Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure why my order is not even in production yet .
Ordered in person @ the Fremont factory on 10/17/2017. Confirmed 10/20/2017. Vin Number 11/1/2017.
Status is "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory."
I have called my DS 4 times , he said should be finish around Christmas and ready for pick up then.
But I've been reading this thread and everyone ordered after my date are getting their Model S already.
Very sad , I hate this waiting game . What is going on >? is it because I'm close to factory , and place my order in the back of the line?
I don't understand the logic here. Someone help :(
It certainly does look like they go into production based on location! I am in NM, ordered 10/27, confirmed 10/30, VIN 10/30, production started 12/8, built completed 12/12. My DS did not even know the status of my car until I called to ask. I am doing home delivery so I need to pay before they will schedule my car on a truck so I am eager for them to take my money, but they don’t seem to be in a rush at all! Since you are in Fremont, they really only need a week at most to build and delivery yours! Almost there!!!

I just called my DS , he said "car still not in production but factory said it should be done by 12/26/2017 and ready to be deliver by 12/27/2017 , so he went ahead and booked me for 12/27/2017 at 3:30 PM in Fremont Factory ." has anyone been thru the same process ? not in production but delivery date is scheduled?
Thanks,
You are lucky. i select pick up the car local in fremont factory as well. i think they are pushing local orders to very later date for production...

You are lucky. i select pick up the car local in fremont factory as well. i think they are pushing local orders to very later date for production...
Oh boy , I really thought I was the only one here . I’ve been anxious ,as you can see other states are getting their order delivered and most ordered after us . Oh well I really hope my DS is right about 12/26/2017 pick up date

Oh boy , I really thought I was the only one here . I’ve been anxious ,as you can see other states are getting their order delivered and most ordered after us . Oh well I really hope my DS is right about 12/26/2017 pick up date
i will call my DS tomorrow to see if there is any update. I hope you can get the car on scheduled pick up date. it's so true, i believe tesla wants to produce the car for other states first because of the location and transportation time. but it's somehow unfair to us that tesla delays local orders....

i will call my DS tomorrow to see if there is any update. I hope you can get the car on scheduled pick up date. it's so true, i believe tesla wants to produce the car for other states first because of the location and transportation time. but it's somehow unfair to us that tesla delays local orders....
Yes I really thought being local would be first in line . Definitely not the case here , yes do call your DS . Update me and good luck

I'm not sure why my order is not even in production yet .
Ordered in person @ the Fremont factory on 10/17/2017. Confirmed 10/20/2017. Vin Number 11/1/2017.
Status is "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory."
I have called my DS 4 times , he said should be finish around Christmas and ready for pick up then.
But I've been reading this thread and everyone ordered after my date are getting their Model S already.
Very sad , I hate this waiting game . What is going on >? is it because I'm close to factory , and place my order in the back of the line?
I don't understand the logic here. Someone help :(

Scheduling of California and Fremont deliveries has generally been "at the end of the quarter, even if you ordered near the beginning of the quarter". It's just the way it is. If you ordered today, you would get it about the same time. There is no true "order" and no value in being in the order queue early if you are in the Bay area.

I just called my DS , he said "car still not in production but factory said it should be done by 12/26/2017 and ready to be deliver by 12/27/2017 , so he went ahead and booked me for 12/27/2017 at 3:30 PM in Fremont Factory ." has anyone been thru the same process ? not in production but delivery date is scheduled?
Thanks,
Yes, I was originally quoted a delivery date of 12/20. This was two weeks before the vehicle went into production. Now that production is complete, and the vehicle is in transit, I am scheduled for the 16th.

Scheduling of California and Fremont deliveries has generally been "at the end of the quarter, even if you ordered near the beginning of the quarter". It's just the way it is. If you ordered today, you would get it about the same time. There is no true "order" and no value in being in the order queue early if you are in the Bay area.
This never really made sense to me. If you were going to maximize the numbers in one particular quarter, maybe, but being as one quarter rolls into the next, the numbers would normalize over the year. Additionally, I have definitely seen other buyers on the west coast who purchased after or right around my purchase date who's cars went into production before mine. I'm sure the logistics are more complicated, revolving around the train, truck and ship schedules, ensuring all containers are filled per destination regardless of when a vehicle was purchased.

This never really made sense to me. If you were going to maximize the numbers in one particular quarter, maybe, but being as one quarter rolls into the next, the numbers would normalize over the year. Additionally, I have definitely seen other buyers on the west coast who purchased after or right around my purchase date who's cars went into production before mine. I'm sure the logistics are more complicated, revolving around the train, truck and ship schedules, ensuring all containers are filled per destination regardless of when a vehicle was purchased.
I think they want to ensure everyone gets their car before year ends, that's why they prioritise production for east coast because vehicles needs to travel 5 to 10 days for delivery. During this time, they can start production for local orders ... Which somewhat, make sense to me.

Not yet... last time i heard from DS about delivery was "your vehicle is in pre-production stage", no update since then. However, OA checked my record last week, he say it looks like my car is in transit... I believe he was trying to comfort me, and he has been very responsive to my questions, so I don't want to push him any further ...
Does your status say your car is in transit or still in production??? Mine has been in "production" since Dec 5th and when I asked my DS yesterday, he said it was ready to leave. Delivery has moved from 18th to 21st o_O

atsnyr, I am also scheduled for pick-up on 21st. hope the date is still good. i am having a hard time to get in contact with any DS team. I tried emailing and calling. do you have that experience?
I've started with DS who would not respond at all. Later we found out she was parting with Tesla. After that I was assigned a new DS who has been more responsive. It still takes days for email response, if any, but if I call I'll usually have someone to talk with. If only their web site updates were more real-time, we would not have to bother emailing or calling.

Reactions: mahagala
I've started with DS who would not respond at all. Later we found out she was parting with Tesla. After that I was assigned a new DS who has been more responsive. It still takes days for email response, if any, but if I call I'll usually have someone to talk with. If only their web site updates were more real-time, we would not have to bother emailing or calling.
Totally agree that their website is not helpful. They did tell me that they prefer to discuss status over the phone. If so, they should pick up the phone more often :mad:

exactly...

My car went into production on Friday 12/8, finished and in transit on Tuesday 12/12. It is supposed to be inspected and detailed in Fremont before direct ship for home delivery (expected delivery at the beginning of Jan). My DS just called and said for some unknown reason, my car is on a truck now heading to AZ (to my nearest SvC 400+ miles away) and they should be able to forward my car to me as soon as next week!!! It seems like they are moving vehicles in lightening speed once your order is in production!

Reactions: jorobsand
Any news for Toronto friends? most of you have delivery date set for next week, did anyone received a solid date yet?
My car went into production on Friday 12/8, finished and in transit on Tuesday 12/12. It is supposed to be inspected and detailed in Fremont before direct ship for home delivery (expected delivery at the beginning of Jan). My DS just called and said for some unknown reason, my car is on a truck now heading to AZ (to my nearest SvC 400+ miles away) and they should be able to forward my car to me as soon as next week!!! It seems like they are moving vehicles in lightening speed once your order is in production!
congratulation!