Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s when I’ll know it’s real - When the videos are updated. A person has to have some idea how the car will function who -
1) has never owned one and/or 2) doesn’t live in a large metro area to test drive.

I ordered online site unknown/unseen, in fact, i didn’t know it had been refreshed until I joined this forum. I just knew that AMG could not build my car in time to replace my current lease and i picked up my phone and ordered this.
Skinny pedal go, wide pedal stop.

My account says “-“ for delivery estimate. Model S LR. Frustrating.
Went ahead and bought this fun car ( as my 3rd/backup car) while waiting on Model S. Now it doesn’t matter to me when they deliver lol

Attachments

• 3AF00E39-E0FB-4DD7-849B-2EFAC83CDDDB.jpeg
    3AF00E39-E0FB-4DD7-849B-2EFAC83CDDDB.jpeg
    574.5 KB · Views: 81
Hey, it could be worse. People who ordered a Model X in February are going to be waiting til October!

All Model X Orders Delayed Oct-Nov
I don’t think that’s true for all people who ordered the X. No doubt, it will be true for some, but I expect a more optimistic update this week. That said, every update from Tesla should be taken as a SWAG.

Reactions: Tigers
Sounds like fake news. I ordered my X in March and my date is still showing June. Unless they only pushed Feb orders back which I highly doubt.
You must be new. Those dates on your account don't mean anything until we see cars actually ship. Plus I would assume Model S production in June and July first before X even come out. I could be wrong and they start X production first, but that pretty unlikely.

Reactions: croman
A nephew who is a physical therapist says a couple of Kaiser doctors at the hospital he works are driving brand new S’s. I asked him to take photos on Monday to confirm horizontal displays and yoke steering. He says the docs got them a month or so ago. Is Tesla maybe prioritizing healthcare pros?
I can tell you that I (as a doctor) am getting zero priority that I know of. 🤷‍♂️

Over here deliveries are Q1 2022. Except for Plaid+, that is (presumable much) later. Basically a year out.

I'm amazed [at] the absolute clusterf*ck the new rollout is.

Yup. And I’m amazed that it hasn’t really hit the stock price yet. After all, this goes to Tesla’s core competency (or lack thereof)... production of EVs. And high-margin, low-volume ones yet.

So, can they or can’t they? This does not inspire confidence. 😟

Last edited:
Yup. And I’m amazed that it hasn’t really hit the stock price yet. After all, this goes to Tesla’s core competency (or lack thereof)... production of EVs. And high-margin, low-volume ones yet.

Tesla doesn't have an EV production problem, they have a communication problem. Elon should have never committed to March.

I wonder if it's CA lashing out with regulation because they are moving operations to TX?

I think we should give Tesla a break. Production of these cars is harder than World War II. And then just when you think you have things figured out you can’t find USB cables and you have to go to Best Buy and buy them. These things happen and provide a perfectly understandable explanation for why production was delayed by half a year.

You must be new. Those dates on your account don't mean anything until we see cars actually ship. Plus I would assume Model S production in June and July first before X even come out. I could be wrong and they start X production first, but that pretty unlikely.
Yes I am new. : ) This will be my first Tesla purchase. Just hoping my month will hold up and actually be true since production is ramping up soon. It would be nice to get a good definition from Elon on what 'soon' means.

Yes I am new. : ) This will be my first Tesla purchase. Just hoping my month will hold up and actually be true since production is ramping up soon. It would be nice to get a good definition from Elon on what 'soon' means.
“In production already” appears to be defined as as absolutely no cars produced. “Soon”, I will be coming up on my original estimated delivery date in a few days. It will be 90 days since that date. I can guess “soon” does not occur in less than 90 days. My first Tesla purchase also.

Congrats on your purchase. You'll love the car, just bear in mind it might be a bit bumpy between now and then.

Reactions: elguapo