Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am not sure how significant this is.. but the "edit design" option is gone from my order page. I ordered back in November, and I remember this happened a couple weeks before delivery (I delayed the delivery so I can get the refreshed version).

RN# 1143
My RN is 1142 and the "edit design" option has been gone for months. I had to call my SA to change the color from white to red. She said that it shouldn't affect my place in line but having read some prior posts, I am now concerned that it has.

My RN is 1142 and the "edit design" option has been gone for months. I had to call my SA to change the color from white to red. She said that it shouldn't affect my place in line but having read some prior posts, I am now concerned that it has.
Depending on what colors they make in what order this could either accelerate or delay your order. So order what you want to own. No point in second guessing it.

I walked all around the service center lot hoping to find one, but none :(
Can you take a quick peek into the MS assembly line and see what's happening? Grab a few photos too if you don't mind. If anything goes bad we'll setup a go-fund-me... assuming of course you got the photos! (seriously don't do this, we'd probably never hear from you again!)

My order status is unchanged: RN1146248xx MS White/Cream 19" FSD 4-11 weeks form order date (3/12/21)

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
I've been waiting to apply for financing due to the 30-60 day limit on approvals (don't feel like multiple credit pulls). Anyone have any idea on if that'll affect my place in line?
I have heard from multiple people on here to just complete your finance profile with the cash option and then switch to financing once you are offered delivery. They may prioritize those with a completed profile.

I just ditched my trade in when they asked today. Selling to carvana instead once I get it. I'll have to redo my financing though ugh but not till that expires.
Keep in mind potential tax consequences. In NY, the value of your trade is taken off the sales price which lowers your tax owed amount. For me, a friend of mine bought my car, he bought it for the amount Tesla was offering plus the $2k in tax savings I would have gotten via trade in. This is a state specific item so it may not apply for you.

Reactions: T-Racer
Keep in mind potential tax consequences. In NY, the value of your trade is taken off the sales price which lowers your tax owed amount. For me, a friend of mine bought my car, he bought it for the amount Tesla was offering plus the $2k in tax savings I would have gotten via trade in. This is a state specific item so it may not apply for you.

I have looked at 3rd party trade-ins, but putting together the tax savings on the trade (my stated takes off trade value), convenience of throwing the yes at my SA, and Tesla was very close to the 3rd parties (sometimes more) - I am trading with Tesla.

I considered that for my trade in in CALI and found that here, the trade value does NOT come off the purchase price for tax purposes. I was hoping, but then again, I realized i live in California

Just my two cents here for those of us that are eagerly waiting and potentially loosing sleep over our delivery dates for the new model S/model S plaid:

1. Lets face it – we are not fans of having to wait for our delivery dates. Its challenging and I’m sure that I’m not the only one that constantly refreshes this forum and my Tesla order page for updates.
  2. Elon Musk has changed the world and this is only the beginning. Yes it sucks having to wait without any further details but I’m willing to do so. Knowing that my Tesla solar/powerwall back up will power the worlds fastest production car, and that vehicle will sit in my garage at some point is exciting enough without having to pay supercar prices and repairs for the vehicle.
  3. For those that are looking at alternative options such as Mercedes, Porsche, etc – do you really trust these vehicles short and long term knowing that they lack experience/time with electric vehicles? Don’t get me wrong – I love a solid German performance car and have owned a few myself. However, when it comes to technology and the software that manages the vehicle, my money is on Tesla. Its worth the wait.
  4. I sold my vehicle back in November and invested the money. I went through Carmax and got a great deal for the car, check in hand within 45 minutes. If you are able to do so, I would highly recommend taking this route. It will make your transaction much easier when the your S is ready.
Now back to daydreaming about my S….

against my better judgement, i've added fsd to the car...

still 10-14 weeks from order date on my end (hah. right.)
I recently added FSD to my S and CT orders even though I don't expect level 5 before 2025. I want self driving and maximum driver assist in the meantime, and we can't be sure they will follow past practice of giving notice before raising the FSD price.

against my better judgement, i've added fsd to the car...

still 10-14 weeks from order date on my end (hah. right.)

Please say you didn’t 😂🤣 see my 3rd time here...

Your post will now summons TSLA Pilot - thanks...
True.

One supposed mark of a larger brain is the ability to plan ahead vs. "living in the moment."

Sadly, many exemplify this by making choices which greatly increase our planetary-scale risks, and likely shorten our human lifespan on Earth.

What will the offspring of "Hellcat Boy" say when he's asked, "When faced with massive, overwhelming, data that strongly suggested that continued dumping of GHG's was a really, really stupid thing to do, why did you buy that insanely stupid 2021 Dodge gas-guzzling, GHG-dumping POS?"

Answering, "I couldn't wait another few weeks for a Tesla Model S," will sound beyond moronic, no?

The offspring may wish to have a DNA extraction to keep the stupid genes out of the pool.

True. I don't think that matters in GA. We do ad valorem tax here which is a combined sales tax and use tax. From what I understand you can get a refund on ad valorem tax when you sell your car but under specific circumstances.

In GA, the combined state and local title ad valorem tax is 7% of the motor vehicle's fair market value.

Edit. I stand corrected after I looked. My sales tax did jump up $2k ... Womp lol

Last edited:
Please say you didn’t 😂🤣 see my 3rd time here...

unfortunately.. i did. i'm just obsessed with tech stuff, and i love me a gimmicky toy.

plus, the delays just make me want to do .... something in relation to this tesla. the only option available to me was to add fsd...
fools and their money are soon parted i suppose :p. good business plan on tesla's part.

For those that are looking at alternative options such as Mercedes, Porsche, etc – do you really trust these vehicles short and long term knowing that they lack experience/time with electric vehicles? Don’t get me wrong – I love a solid German performance car and have owned a few myself. However, when it comes to technology and the software that manages the vehicle, my money is on Tesla. Its worth the wait.
Yes. These companies survive to be 100 years old because they learn, adapt and evolve. Daimler's R&D spend last year was $10.2B and VAG's was $14.3B. Tesla has done amazing things and build an awesome car but they hardly have the market cornered on smart people.

Reactions: tibook and elguapo
And your future Model S now has 700 fewer miles on it... and will be at least 3 months newer
3 months newer but still a 2021. If we receive our cars in June-July, then many 2022 models will be on the roads within a few months or less. A few years ago, I got my 2018 MB in August 2017. Taking delivery of a 2021 at the same time others will be receiving their 2022s will be a bit annoying, not gonna lie.
If June-July turns into July-Sept, lets hope that Tesla at least makes it a 2022 model year. Not many people buying a $100k car would accept a 2021 in September 2021. Unless of course it's a leftover 2021 at a discount

True.

One supposed mark of a larger brain is the ability to plan ahead vs. "living in the moment."

Sadly, many exemplify this by making choices which greatly increase our planetary-scale risks, and likely shorten our human lifespan on Earth.

What will the offspring of "Hellcat Boy" say when he's asked, "When faced with massive, overwhelming, data that strongly suggested that continued dumping of GHG's was a really, really stupid thing to do, why did you buy that insanely stupid 2021 Dodge gas-guzzling, GHG-dumping POS?"

Answering, "I couldn't wait another few weeks for a Tesla Model S," will sound beyond moronic, no?

The offspring may wish to have a DNA extraction to keep the stupid genes out of the pool.
:D