Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully black handles šŸ˜..
Still says 4-11 weeks, not sure why itā€™s not updating to July.

Attachments

• DD1D0336-5D3F-4577-8CB1-417152B4192F.png
    DD1D0336-5D3F-4577-8CB1-417152B4192F.png
    669.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 62969DC7-BB7D-4D1A-8EE4-1465A521A377.png
    62969DC7-BB7D-4D1A-8EE4-1465A521A377.png
    448.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
1. Has anyone quantified that to be anything more than insignificant? Live in SoCal, and range is fine and am dubious that I have been impacted in any notable way.
2. My '17 OBM is still gorgeous. The entire front has PPF so no swirls and the rest of the car is in fine shape as I am the only one that washes it. Some very minor swirls. Only noticeable in direct sunlight and from less than a foot away.
3. I'll grant you that one based on low visibility conditions caveat.

All that being said, I'm never buying black again. :) But would never tell anyone that it was a bad choice.
I ordered black but might change to silver|gray. Not sure why all the colors are metallic except black. Iā€™m nervous to make a change šŸ˜¼

I ordered black but might change to silver|gray. Not sure why all the colors are metallic except black. Iā€™m nervous to make a change šŸ˜¼

Worst case you drop a bit in the queue however that algorithm works if you change colors on LR or Plaid order. But on a Plaid+ you will additionally lose $10-12.5k on the pricing..... (interior price change, FSD price change, general recent price increase). I love the OBM but takes too much time to maintain, so I ordered MSM. Also, not sure of the difference between SB and OBM.

Reactions: Drew-MS
I wouldnā€™t fret. Those who say ā€œJulyā€ now will update to August at some point OR go back to 4-11 weeks or go to ā€œ-ā€œ. When your name is Tesla, you donā€™t need a reason, itā€™s always the season for unexplained surprise.

I wouldnā€™t fret. Those who say ā€œJulyā€ now will update to August at some point OR go back to 4-11 weeks or go to ā€œ-ā€œ. When your name is Tesla, you donā€™t need a reason, itā€™s always the season for unexplained surprise.
Where ā€œ2020ā€ was the general reason for things going sideways last year, this year itā€™s ā€œTeslaā€.

Have not heard of any Refresh VINs getting assigned but saw this in a Teslarati article dated yesterday Apr 16. Quote: "The Model S and Model X refresh were initially expected to begin deliveries in February, as per estimates from CEO Elon Musk. So far, however, the vehicles are yet to make their way to their reservation holders, though some have noted that VINs are already being assigned for Model S refresh units. Other reservation holders have also reported that their delivery dates have been pushed back as late as early Q3." EndQuote. Anybody here heard of someone getting a VIN?

Where ā€œ2020ā€ was the general reason for things going sideways last year, this year itā€™s ā€œTeslaā€.
Just dont forget we are talking about the new Model S/X.= from what i see 3/Y moving along really well, they are becoming a lot more commonplace on the road and (speaking a a Y owners) are amazing vehicles...and in some ways Iā€™d rather they announced new S/X realy Rather not than later...

Reactions: josahua
MSM, Cream, 19ā€ wheels, ordered mid-January, ā€œwe will contact you for deliveryā€

If mostā€™s Jan/Feb ordered Sā€™s say July, isnā€™t it weird that if you build an X right now it says May/June? Any chance they flip flop and focus X first or is that just lazy web keepers?

I imagine itā€™s just a case of the people at Tesla who actually know what is going on with the new S/X not communicating to their employees. Tesla Sr. Executives clearly donā€™t want the public/customers to know what is going on with the production delays. Sales Advisors and Iā€™m sure people who work on the web team are in the dark so that we are left in the dark. Theyā€™ll update the website when they are given info theyā€™re allowed to be public.

We arenā€™t going to get any type of update until Elon is forced to talk about it at the earnings call. (Even then I suspect itā€™ll be as vague as he thinks he can get away with) Elon made a statement about S/X production and availability early this year. He was wrong. There is likely no positive spin that can be put on an update regarding timing since the update would probably be, ā€œwe donā€™t knowā€.

If I had to wager, Iā€™d say we arenā€™t going to get any meaningful updates on timing until one random day when VINs just start showing up. Until then, weā€™ll all be in here impatiently waiting.

I imagine itā€™s just a case of the people at Tesla who actually know what is going on with the new S/X not communicating to their employees. Tesla Sr. Executives clearly donā€™t want the public/customers to know what is going on with the production delays. Sales Advisors and Iā€™m sure people who work on the web team are in the dark so that we are left in the dark. Theyā€™ll update the website when they are given info theyā€™re allowed to be public.

We arenā€™t going to get any type of update until Elon is forced to talk about it at the earnings call. (Even then I suspect itā€™ll be as vague as he thinks he can get away with) Elon made a statement about S/X production and availability early this year. He was wrong. There is likely no positive spin that can be put on an update regarding timing since the update would probably be, ā€œwe donā€™t knowā€.

If I had to wager, Iā€™d say we arenā€™t going to get any meaningful updates on timing until one random day when VINs just start showing up. Until then, weā€™ll all be in here impatiently waiting.

I agree that he will not man up and say something meaningful. Again, it is not the delay so much as the lack of communication. I am not obsessing over this and want to get on with a new vehicle (I travel 30-40k per year). So today I am going to test drive the Defender, Taycan, and stop by MB to see what they can show me on the EQS.

Do NOT want to cancel. I want the S by a wide margin but not sure I am cut out for this Tesla business model.

I agree that he will not man up and say something meaningful. Again, it is not the delay so much as the lack of communication. I am not obsessing over this and want to get on with a new vehicle (I travel 30-40k per year). So today I am going to test drive the Defender, Taycan, and stop by MB to see what they can show me on the EQS.

Do NOT want to cancel. I want the S by a wide margin but not sure I am cut out for this Tesla business model.
If delivery delays continue into August I am considering the RS E-tron GT as my second choice behind the refreshed Plaid.

The inconsistency in everyone's order status is evidence that Tesla orders are not centrally managed. "-" ", "no dash", "4-11 weeks."

I am guessing they have multiple apps on the front end that handle pre-production orders and ad hoc asynchronous manual updates to "estimated delivery." It only gets serious when there is a physical vehicle being bonded together that matches your order specs.