Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my vin! How much longer does this mean I have? And is my number really the number of production in order of the model s? Are there really only 13000 of them in the world right now?

There are fewer. And because of the EU ramp up you are out of order :)

- - - Updated - - -

Scheduled to pick up my Tes on June 12 when I get back from Ireland. Turns out it's ready today.

Welcome to TMC! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have been struggling for the past month with receiving a firm date. I called my DS in California and she basically told me that they have been quite "transparent" with our communication with me. I get a delivery notice of May 9-23rd and after that I was the one who is doing the calling and reaching out.

Having VIN#'s 500+ cars after me already being delivered seems that there is a problem but they really are not divulging much more then, "it's still in manufacturing". It seems the more I call their attitude changes and I am the one who looks like a irate customer, judging from their voices. All I want to know is why it is delayed!!!

Further to this, I was told way back in November about the incentive program being taking care of by Tesla, basically they wait for the check to come in, instead of me rounding up another $8500CAD at the time of delivery. The sales person at the Toronto store was boasting on how Tesla is a different car company and we don't make you wait for funds if you don't have to.

Also, I was sold on Home Delivery back then as well. Now that has been taken away. The DS asked how we can make things "smoother" for me during the delivery process. Gee, let me think, maybe a valet service for my wife and I instead of finding a friend or neighbour to drive us 45 min to the delivery address. You promise, and then take away. Let's meet half way here guys!

While I'm at it, the same sales person told me that the winter tire package includes storage. Not the case. At this point my enthusiasm has dwindled considerably since I signed up for this 110K car.

I will most likely take delivery with a non confident attitude now. What comes out of the mouth of the DS may be false or true, who knows. I get more information from this forum then I do from my sales reps.

- - - Updated - - -

To date, I still have no firm delivery date what so ever. My DS emailed me yesterday stating that he will get back to me "shortly"

This was the last message I received from Tesla about my delivery on April 16th. It should state, "in the coming months" instead of weeks.

Your car will be ready for delivery soon, we will work together in the coming weeks to pick a date for delivery as your car moves through production and makes its way to Canada.

View attachment 23175

Has this issue been resolved? If not, I'd consider escalating it to GeorgeB :)

This is my first post here, though I have been following the forums for several weeks.
I ordered 5/28, I received the confirmation that the order was sent to factory today at 3 am with VIN#1413x. Because of Kabbr's post today, that means they released at least 110+ VINs in one batch today. Perhaps they do that weekly?
At any rate, the numbers have been rolling, seems like 800 or so in just two weeks. Perhaps this has been covered in the first 514 pages of this post, but does anyone know their production capacity?

Model S 85 - blue/tan/lacewood - Tech - Sound Studio - Jumpseats

My VIN just showed up on the website. 1409*

Ordered June 2nd
Finalized options June 3rd
Delivery button questions June 10th
Tesla salesperson told me on June 10th it is estimated to be finished in factory on June 24th
VIN on website June 11th
Delivery window is June 28th to July 12th

85 Black / Tan / Lacewood / Tech

Ordered on 5/27. Called Tesla to finalize on 6/4. Received email that it is going into production on 6/10 for estimated delivery June 28 - July 12. VIN popped up this morning (6/11) on My Dashboard on the Tesla web site - I presume the last 5 digits are what people are posting - #140xx.

Noticed that Palpatine ordered later than me, finalized 1 day earlier than me and went into production the same day.

Wife and I negotiating whether she can pick it up if it arrives while I'm away on a trip.
---
85 Red / Grey / Obeche Matte / Tech / Twin Chargers

30 days from order to delivery

Hello all. I finalized the order of my P85+ on May 31st, and received notice that delivery will be sometime between June 17 - July 6, with a target date of June 30. This is one month sooner than I expected, so I am scrambling to sell my current car, and get the electrical work done at home in time. That is fast. I remember waiting 2.5 months for the last car that I ordered.

From what I am reading, it looks like they are shrinking their backlog. While it's good for us buyers, it may not be good for TMC. Since the backlog is shrinking, the current order rate must be lower than the production rate. Since they seem to be doing build to order, that implies the production line will go idle with out doing anything to spur orders. It will be interesting to see what they do. Advertising? Promotions? Discounting?

From what I am reading, it looks like they are shrinking their backlog. While it's good for us buyers, it may not be good for TMC. Since the backlog is shrinking, the current order rate must be lower than the production rate. Since they seem to be doing build to order, that implies the production line will go idle with out doing anything to spur orders. It will be interesting to see what they do. Advertising? Promotions? Discounting?

....or order rate is going up. Production rate is going up as well, just at a higher rate than orders. I'm willing to bet that with more capital and after getting the loan off the books, that additional production shifts could have come on line (especially seeing the entry into Europe and Asian markets coming soon), efficiencies in manufacturing may have implemented, etc.

...other scenario could be that Tesla could be trying to get rid of backlog of orders and maintain whatever current order rate there is, so that they can begin gearing up for production of Model X, Gen III, etc.