Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they are starting to ship

https://twitter.com/klwtts/status/1364743194609549314?s=20

EvCKsq-UUAMcVt9.jpeg

Reactions: Yuri_G
I realize some have ordered in late 2020 hoping to get a quick delivery of the older model, but the refresh was already known to be pending
Of course, it's been imminent since July 2017, all you had to do to know this is look at the thread below. How could have anyone missed it for so many years, right?
Model S range and interior update imminent?

(and to be fair, there were still plenty of inventory models left in Jan that Tesla was desperate to sell before the earnings call announcing the refresh).
Then it should be really easy for Tesla to match up all the pre-refresh orders to brand new inventory cars, right? What a bunch of incompetent sales people Tesla has, they have order, they have the product, but cannot make a match. Or, perhaps you are wrong?

Tesla took orders, they should deliver on those orders. If they knew they wouldn't be able to deliver, then they took orders in bad faith, knowing they are not planning to fulfill them.

Reactions: jaguar36
Not sure. Would be interesting to know if there is sufficient 3/y inventory to get through shutdown. It’s been reported there is a worldwide semiconductor shortage. If it is the same chip and they have 3/y inventory could this be to focus on S/X for the next 30 days. If more profitable x/s has a large backlog of orders this may make sense. Get the s/x out the door to shore up 1st quarter profits with an added bonus of slowing the constant, possibly deserved bad sentiments these days about lack of information.

I think it’s just the M3 line. Not sure on the question, but I like theories. Best part of a theory is when someone who knows confirms it or slays it.
. Would be interesting to know if there is sufficient 3 inventory to get through shutdown. It’s been reported there is a worldwide semiconductor shortage. If it is the same chip and they have sufficient M3 inventory to get through a short shutdown it could be to focus on S/X during shutdown. If more profitable x/s has a large backlog of orders this may make sense. Get the s/x out the door to shore up 1st quarter earnings with an added bonus of slowing the bad rep on the lack of information. Personally, I’d follow the money.

Just wish these guys could be honest and forthright with their customers. I want to see this company have tremendous success but their shenanigans (lack of communication, overpromising on dates, under delivering on quality) will take care of the high demand faster than ramping up production.

Just wish these guys could be honest and forthright with their customers. I want to see this company have tremendous success but their shenanigans (lack of communication, overpromising on dates, under delivering on quality) will take care of the high demand faster than ramping up production.

Well the website only ever said “March”, and then changed to the 4-8 weeks (Plaid) and 6-12 weeks (LR) estimates (which then got reduced slightly). They may very well deliver to many of the early customers in March. So I think it’s a little early to complain about them missing dates here.

• Disagree
Reactions: ladysbff and lowtek
Kilowats posted they found the 19" tire sizes: "Also all of the Refresh Model S we’ve all been seeing has a 19” staggered setup with 255 45 in the front & 285 40 in the rear."

Anyone found anything on the 21" sizes. Someone posted the front was 265/35r21. Any news on the rear?

Tell that to everyone that was told December, January, or February. No, the website has not only stated March.

My date has changed 4 times. Missing the dates is not the issue as much as the customer service with missing dates. Communicate.

The website absolutely never said anything earlier than March for the new S and X.

If you mean you’d ordered the old one and they ran out, then sure, maybe they could have handled that better. Of course they didn’t want to Osbourne the old models, so it’s a tricky spot. Other than changing the wording they used, there’s really not much they could have done differently though?

Reactions: Arpe
The website absolutely never said anything earlier than March for the new S and X.

If you mean you’d ordered the old one and they ran out, then sure, maybe they could have handled that better. Of course they didn’t want to Osbourne the old models, so it’s a tricky spot. Other than changing the wording they used, there’s really not much they could have done differently though?

Some people were quoted February 14 - March 14. Dates have changed and been removed. Every time I call Tesla to see what’s going on I get the same boiler plate response of “You don’t have a delivery date because you don’t have a VIN assigned yet”. I’m not asking for an exact date, my account says literally nothing. Just a blank space after “Estimated Delivery” and I ordered early on. The fact that no one knows anything is concerning and the fact that no one cares to find out is just frustrating.