Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we are on it, my issue with the Taycan is the cost and the ridiculous amount of “options”. Like, great, it’s $79,900, but am I going to buy it without the tech package? No. That’s $7,500, etc. Quickly gets to well more than an S for 225 of range.

That said, I realize some will feel it’s worth it for fit, finish, etc and respect that. Just not a car I would consider.

Not really. I guess the Tesla process is just a shocker compared to what I’ve experienced with other cars I’ve owned. It is nice. It is at the cutting edge of tech but I wish they would treat us a better in terms of transparently and the buying process. Also I hope they’ve stepped up their game in build quality.
Build quality game will not be stepped up - please don’t hold out hopes there. Really hasn’t gotten better in a decade. And their pre-delivery service will be awful, along with communications. BUT, my service after the sale has been exceptional (WAY better than my Audi, FWIW) and there is nothing that drives like my Tesla. There are, however, many, many cars with more luxe interiors.

Reactions: TNGuy99
While we are on it, my issue with the Taycan is the cost and the ridiculous amount of “options”. Like, great, it’s $79,900, but am I going to buy it without the tech package? No. That’s $7,500, etc. Quickly gets to well more than an S for 225 of range.

That said, I realize some will feel it’s worth it for fit, finish, etc and respect that. Just not a car I would consider.

I actually started building one on the website and $80k went to $115k real fast. What an absolute ripoff porsches are.

Reactions: foos
Very strange. All our current cars ( S + X) as well as my Plaid+ reservation are no longer on my page. Just solar, shop, and 3rd party purchase button. Last referral from earlier this month is gone too.

Everything is fine on the app though......other than the reservation (which never shows anyway).

Attachments

• Image 3-20-21 at 7.56 PM.jpg
    Image 3-20-21 at 7.56 PM.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Very strange. All our current cars ( S + X) as well as my Plaid+ reservation is no longer on my page. Just solar, shop, and 3rd party purchase button.
This has happened 3-4 times in the last month.

Each time people were speculating we were getting VINs and delivery dates, and each time absolutely nothing came of it.

Reactions: foos
This has happened 3-4 times in the last month.

Each time people were speculating we were getting VINs and delivery dates, and each time absolutely nothing came of it.
No speculation on my part. My Plaid+ is not imminent for a long, long, while.....by the time it's in my garage, there will be nothing left to speculate about as 1000's of LR and Plaids will be on the road already

Reactions: aerodyne
Why is "Pay as you go supercharging" an order detail? Is that a feature? It's not like they offered me free supercharging or no charging.

It's almost like they want to make sure I know that the crack they gave me for free on my 2016 X, which I used routinely, is no longer free now that I am addicted. Like my premium connectivity. Tesla giveth (sometimes) and they taketh away.

And yes, I am so desperate for info now that I even check and recheck my config details, read the lemon law disclosure, check the pricing, etc.
It is if you compare any Teslanto the competition.

With apologies to Tom Cruise's character in the film, Risky Business:

"Supercharging...there is no substitute"

(Not even if you have a Porsche Taiican)

I think our main problem is we’re expecting so much GOOD from Tesla from the moment we pay our $100 order fee. Most new Tesla owners (specifically me) never knew Tesla sucked at communication, never knew Tesla was not honest with their delivery dates, never knew Tesla had terrible built quality (from what I’ve been reading here: panel gaps, etc)! I am just flat out disappointed. To me, Tesla is like the ‘Apple’ of car companies. It is so great - so innovative, a mind blowing car (and solar) company. So great that a lot of us probably hold stock in it right now. If I knew that Tesla sucked at all of this before I ordered, I would’ve never sold my car. But I did. Because I thought Tesla would be 100% accurate with their estimated delivery because that’s what SHOULD be done. I don’t care about those microchips and whatever technical difficulties, internal difficulties and all that bull crap. This is a trillion dollar company that should get things done and be honest with their customers, especially the new ones. Just leaves a sour note on my tongue. — I guess it’ll taste sweet once May comes 🤦🏻‍♂️

I think our main problem is we’re expecting so much GOOD from Tesla from the moment we pay our $100 order fee. Most new Tesla owners (specifically me) never knew Tesla sucked at communication, never knew Tesla was not honest with their delivery dates, never knew Tesla had terrible built quality (from what I’ve been reading here: panel gaps, etc)! I am just flat out disappointed. To me, Tesla is like the ‘Apple’ of car companies. It is so great - so innovative, a mind blowing car (and solar) company. So great that a lot of us probably hold stock in it right now. If I knew that Tesla sucked at all of this before I ordered, I would’ve never sold my car. But I did. Because I thought Tesla would be 100% accurate with their estimated delivery because that’s what SHOULD be done. I don’t care about those microchips and whatever technical difficulties, internal difficulties and all that bull crap. This is a trillion dollar company that should get things done and be honest with their customers, especially the new ones. Just leaves a sour note on my tongue. — I guess it’ll taste sweet once May comes 🤦🏻‍♂️
It's OK. Dive back in with a used PP owned 100D. Get one now before folks realise what they have.

It could be that the "Best Tesla is a used Tesla", one pre Grimes/Banks/pot/420 funding secured, etc..

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo and Drew-MS
Exactly. Agreed!

Reactions: rezkyms
Yup, you’ll forget about all the negatives right after you hit that accelerator pedal for the first time 🤩.. I’m so confident the refresh will be the most impressive car any of us have ever experienced.

Another kicker for me is Elon has Tesla owners who paid for for FSD begging throughout social media for the opportunity to download a beta version of it. They paid for a function / service that they can’t even get and is not ready yet. But Tesla got their money and Elon laughs his ass off. We sold them hope and they paid full price for it. Lol.