Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I didn’t order mine. First EV for me. Was so excited, I bought Wall Connector and had it installed. (I never expected this type of delay and no info from dealer. I did not expect this type of treatment from a car company. ) I am going to wait for delivery. Called SA also yesterday. I was told April/may for people that preordered like I did in December. But I don’t believe it. My guess is June now. It has been a very unpleasant experience.
my last 4 cars were Mercedes. All of them were great and service was a pleasure. But everyone I knew that owned a Tesla seemed to love them. So I drank the cool-aid.

Big mistake.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and Angelo14
I wish I didn’t order mine. First EV for me. Was so excited, I bought Wall Connector and had it installed. (I never expected this type of delay and no info from dealer. I did not expect this type of treatment from a car company. ) I am going to wait for delivery. Called SA also yesterday. I was told April/may for people that preordered like I did in December. But I don’t believe it. My guess is June now. It has been a very unpleasant experience.
my last 4 cars were Mercedes. All of them were great and service was a pleasure. But everyone I knew that owned a Tesla seemed to love them. So I drank the cool-aid.

Big mistake.
Search for used MS before the refresh delay is well known.

Nothing wrong with raven performance or P100D.

And what makes you think Rivian will deliver on time?

We shall see. They have a ton of opportunity: pay attention to quality, treat customers with respect/communicate, better warranty, don't find ways to basically cheat the EPA (if it says 400 100% - 0%, that should be going 75mph on the damn highway imo). Tesla has left a the door open for em, let's see if old Bezos + Ford can get them going. FWIW - I dislike Bezos and its one of the reasons I did NOT want to get one...but every single day it looks better and better.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
Call Sony and demand to know when the X90J will be delivered and each person you talk to will give you a different answer. Sony is a mature company. This is not a communications problem, definitely not a Tesla issue. This is called, "how it works". No one forcing anyone to buy anything, take it or leave it. There are 1000s of parts that go into CE/Cars/Products and any number of reasons we don't have them, who cares.

Totally agree with you. The more range the better. 400 is good, but wish it was 500. No way will I be stopping every 2 hours on a road trip and I take many road trips. Not sure why everyone would not want that.
For the record, in a long-range Model 3, my wife and I could easily have chosen to go 3 - 3.5 hours per leg on the Supercharger network. We often went shorter just to stretch our legs or optimize for taking advantage of destination chargers along the way.

As a reminder, this is what the Technoking said in January during the earnings call (emphasis added):
I am a big Tesla fan, love Elon, etc. I don’t mind the wait, love the anticipation, but enjoy whining from time to time.

However, if what he said in January was actually false and they weren’t in production, that’s public statement fraud since it’s material for investors (my opinion) and manipulative and deceptive. That’s a crime per the SEC.

NOT saying the guy should be hung, and I don’t really care whether Tesla communicates with me or not about my order. However, Tesla and Musk should be held accountable for public statements like that. I do think, despite the $20MM “fine” and stripping him of Chairman, the SEC has been a LOT easier on Elon than many other companies. I am not one of those “I am going to sue Tesla” guys. I am not. Just saying I don’t think it’s appropriate for a CEO to outright lie publicly about a material fact, IF that’s what he did.

As of today, I was told (again) to expect May/June delivery. For the first time, however, it was hinted by my SA that it could be earlier. Go figure. He left out the quite obvious “but it could also be later...much later”.

I am a big Tesla fan, love Elon, etc. I don’t mind the wait, love the anticipation, but enjoy whining from time to time.

However, if what he said in January was actually false and they weren’t in production, that’s public statement fraud since it’s material for investors (my opinion) and manipulative and deceptive. That’s a crime per the SEC.

NOT saying the guy should be hung, and I don’t really care whether Tesla communicates with me or not about my order. However, Tesla and Musk should be held accountable for public statements like that. I do think, despite the $20MM “fine” and stripping him of Chairman, the SEC has been a LOT easier on Elon than many other companies. I am not one of those “I am going to sue Tesla” guys. I am not. Just saying I don’t think it’s appropriate for a CEO to outright lie publicly about a material fact, IF that’s what he did.

As of today, I was told (again) to expect May/June delivery. For the first time, however, it was hinted by my SA that it could be earlier. Go figure. He left out the quite obvious “but it could also be later...much later”.

What did he say to hint at earlier?

I do no think think the SAs have any information beyond speculation. I am located in Los Angeles, I ordered an MS Plaid last week in January. I went by the dealership today, and have a good relationship with my SA. He said they have been given no information, and that everything you hear from SA's is complete speculation. Some will tell you May/June to set expectations low and hope you stop calling everyday. I spoke to the head manager of the dealership as well, and he said they really have no real information. It could be next week it could be June. I actually felt bad for them, because they are tasked with helping to sell these cars, and they have to hear all the complaints directly when they are given just as little info as us!!!

Producing models and delivering models are two different things.

@Tigers This was said on he January earnings call. Not a hint. He said it was in production.

Post in thread 'Model S Delivery Update'
Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

I was referring to your comment: "As of today, I was told (again) to expect May/June delivery. For the first time, however, it was hinted by my SA that it could be earlier. Go figure. He left out the quite obvious “but it could also be later...much later”."

What did your SA say that hinted at it being earlier?

Call Sony and demand to know when the X90J will be delivered and each person you talk to will give you a different answer. Sony is a mature company. This is not a communications problem, definitely not a Tesla issue. This is called, "how it works". No one forcing anyone to buy anything, take it or leave it. There are 1000s of parts that go into CE/Cars/Products and any number of reasons we don't have them, who cares.
And yet, I go on Sony's website, and all I'm given as to a release date is "Available Soon (Notify Me)" Does that in any way sound like the numerous date ranges quoted by Tesla on earnings calls or on their purchase website?

Mature companies know better than to invoke ire by making stupidly optimistic release date promises. Anyone in the "just wait, you have a car and it'll be great", "all good things to those who wait" or "Tesla didn't promise you anything" camps are completely missing the point.

I actually test drove both the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S yesterday after hearing that my March delivery will most likely be a June delivery. Hated the everything about the Taycan. Today updated my LR order to a Plaid. Tesla is light years ahead with the reftesh
I disagree to an extent. I just test drove the Taycan Turbo S and my take on it is this. For a driving enthusiast the Taycan truly is an electric luxury “Sports Car”. Handling, feel and quickness is definitely far better than the Model S. Also the build quality and material quality is definitely superior. It is also more exclusive. Tons Tesla’s on the road. Not many Taycans.

However, it is a lot more expensive ($137,190 vs 190k), has less range, less horsepower (750hp vs 1020hp) and less tech.

Tesla is a computer/tech company that’s making economic / sporty luxury EV’s , Porsche is a car company with tons of experience in making sports cars who’s starting to making EV sports cars.

My friend told me “Hey, if you get the Taycan you won’t have FSD and can’t burn people with all that power”. I said true, but 1. You don’t by a sports car for it to drive it’s self lol. What’s the point in that? And 2. All that power is nice in a straight line! Add some twists and turns and I have no doubt the Taycan will make up its ground lost.

So in essence it comes down to what the Individuals expectations and what they prioritize / are looking to get out of an EV. Just an opinion. Ok, I’m ready. All the Tesla cult members can begin your attacks. Lol. Jk.

oh yea, by the way my order status: Ordered Model S Performance on 12/12/20 - Updated to Plaid on 02/13/21 - Current status says: “We will reach out to you to schedule your deliver date.” Translation: Don’t ask us **sugar cause we don’t know **sugar so shut up, wait and like it.

If there’s no significant news or deliveries starting to happen by the first week of April then I’m canceling my order and the Taycan Turbo S it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: omarsultan
I disagree to an extent. I just test drove the Taycan Turbo S and my take on it is this. For a driving enthusiast the Taycan truly is an electric luxury “Sports Car”. Handling, feel and quickness is definitely far better than the Model S. Also the build quality and material quality is definitely superior. It is also more exclusive. Tons Tesla’s on the road. Not many Taycans.

However, it is a lot more expensive ($137,190 vs 190k), has less range, less horsepower (750hp vs 1020hp) and less tech.

Tesla is a computer/tech company that’s making economic / sporty luxury EV’s , Porsche is a car company with tons of experience in making sports cars who’s starting to making EV sports cars.

My friend told me “Hey, if you get the Taycan you won’t have FSD and can’t burn people with all that power”. I said true, but 1. You don’t by a sports car for it to drive it’s self lol. What’s the point in that? And 2. All that power is nice in a straight line! Add some twists and turns and I have no doubt the Taycan will make up its ground lost.

So in essence it comes down to what the Individuals expectations and what they prioritize / are looking to get out of an EV. Just an opinion. Ok, I’m ready. All the Tesla cult members can begin your attacks. Lol. Jk.

oh yea, by the way my order status: Ordered Model S Performance on 12/12/20 - Updated to Plaid on 02/13/21 - Current status says: “We will reach out to you to schedule your deliver date.” Translation: Don’t ask us **sugar cause we don’t know **sugar so shut up, wait and like it.

If there’s no significant news or deliveries starting to happen by the first week of April then I’m canceling my order and the Taycan Turbo S it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don’t understand where people are driving such that they need the better “handling” to navigate all the “twists and turns.” Close to 100% of my driving is in straight lines or gradual curves.