Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t understand where people are driving such that they need the better “handling” to navigate all the “twists and turns.” Close to 100% of my driving is in straight lines or gradual curves.
I really hope that the Taicaan is successful to a point. With 70 years of experience, I hope the car would be unsurpassed in handleing.

But I also hope none of the owners gets spanked at a stoplight by a MYP.

That's just too painful to wish on anyone.

• Funny
Reactions: josahua
I was referring to your comment: "As of today, I was told (again) to expect May/June delivery. For the first time, however, it was hinted by my SA that it could be earlier. Go figure. He left out the quite obvious “but it could also be later...much later”."

What did your SA say that hinted at it being earlier?
Got it. It was actually kind of direct and not a hint. He said “it could actually be earlier because some cars have been sent to other service centers, but they weren’t for delivery yet. It seems like HQ is trying to send more Ss, we just don’t know where.” So again, sufficiently vague, no more info than we get here, but hey, it was some medicine for my Tesla fever! [insert cowbell]

He always refers to Tesla as “HQ” as if they’re the Avengers or something. That said, from the mood in the thread, seems like some people may be looking for vengeance.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
@Tigers This was said on he January earnings call. Not a hint. He said it was in production.

Post in thread 'Model S Delivery Update'
Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

And that’s the problem, and also why the assertion that shareholders don’t care about deliveries or delivery promises isn’t true.

What you see above isn’t exaggeration or lack of communication, it’s *lying* and that’s a problem.

Does anyone here really believe that Elon didn’t know that there was no production happening at the time he made that statement, and that he really believed they would ship in February? The guy isn’t dumb. The CEO (sorry, Technoking) lying to shareholders AND customers is concerning, sorry.

I really hope that the Taicaan is successful to a point. With 70 years of experience, I hope the car would be unsurpassed in handleing.

But I also hope none of the owners gets spanked at a stoplight by a MYP.

That's just too painful to wish on anyone.
Well it most likely will happen and thats ok so long as you didn't agree to race for pink slips lol... But remember this is Porsche's first crack at it so I'm sure in time the field will level. Just my opinion.

Reactions: aerodyne
I for one, am glad Tesla is delaying deliveries. I have to assume they would prefer not to do so if possible. The priority is for Tesla to make sure the cars are as perfect as possible and ready to be delivered They shouldn’t rush cars out that may have issues just to meet self imposed deadlines, and ultimately create unhappy customers and force the Service Centers to deal with the consequences
Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings...
“There’s never enough time to do it right but there’s always enough time to do it over. “

And that’s the problem, and also why the assertion that shareholders don’t care about deliveries or delivery promises isn’t true.

What you see above isn’t exaggeration or lack of communication, it’s *lying* and that’s a problem.

Does anyone here really believe that Elon didn’t know that there was no production happening at the time he made that statement, and that he really believed they would ship in February? The guy isn’t dumb. The CEO (sorry, Technoking) lying to shareholders AND customers is concerning, sorry.
Musk is always optimistic about timeline and assume zero problem, everyone knows it by now.

Reliable source:

If and any EOQ deliveries are happening at factory. No customer cars have shipped cross country. Example being a Model 3/Y on the East Coast available IN the East Coast area would have the earliest delivery date of Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tesla is backed up from Model 3 and Model Y deliveries.

Sorry guys! See you next quarter!

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
I for one, am glad Tesla is delaying deliveries. I have to assume they would prefer not to do so if possible. The priority is for Tesla to make sure the cars are as perfect as possible and ready to be delivered They shouldn’t rush cars out that may have issues just to meet self imposed deadlines, and ultimately create unhappy customers and force the Service Centers are to deal with consequences
“There’s never enough time to do it right, but there’s always enough time to do it over. “
I agree. Especially with Tesla's track record on build quality and bugs. However, tell us that! Tell us something! lol.

Musk is always optimistic about timeline and assume zero problem, everyone knows it by now.
This interview provides some interesting insights on what’s really going on as far as “Elon Time” is concerned...
His Mind is stuck in the future.
So our present is his past.
(my interpretation)

Reliable source:

If and any EOQ deliveries are happening at factory. No customer cars have shipped cross country. Example being a Model 3/Y on the East Coast available IN the East Coast area would have the earliest delivery date of Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tesla is backed up from Model 3 and Model Y deliveries.

Sorry guys! See you next quarter!
That means I should be the first if any deliveries were to happen as I'm going to take the delivery from Fremont (or at least my SA is from the Fremont store), right? 😜 jk

Unfortunately, they seem to have no clue either when the deliveries are gonna start. 😐

We get it, you're upset. The guy you're replying to is just trying to make sense of this whole situation. We'd all love to know what the holdup is...
Indeed. Because i believe the guys and girls working at Tesla are not dumb. Far from that, likely. And they know very well how communicating to customers should be done. And they know very well that pushing deliveries backwards has a limit before customers cancel their orders.
There could be technical or regulatory issues but perhaps there are strategic considerations as well. But to ease the pain on waiting: i have ordered a model s LR. Expected to be delivered in November 2021. So for those who will probably pick up your orders in a week, or 2: you are still the lucky ones 😎. And i expect that once you have driven it a couple of days, the waiting and frustrations will be forgotten quickly.

I fully agree however that it would be better if Tesla communicated properly and is clear on deliveries as well as more specs of the model S.

I for one, am glad Tesla is delaying deliveries. I have to assume they would prefer not to do so if possible. The priority is for Tesla to make sure the cars are as perfect as possible and ready to be delivered They shouldn’t rush cars out that may have issues just to meet self imposed deadlines, and ultimately create unhappy customers and force the Service Centers to deal with the consequences
“There’s never enough time to do it right but there’s always enough time to do it over. “
Tesla trying to deliver perfect cars😀wishful thinking

They could have been in the process of ramping up production, which might qualify as "in production", and then hit "the snag", so had to hold up. He wouldn't have been lying.

I was going to drive a 4S, but after the walk-around shown below, got a serious case of sticker shock. Not fully loaded and more than a plaid plus!

I don't know why I never knew this, but I had no idea the Taycan had just a regular trunk. I think that might be a dealbreaker. I've been happy to have my hatchback on the S many times!

Appreciate the walk around. The taycan looks nicer in my opinion but the sticker shock and lesser specs are just not enough to tempt me.

Reactions: Angelo14
I don't know why I never knew this, but I had no idea the Taycan had just a regular trunk. I think that might be a dealbreaker. I've been happy to have my hatchback on the S many times!

Appreciate the walk around. The taycan looks nicer in my opinion but the sticker shock and lesser specs are just not enough to tempt me.
I learned something too, the Taycan rear seats fold down.

It's good to keep an eye on the competition, especially these days...

Reactions: Angelo14