Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those financing, did y'all complete the finance application?
I had received a text stating that those who complete financing will get priority. On the other hand, my SA asked me to wait before I submit the application.
My SA said he didn't really know but suggested I switch it to cash for now and they'll change to financing once my VIN gets assigned. This seemed the safest approach to me.

That’s the type of standard txt/email Tesla sends:
Action Required: Good afternoon! Congratulations on your Tesla order! Please login tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete all outstanding tasks within the next 72 hours. Please note that delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla account. Incomplete tasks may delay delivery timing.
Questions? Please reply to this thread for support. Thank you and have a great day!

Wait - what? They told you via a text if you finance through Tesla you'll get priority? That doesn't seem...right...

Attachments

• IMG_3C528EE65E1B-1.jpeg
    IMG_3C528EE65E1B-1.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: sam3194
Wanted to add here - I think relevant, perhaps. Tesla updated their delivery timelines for Model 3/Y to 9-13 weeks/5-9 weeks respectively. Model S/X untouched (10-14 weeks for the S, May/June for X).

I looked last night and the 3/Y estimates were much shorter. Sort of odd timelines, as that means they don't plan on delivering any cars the first month and a half of the QTR, at least not 3/Y. Maybe they are prioritizing S?

Reactions: elguapo
Wait - what? They told you via a text if you finance through Tesla you'll get priority? That doesn't seem...right...
No, that doesn't mean people with Tesla financing will get priority over 3rd-party financing, it means folks who don't have outstanding to-dos will get priority over folks who did not do their homework--they are not gonna hold a car while you get your paperwork sorted out.

Wanted to add here - I think relevant, perhaps. Tesla updated their delivery timelines for Model 3/Y to 9-13 weeks/5-9 weeks respectively. Model S/X untouched (10-14 weeks for the S, May/June for X).

I looked last night and the 3/Y estimates were much shorter. Sort of odd timelines, as that means they don't plan on delivering any cars the first month and a half of the QTR, at least not 3/Y. Maybe they are prioritizing S?
Folks - when are y' all going to realize Tesla timelines are about as accurate as a $12 Rolex ?

They mean nothing.

I was foolish enough to believe they meant something when I ordered a Model 3 last year, and the 4 week estimate turned into 8 weeks, then 12 weeks, then finally a cancelled order in disgust.

You're nuts if you believe anything that comes out of the Tesla chat sessions, your over-burdened SA, or any Tesla generated text showing up on your phone.

I'm sure your car will show up someday... but save your sanity and be a pragmatist about all of this.

I have the exact same thing!

I’m sure Tesla wouldn’t have us apply for a new loan either and have another credit pull either. If they do then that’s extremely unprofessional on their end and also bad for business. I’m sure and hope it’s nothing to worry about until the VIN is assigned and it’s time to put the down payment and sign those papers.

speaking of which, my VIN appeared on my account! It’s 5YJSA9R1LF00L5

🤪

They absolutely will. It’s up to the banks, not Tesla. The loan approvals are good for 60 days. It states this in the fine print when you apply, in fact there it says 30-60, but all loan approvals through Tesla now expire after 60 days, and in the terms it actually says you give them permission to re-check your credit before delivery if it’s been more than 60 days since the approval. Call or email Tesla finance, they’ll say the same thing, and the 60 day timeline is well publicized with customer experiences all over the Internet. No bank is just gonna give you a loan on a 120-day old approval.

Mine just expired - they do not note anything on your account page when the expiration happens, they’ll just re-pull again before delivery. The good news when they re-applied mine for 60 more days is my interest rate went down to 1.84%.

No loan approval is good indefinitely. That just isn’t a thing that exists, and it’s absolutely not up to Tesla.

Rolling back through this thread, i've seen a few suppositions about "march" vs "-" and the like

I ordered the night of 1/27 after the announcement
MSLR, Blue/19s/White/FSD
got a date of "march 1-31", RN 114418
completed tradein and financing (2.49) from Tesla, assuming I'd maybe get it the first

that weekend, received an email about the $2000 discount because of the refresh, which amused me, as I did not have a pre-refresh order.
a couple weeks later changed to arachnids, that took a few days to show up

Delivery Date shortly thereafter changed to "-"

No text from tesla this week.
I did update my financing last week with Tesla based on "you can bargain" threads on reddit and now have 1.99 for 36 months.

Reactions: Desert Dave
Rolling back through this thread, i've seen a few suppositions about "march" vs "-" and the like

MSLR, Blue/19s/White/FSD
completed tradein and financing (2.49) from Tesla, assuming I'd maybe get it the first

that weekend, received an email about the $2000 discount because of the refresh, which amused me, as I did not have a pre-refresh order.

I did update my financing last week with Tesla based on "you can bargain" threads on reddit and now have 1.99 for 36 months.
When you say you completed your trade-in... does this mean you gave Tesla your car - or got a price from them you liked ?

MSLR, Blue/19s/White/FSD

can you point me to the "you can bargain" on financing reddit thread? I applied via Tesla and got offered only $40k financing @2.5% on the Model S. I'm wondering how to approach this, so that I can finance upto $80k on the car.