Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exciting. Delivery date may change. Mine was, and then went back a day, ending up a day later than originally scheduled.

It did change, of course; it's happening earlier. They texted me today asking if I could take delivery this Thursday, 9/17. Not bad at all for an order on 8/26. Thursday wouldn't work as I started a new job this week, so I moved it to this Saturday, 9/19.

I had considered moving it to the 23rd just in case battery day brings about some big change, but I like the car fine as I ordered it. If the rumored interior redesign comes and it does turn out to be more like the 3, then I'd rather have the current interior... I'm trading in a Model 3 on this.

It did change, of course; it's happening earlier. They texted me today asking if I could take delivery this Thursday, 9/17. Not bad at all for an order on 8/26. Thursday wouldn't work as I started a new job this week, so I moved it to this Saturday, 9/19.

I had considered moving it to the 23rd just in case battery day brings about some big change, but I like the car fine as I ordered it. If the rumored interior redesign comes and it does turn out to be more like the 3, then I'd rather have the current interior... I'm trading in a Model 3 on this.
That is fast to Maine!

Another new member here - first post on this forum. Tomorrow I pick up my Tesla, a new MS LR+ in MCR. I saw it a few days ago on the Tesla listing of local inventory, thought about it for a brief while, and paid the $100 deposit to take it off the list. Apparently my luck was someone else's misfortune, as the car had been ordered online, but the purchaser was unable to pick it up within the 3-day window and so it went back into inventory. The day after I paid the deposit, the original purchaser tried to rearrange delivery, but that door had closed. I do feel sorry for that person, who like so many others who have posted on this thread, waited for weeks for delivery only to have fate intervene.

I'll post back in a couple of days about what the delivery experience in Dedham, MA was like.

Horrible for the other owner. My experience was almost similar. I live 2 hours from the nearest Tesla Dealer. My delivery window was originally to chose Saturday night after 6 PM, or Sunday afternoon. I chose Sunday afternoon, knowing getting an Uber would be difficult (Rental car backup on Sunday with almost all locations closed in both my city and dealer city), and arranging insurance, banking, etc. on a Sunday. Also needed alternative plans if I refused car because of defects. The Friday before, I was informed delivery changed to Tuesday afternoon, no other choice for pickup. Called Sunday to check, and was informed my delivery had been changed once again without any notice to me to Monday morning. I explained that would be hard for me to get Uber and arrive by the scheduled time. They taunted me with I either make the delivery, or they would sell my car to someone else. Made me mad! Anyway, I made it up there, and when I got back home with my new car, I saw where Tesla had charged me for Supercharging at the dealer and "idle time" charging for leaving it plugged in after it was charged. I didn't even own the car at the time. This was pre-delivery service. I eventually had to charge back the charge on my credit card. I need to check to see if I am blocked from Supercharging before I need it after the credit card chargeback, because I don't trust Tesla at all. Feeling sorry for the other people Tesla treats so badly. Not off to a good start with me.

Last edited:
Another new member here - first post on this forum. Tomorrow I pick up my Tesla, a new MS LR+ in MCR. I saw it a few days ago on the Tesla listing of local inventory, thought about it for a brief while, and paid the $100 deposit to take it off the list. Apparently my luck was someone else's misfortune, as the car had been ordered online, but the purchaser was unable to pick it up within the 3-day window and so it went back into inventory. The day after I paid the deposit, the original purchaser tried to rearrange delivery, but that door had closed. I do feel sorry for that person, who like so many others who have posted on this thread, waited for weeks for delivery only to have fate intervene.

I'll post back in a couple of days about what the delivery experience in Dedham, MA was like.
Horrible for the other owner. My experience was almost similar. I live 2 hours from the nearest Tesla Dealer. My delivery window was originally to chose Saturday night after 6 PM, or Sunday afternoon. I chose Sunday afternoon, knowing getting an Uber would be difficult (Rental car backup on Sunday with almost all locations closed in both my city and dealer city), and arranging insurance, banking, etc. on a Sunday. Also needed alternative plans if I refused car because of defects. The Friday before, I was informed delivery changed to Tuesday afternoon, no other choice for pickup. Called Sunday to check, and was informed my delivery had been changed once again without any notice to me to Monday morning. I explained that would be hard for me to get Uber and arrive by the scheduled time. They taunted me with I either make the delivery, or they would sell my car to someone else. Made me mad! Anyway, I made it up there, and when I got back home with my new car, I saw where Tesla had charged me for Supercharging at the dealer and "idle time" charging for leaving it plugged in after it was charged. I didn't even own the car at the time. This was pre-delivery service. I eventually had to charge back the charge on my credit card. I need to check to see if I am blocked from Supercharging before I need it after the credit card chargeback, because I don't trust Tesla at all. Feeling sorry for the other people Tesla treats so badly. Not off to a good start with me.

Wow! I can't believe they would do this (yes, I do)! I waited for my car for almost 3 months. I confirmed my delivery date and they changed it (moved it up) without any notice to me. What if I had been out of town on business travel that week? For them to put my car I had been waiting so long for on the open market with only a 3 day pickup window is kind of despicable.

I can say that I was prepared for the worst at delivery because of all of the horror stories I've heard and had quite a lengthy checklist. I was pleased with the process and the state of the car, however. The mileage was even lower than what they wanted me to authenticate on the Odometer Disclosure prior to delivery.

I gave it a good detailing and ceramic coating when I got home - I find this is the only way to do a thorough inspection. I found some minor things but I also found a dent/depression on the hatchback and a gouge in one of the wheels. I imagine they'll have to replace the wheel; we'll see what they do about everything else.

Wow! I can't believe they would do this (yes, I do)! I waited for my car for almost 3 months. I confirmed my delivery date and they changed it (moved it up) without any notice to me. What if I had been out of town on business travel that week? For them to put my car I had been waiting so long for on the open market with only a 3 day pickup window is kind of despicable.

I can say that I was prepared for the worst at delivery because of all of the horror stories I've heard and had quite a lengthy checklist. I was pleased with the process and the state of the car, however. The mileage was even lower than what they wanted me to authenticate on the Odometer Disclosure prior to delivery.

I gave it a good detailing and ceramic coating when I got home - I find this is the only way to do a thorough inspection. I found some minor things but I also found a dent/depression on the hatchback and a gouge in one of the wheels. I imagine they'll have to replace the wheel; we'll see what they do about everything else.
Yes, the mileage I guess they always just put 50 miles. This is a crime in my state. My car only had 5 miles at delivery. In addition, it took California Tesla 3 weeks to send me the papers needed for registration, and the Kentucky forms were not filled out correctly for taxes, which would have resulted in an overpayment of $500 in taxes. I pointed this out to the County Clerk at registration, and she looked at the purchase papers, and changed the numbers to save me the money. She said most people would not even notice the error, and pay the extra taxes.

After 9 months of M3P ownership we have decided to get rid of our last gas guzzler (Landrover Discovery) and have ordered a MS LR.

As they had an inventory model to the same spec we wanted we have ordered one of those. We have the vin and have been told delivery should be within 14 days and there is now a collection point only 15mins from our house so double good news.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 18.10.24.png

Just got delivery today of my new red MS LR+ which I ordered just 4 days ago from Inventory. The car was outside in the lot at the Dedham SC, which was a good relative to social distancing. The SC was very busy with deliveries, but they took all the time we needed. We got 20 minutes to inspect the car, and my wife found a couple of paint chips that they'll take care of later when I have some time. The SC is just 30 minutes away, so getting there isn't much of a burden. Overall I'd rate the experience thumbs up, but as always, YMMV. I'll post pictures later in the photo thread.

I was pleasantly surprised by a few things when I examined the car. I was under the mistaken impression that some recent SW update killed FM and Sirius radio, but both are working wonderfully, Also, I read that the visors don't extend when moved to the side windows. I'm happy to report that the visors do, indeed, extend all the way to the pillar, effectively controlling side-sun from us tall drivers who sit far back from the wheel.

Took delivery of my S today, 9/19/20. As I mentioned a couple pages ago, ordered on 8/26. Earliest delivery date available was 9/17 but I waited so as not to take time off work. Made the round trip drive from ME to NJ to pick it up today, saying goodbye to my Model 3. Loving the S so far, really eats up the miles. It came with the pedestrian warning noisemaker, first I've heard of it on the S.

Took delivery of my S today, 9/19/20. As I mentioned a couple pages ago, ordered on 8/26. Earliest delivery date available was 9/17 but I waited so as not to take time off work. Made the round trip drive from ME to NJ to pick it up today, saying goodbye to my Model 3. Loving the S so far, really eats up the miles. It came with the pedestrian warning noisemaker, first I've heard of it on the S.
Congrats! What is your vin? I'm about to buy a new model s. I can either get a showroom car the next days or just wait till November. Vin is 403xxx. Cars need some time to be shipped over to europe, so we get older cars compared to the US. :(

Congrats! What is your vin? I'm about to buy a new model s. I can either get a showroom car the next days or just wait till November. Vin is 403xxx. Cars need some time to be shipped over to europe, so we get older cars compared to the US. :(

Mine's 412xxx. Very pleased with it so far. No rattles, good paint, panels are aligned, and the efficiency is insane compared to my previous Model 3 Performance. Drove around 100 miles at 80-85mph yesterday and averaged 265 Wh/mi. My Model 3 would have been around 340...

I wanted a Tesla for over two years but was waiting for my current lease on a Cadillac CT6 to run out. The closest Tesla to the CT6 is the Model S. I waited until Battery day to see if a new update for the Model S would be announced. Battery day was a bummer. I don't need Plaid. So... I ordered a new Model S Long Range right after the Battery day presention ended. The order page said 6-9 weeks for delivery. Ok. Whatever.... But, I logged into my Tesla account this morning and saw a VIN number! Then after a few hours, I have a delivery date of next Tuesday. Faster than I thought. I called my Tesla store (3 hours away) to confirm. Car is on a train and he was trying to ping it to wake it up and find out the GPS location. VIN is 414xxx. I assume it was manufactured last month and sitting in Tesla's factory lot waiting for a forever home. So, to say the least, I am excited. I hope it does not have too many quality issues.

VIN is 414xxx. I assume it was manufactured last month and sitting in Tesla's factory lot waiting for a forever home. So, to say the least, I am excited. I hope it does not have too many quality issues.

I am at 412xxx and so far the only issue I have is something in the headliner above the driver side window resonates if I play music very loudly with a fair amount of bass. Apart from that I have been very pleased with with the quality. Hope you fare as well, and congrats on the new ride!

Just took delivery on a midnight silver metallic long range. Arrived at a business parking garage where they were temporarily delivering vehicles. Process was smooth. Nothing fancy as many people were checking over their vehicles. Used a checklist posted on this form and it sure does help. A few minor things noted (hood was a little raised on one side, door trim on passenger rear side was a little off center, and a tiny black paint mark on driver door). There wasn’t anything horrible and it seems as though most Tesla’s has minor defects. Overall, happy with the selection and ease of delivery. Customer service was great and it was a touch free scenario.

order on 8/5 and pickup on 9/27 (Southern California)

Reactions: teletype
Ordered an S performance FSD in the middle of battery day and already have a VIN. Curious to see if that means an imminent delivery. Already scheduled to turn my lease in 2 weeks early as I can't stand the 4x per day 8 minute reboots, map redraw issues, can't stream anything and a long list of my MMC chip is toasted issues. Looking forward to MMC 2 and HW3. :cool:

Ordered an S performance FSD in the middle of battery day and already have a VIN. Curious to see if that means an imminent delivery. Already scheduled to turn my lease in 2 weeks early as I can't stand the 4x per day 8 minute reboots, map redraw issues, can't stream anything and a long list of my MMC chip is toasted issues. Looking forward to MMC 2 and HW3. :cool:
Congrats on the new purchase!