Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whether you have to pay taxes or get a refund when you file means nothing for this. As long as you have 7k of tax liability (assuming there is no income cap added, current bill doesn't have one for new purchases) then you can take full advantage of the potential tax credit.
That's exactly how I understand it too. That is a HUGE saving. If we take delivery (purchase or lease) before law is passed, do we lose tax incentive?

No explanation??? This company is so unprofessional. I was excited about the technology and the design of this car. But I actually might cancel and buy the Taycan now.
I get it but comparing the Taycan to the Tesla Model S LR & Plaid is apples to oranges. Taycan = higher quality yes, Porsche prestige and handling/driving characteristics w/ decent technology (although not even close to the level of technology of the Tesla MS) BUT the Taycan (and Audi E-Tron GT / RS GT) has much lower max battery range, much less HP/TQ, and not nearly as quick in sheer performance as the Tesla Model S (Plaid anyway) at a much higher cost! So, um...no thank you.

If anything compares to the Tesla Model S, it would be the new Lucid Air GT and Lucid Air Dream Ed, but that's also currently delayed and Lucid is a brand new auto manufacturer with zero built/delivered cars with no proven history yet (although I suspect Lucid will be a great Tesla competitor in the near future!!!). Also - watch what MB does over the next couple years, starting with the new EQS. I suspect MB will add AMG versions with much improved HP/TQ and performance. But, again, these EVs could come at a much higher premium cost. If I don't love, love, love my Tesla Model S, I would envision my next EV being either the Lucid Air GT or MB AMG EV; probably not the Porsche or Audi unless they figure out how to improve max battery range while improving performance at the same time AND lowering costs...geez, they're expensive especially since every option is a la carte...not worth the $$ imho and I used to drive a Porsche Macan Turbo (albeit not exactly the most expensive Porsche but still).

Last edited:
No explanation??? This company is so unprofessional. I was excited about the technology and the design of this car. But I actually might cancel and buy the Taycan now. Telling me March when I buy it and then saying July without explanation (or apology) is a scummy business practice. My short-lived Tesla love affair is over.
I thought you were only buying the Model S for the yoke. The Taycan doesn’t have a yoke so that is obviously not an option for you!

Reactions: doubleshot
New to the community, new to Tesla, been following with interest, thanks for everybody’s updates. Ordered 2/5. LR MSM, black interior, 21 wheels. MT Kisco NY delivery. Estimated delivery just changed from March to July as well. To be fair to my SA he called me 3 weeks ago, said delays (didn’t know how long) but to stay excited. No question that client communication is generally a bit of a joke given we are talking about the most valuable car company ever but I’m sure (or at least hope) it will be a great car when they eventually are delivered (assuming no 1 inch panel gaps, poor paint jobs etc, in which case I’ll refuse to take it). Good things come to those that who wait but realize timing causes issues for some and appreciate general levels of frustration noted here.

Roughly it seems like people with LR reservations have had their delivery estimates pushed back while people with Plaid reservations have stayed the same. This would also make sense with what Tesla said that Plaid would come before LR. However these extreme delays without notice are still unacceptable at best!

Roughly it seems like people with LR reservations have had their delivery estimates pushed back while people with Plaid reservations have stayed the same. This would also make sense with what Tesla said that Plaid would come before LR. However these extreme delays without notice are still unacceptable at best!
Is this correct? Has anyone with a PLAID order been changed to "July" or is everyone who has changed been an LR?