay after delay after delay I am about to get to the max overage for my estimated mileage on vehicle trade-in. So I cannot drive there at this point. A flight won't work because I have to have my trade to make the transaction happen. Finally, I work a week-on week-off schedule and this is my work week. So at this point I'll just shut up, try to stay distracted with work and just wait for a phone call to have it delivered "this week."

One thing that confounds me is this. The car arrived thursday of last week and I told my DS I would be happy to drive to houston and exchange vehicles. I did absolutely NOTHING yesterday (saturday) and my mom was in town to see me with hopes to be here for delivery. DS says that there is not a slot to take delivery with walk through and tutorial at houston until late this week. Ok, but I'm pretty sure some guy who shows up to deliver the vehicle at my home this week is just gonna hand over the keys. Thats all I need. Ive watched every video and read every tutorial available on the web in the english language. I wanted to ask him why i just couldn't drive to houston saturday and pick it up without the ass-kissing, because lord knows they haven't up until now. But wait. He would have to call me or email for that to happen. Because thats what he said he would do Saturday morning.... Except that he did neither and phone call from me went to voicemail. SMH.

If you are worried about the keeping the rate, just use Alliant instead. They are offering 0.99 and will hold the rate for 45 days from when you apply.

Just a heads up, my delivery has been delayed and I had to get the extension to 45 days. Then when they sent the paperwork the interest rate was 2.9%. Alliant agent said it defaulted on his paperwork, so he was able to correct it. just READ YOUR DOCUMENT CAREFULLY so that you don't overlook that critical detail. And I'm sure you won't, because you are already tuned-in for that.

Well, current status is as follows:

Order confirmed 8/20
In production 9/12
MyTesla still reads: "Your Tesla is currently in production." With "Estimated Delivery Range: September 25, 2017- October 9, 2017"
Updated today by my DS that the car has completed production (despite the MyTesla data).
Car is still in Fremont, awaiting shipment.
My DS says that their logistics team thinks it should get to Columbus, OH 9/29 and he has a tentative appointment for me to pick it up on 9/30.

Needless to say I'm a little nervous about the likelihood of actually taking delivery by the end of the month, mostly because of the uncertainty about the fate of the 0.99% financing and what it will do to my interest rate (currently locked in at 0.99% until the end of the month) if they have to re-run my application if that offer expires.

Nothing I can do to speed up the process but the waiting game is not great especially when it's getting down to the wire like this.

Alliant will close the deal within a week of delivery. You don't need to be in possession of the vehicle for the loan to finalize, so that buys you some wiggle room. That being said, I felt quite insecure finalizing such a large commitment on something that wasn't in my possession or at least available for me to inspect. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I just didn't want any possible delay on anyone's part except Tesla. As soon as the final MVPA was available and DS confirmed (for Alliant) vehicle to customer "within a week," Alliant signed off on their end and paid tesla for the vehicle.

Has anyone traded their old car at the time of taking delivery? Please share your experience and anything that should be done beforehand to streamline the process. At this point all they have asked is to self appraise the vehicle.

The easiest way is to go to CarMax. It took about 30min and Tesla matched the offer, no questions asked. You just have to get the timing right so that the offer/mileage etc don't vary much before the trade. I had to over-estimate my mileage for tesla because of delays. They will accept 500mi over the estimate with no need to re-estimate.